Ben Barba suspended indefinitely

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It seems obvious the Bulldog PR machine is a lot slicker than the Manly one. But anyone who has followed the very public boardroom bickering at Brookvale would already know that.

Mals said:
Ange said:
Where is Des - when he was with us he backed his players in the media constantly - not so with the Dogs - wasnt around when they lost the GF, wasn't around with their end of year drama & not around now.

Todd has probably put a muzzle on Des.

I think there is more than what is being said.

Why wasn't Des at the press conference?
Do you guys believe what that green turd didn't know what was happening, or they preferred to keep quiet and sweep it under the carpet as it was there superstar , because in reality des knows they can't win the comp without him.
There is more news coming out of this , I just hope it doesn't affect our club!!!!

I have heard there is serious tension between hasler and Greenberg it stems back to grand final night when Hasler completely banned any media from their dressing rooms post game. There has also been innuendo about a high profile CEO and High profile coach falling out and it is these two. The honeymoons over at Belmore.

Lord Eagleton said:
If our Brett Stewart was photographed getting a tattoo of 'ECB' on his navel, thus declaring his love for getting off-head, there would be a public hanging at dawn. None of this "oooh gee we hope Ben's ok", and "its great he has the guts to ask for help". Please

Also he is declaring his love for Steve folkes' son.

The case for Barba isnt domestic violence or gambling or alcohol and Greenburg is quite clever selling it as gambling and alcohol issues. A little like a half who used to play for the Broncos who had similar issues

^^^ Thats right.

All you Fairfax and News journos reading this thread go and do a decent article about the REAL Ben Barba story - that the guy is a straight up tool, who values losing his inhibitions and looking like a degenerate loser, over being a good role model to thousands of kids (his own included).

Let me just say I'm not taking any satisfaction in this shocking turn of events. Sad to see a proud club like the Bulldogs imploding before the season even starts..... no seriously......

Pride said:
The case for Barba isnt domestic violence or gambling or alcohol and Greenburg is quite clever selling it as gambling and alcohol issues. A little like a half who used to play for the Broncos who had similar issues

That's little Broncos issues were gambling and significant debt. The money was too good from the English offer and is why he left mid-season (and after a poor start for his club, on the back of his lack of motivation).

Moondog said:
Let me just say I'm not taking any satisfaction in this shocking turn of events. Sad to see a proud club like the Bulldogs imploding before the season even starts..... no seriously......

[attachment=423]

:D

Lord Eagleton said:
^^^ Thats right.

All you Fairfax and News journos reading this thread go and do a decent article about the REAL Ben Barba story - that the guy is a straight up tool, who values losing his inhibitions and looking like a degenerate loser, over being a good role model to thousands of kids (his own included).

Exactly, who would you choose, your wife and kids, or Steve Folkes' son?

globaleagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
His team mates that were gambling with him on Sat should be suspended too

Why ?

"Family" club.

Epic
Barba
Crash

The family club because all their supporters are related.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
His team mates that were gambling with him on Sat should be suspended too

The publican who knew he was borrowing money from his mates to continue gambling should have to answer why he allowed this practise in his venue when it is a breach of the Responsible Service of Gaming Guidelines. Benny should ask him to refund all the money he lost.

The evidence suggests that native people across the world are genetically far more exposed to alcoholism than those of European decent. Perhaps because alcohol is a more recent phenomenon in their cultures? This is the exact same pattern that exists for type 2 diabetes, and other ills of Western lifestyles.

So simplistically pointing the finger at Barba is perhaps a bit arrogant.

Far more widespread and growing is the pattern of young people binge drinking. The evidence shows binge drinking severely interferes with brain development, particularly with development of the prefrontal cortex - which controls ability to make sound, rational judgements. Without bingeing, males may not fully develop the prefrontal cortex until age 30 (as compared to 25 for females), with bingeing they may never develop it. It may sound cool to get off your face, but it is inherently and infinitely stupid too. Choosing to gamble away all your money rather than feeding your kids is a far from uncommon symptom of this Western disease.

Barba, as a role model, risks increasing this trend.

I said in a previous post he seems like a good guy on the face of it. Having read about his past conquests and spoke to a couple of guys in the last couple of days I need to revaluate that and declare him an even bigger goose .......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ........Please!

If this was you or I we would be rightly pidgeon holed as a drunken aggressive dickhead looking for some violence to wash down the piss.

But no,we have a ""health"" problem for star footballers.It is only a matter of time before we get ADD or undiagnosed bi polar trotted out.Why cant people come to the obvious conclusion that there are decent people and there are d...ckheads with a predeliction towards violence.Good people/bad people.It aint hard.Violence on the street is getting worse by the day.Jail the f..ckers.

ps I m biased having spent 2 weeks in hospital for severe head injuries after being bashed by 3 blokes on a bender outside a restaurant with my missus.

• 👍
Reactions: L80
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8