Ben Barba suspended indefinitely

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So there is as much evidence of domestic violence and drug use as there was rape for Brett?
During the trial process we all hated how he was judged guilty without evidence. Is it fair to do the same to another player?

He might be a big headed grub but that does not make him a drug taker or a women beater

As that Dickhead Webster said in the paper this morning,you don't join the Epic Bender Club and do the standard roll in a wet comic book to have half a dozen schooners,a meat pie and home to the couch to catch a John Wayne movie.

For those who doubt the rec drugs rumours do you really think he sits in the corner having a quiet schooner while the rest of them rack up for 48 hours. This is the real world ffs.If its yellow and quacks its a duck.

Having said that I''m not a big believer in hunting blokes out of the game for 2 years for rec drugs.In my view its not much different from a bloke getting blind drunk at every chance.I think its a club issue.They balance the ability of the player against the effect on a club and make a decision. Brisbane and the Knights let Lockyer and Johns do their thing and won plenty of comps.If these clowns want to do it then it is not a health issue,it is a dickhead issue and the club needs to decide if they keep the dickhead or flick him.It might be a novel idea but maybe one day someone might ,just might, be responsible for their own actions.

I don't agree with the long punishment for rec drugs but if you get caught then cop it without playing the victim

Not sure if you are addressing me in your post Isz, maybe taking my light hearted post a little too seriously.

Either way, you are right rumour and innuendo are not fact. However I for one am suspicious of this event - you do not suspend a player for gambling problems, hell Hindmarsh would never have played! The suspension is the key it does not make sense. We may never know what it is truly for, just like we will never know which grub yelled obscenities at a female reporter from the Bulldogs offices. Maybe I am jaded but too many carefully worded statements are floating about.

Personally I do not think drugs or physical abuse are at play, but having seen how problem gamblers can act I do have an opinion which I will keep to myself.

susan said:
As that Dickhead Webster said in the paper this morning,you don't join the Epic Bender Club and get the standard tough sticker moniker to have half a dozen schooners,a meat pie and home to the couch to catch a John Wayne movie.

For those who doubt the rec drugs rumours do you really think he sits in the corner having a quiet schooner while the rest of them rack up for 48 hours. This is the real world ffs.If its yellow and quacks its a duck.

Having said that I''m not a big believer in hunting blokes out of the game for 2 years for rec drugs.In my view its not much different from a bloke getting blind drunk at every chance.I think its a club issue.They balance the ability of the player against the effect on a club and make a decision. Brisbane and the Knights let Lockyer and Johns do their thing and won plenty of comps.If these clowns want to do it then it is not a health issue,it is a dickhead issue and the club needs to decide if they keep the dickhead or flick him.It might be a novel idea but maybe one day someone might ,just might, be responsible for their own actions.

I don't agree with the long punishment for rec drugs but if you get caught then cop it without playing the victim

But lsz will have you believe the EBC is a group that get together to drink a can of V. They really do go off the rails.

Voice not directed at you just general hung over crankiness

I hate how Brett was treated without any evidence so refuse to speculate on "other" circumstances are proven .

I would love it if the dogs fell apart but until there is some truth / facts I think you have to take it on face value

And with that rant it is coffee and bacon time

Bones if there is proof I have no drama otherwise it is the same crap that was around with Brett

How many people claimed to "know" the real story? Which all seemed to that Brett had rapped that girl? And what was the actual truth?

globaleagle said:
The main thing is....we should all be sticking it to their fans.

Here here come on people lets get back on track here and just give it to dogs fans. Filthy scumbags.

Isz Brett copped it unfairly for sure over what was a very serious accusation that could have led to a long prison sentence and it had a major effect on his life.

This clown is being accused of popping a few pills on an epic bender(what a f...ing joke term).It is childs play.I couldn't care less what he does in his spare time unless it is performance enhancing.He is responsible for his actions like the rest of us,not that you would know it.

We as a society are the biggest users of rec drugs in the world and yet you can believe a bloke who has oodles of spare time and cash and loves a binge drink and a bet goes out with the EBC boys for a weekend bender and drinks West Coast Cooler while the boys cut up the candy in the corner. It is simply ridiculous and doesn't pass the common sense test.

You never get proof with this stuff Isz unless they test positive.The tests for rec drugs are a joke because the NRL know it is just as rife as the rest of society.They don't want to know.Guess who was with both Johns and Sailor when they got caught,guess who was the the biggest party boy in the game and guess who appeared on a drugs panel on 9 the other night.It is a ioke and they just want it to go away and frankly I couldn't care less-its is their life,they are not cheating in a sporting sense but if they get caught by the law then they should cop it without the victim squeal.

I coached an elite under 16 side last year and most were pill poppers.I hate it but that is life these days.

I think fans are only interested in knowing their players are not doing an Armstrong.The rest is superfluous.

lsz said:
So there is as much evidence of domestic violence and drug use as there was rape for Brett?
During the trial process we all hated how he was judged guilty without evidence. Is it fair to do the same to another player?

He might be a big headed grub but that does not make him a drug taker or a women beater

There is a fair weight of evidence pointing to what Barba's problem is, as opposed to what Stewart was hung, drawn and quartered for within a week by the media and used to scapegoat him by the NRL.

Bulldogs stood Barba down and he's been in re-hab; Stewart and the club claimed innocence. But it is telling how the media have treated both in the aftermath of their respective incidents.

People (on the street, in forums) talk. But for those listening, there is a real problem at play for Barba and subsequently his club and the code.

A comparison between fans talking about both is a big stretch.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
so what are the odds on a big $$ 'gould special interview' on the first footy show to grab some ratings and try to get people to watch that rubbish show.

Ben would know the odds... ask him.

susan said:
thanks Tookey.You are right about some old school justice.In the old days if a kid was causing trouble on the street the local cop gave him a clip behind the ears and then took him home to his father and he did the same.Might be old school but kids had respect for elders back then and didn't swarm the streets in packs.The local Palm beach mob up here can consist of 100 young dickheads or more patrolling the street and the cops cant get within a metre of them without reams of paperwork.

I know two coppers there, one would love nothing more than to walk along GC hwy tasering the feral bastards. The other, is an unbelievably tolerant man, who has (and needs) the patience of a saint. How either of them keep rocking up to work is beyond me. The absolute hate the youth have got for the cops up here is staggering.

Yep.You can see it now.The old fox(himself a long term victim of the punt) one on one with poor Benny with the pictures of the two lovely kids superimposed in the background.And the only person not to blame will be Benny-Gus will find a way to pin it on the NRL as usual for not providing adequate support to the poor old player.In his world the NRL should have supplied the pens for Cam to sign all 3 of his contracts.

The only people anyone should feel sorry for in this story are the mum and 2 young girls.

May I remind you all of the power of the word "alleged". If you are going to post rumours or inneundo about any player, past or present, it might be worthwhile considering its use. However in general, try and keep the discussion in this thread to matters on the public record, or if you must speculate, then keep it non specific. Most of us can join dots, you don't need to hold our hand and make it as subtle as a sledgehammer.

I know it's a boring stance to take, but that's life.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8