Ben Barba suspended indefinitely

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've had to clean up a couple of posts in this thread. Mainly due to a complaint we received. Now I don't want to get into an argument about it, I just deleted the comments in question to save time and hassle.

Also a reminder guys about posting hearsay and innuendo that could be interpreted as slander or libel. Try and be sensible, especially in high profile cases such as this, that are inevitably surrounded by endless rumour and chinese whispers. Appreciate your help.

Stevo said:
Why are we even talking about domestic violence?? The Bulldogs said it is not a matter for the police and Barba's mrs has come out and said he's never been violent towards her.
Remember a guy called Inglis and a girl with black eyes. That didn't happen either apparently.
The rumours may be comepletely false, but the statements by the doggies and Ben's ex were very carefully constructed.
I'm not saying he's guilty of DV but I really don't trust anything being printed in the media regarding Barba's situation especially statements put out by the doggies.
I don't have anything against Benny. B but an innocent guy called Brett Stewart was hung drawn and quartered and left out to dry by the NRL, the media and everyone except Manly.
Why on Earth should we trust statements by the doggies regarding Ben Barba's current situation?

Stevo said:
Why are we even talking about domestic violence?? The Bulldogs said it is not a matter for the police and Barba's mrs has come out and said he's never been violent towards her. The domestic violence issue has been assumed by people and all it is is uninformed garbage.

Not assumed. Just wrongly believed what Channel 10 news reported. They (Ch 10) even went as far as saying Barba admitted it. They obviously have as much credibility as the Daily Telegraph does. None.

Stevo said:
Why are we even talking about domestic violence?? The Bulldogs said it is not a matter for the police and Barba's mrs has come out and said he's never been violent towards her. The domestic violence issue has been assumed by people and all it is is uninformed garbage.

Because people like to say that Brett should have gotten this treatment then hypocritically hang Barba out to dry based on innuendo and newspaper articles as well

Like all these stories there is some truth in there. Just trying to work at what.

The purchased a property in Caringbah, then before Xmas separated, then moved out, lived with Miss tweedle (love the name), played in Goulburn (game started at 7pm), said to trainer did not want to play anymore and left field, was supposeably seen somewhere playing pokies, drove back to Sydney and meet up with DCE on Saturday night (3 hr drive) and moved in at some time. So the biggest crime in all of this that he walked out on his club and broke his contract.

bones said:
Stevo said:

Not assumed. Just wrongly believed what Channel 10 news reported. They (Ch 10) even went as far as saying Barba admitted it. They obviously have as much credibility as the Daily Telegraph does. None.

I also believe they linked the verbal abuse - I am certain Greenberg (will find quote) said they were concerned with the way the he was talking to his partner.

Before we get off our collective high horses, before we stop patting ourselves on our backs for our purity, before we stop pointing the finger at BB, who hasn't got some form of addiction, violence, substance abuse, dysfunction, egotistical self-centredness?

Anyone here?

Rex said:
Before we get off our collective high horses, before we stop patting ourselves on our backs for our purity, before we stop pointing the finger at BB, who hasn't got some form of addiction, violence, substance abuse, dysfunction, egotistical self-centredness?

Anyone here?

Well I have had all of the above at times in the past. Now days I'm addicted to will power, I have quit just about everything and I'm running out of things to quit.

Stevo said:
Because you don't know that what the Bulldogs have said isn't true.

I know but...they suck and I don't like them so I'm being subjective not objective.
I have nothing against Barba, I actually quite like him as a player. As for Todd Greenberg though, I believe he's very slimey.
But really I shouldn't give a flying F. about the bulldogs so enough with them and Go Manly, 2013.

It's fair enough that some people are happy that this will most probably cause the Dogs to struggle - The rivalry between the Dogs and Manly helps to make our sport even more entertaining and interesting. Dogs fans no doubt have their fingers and toes crossed that Stewart's contract doesn't get registered for the same reason. But to be celebrating the fact that Ben Barba is going through these struggles and taking pleasure in this is pretty disgusting.

The Bulldogs, unlike most NRL clubs would, have put Ben Barba the person first rather than worrying about the affect this will have on their season's start. If I was Ben Barba, or any other up and coming player, this sort of compassion and care would be something that would draw me to want to play and represent this club.

Our passion and excitement levels should be through the roof coming into the start of what will be one of the best NRL seasons to date. Let's just make sure we don't forget that the boys who represent our clubs, who are our idols, are people too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8