Ben Condon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
Some Cowboys fans comments, obvs take with a grain of salt as Silvertails shows a teams fans often dont have measured views...

"Dont mind him but never quite seemed to have the lateral movement. Previously I would be concerned to see a talented youngster leave but it speaks to the talent of the squad that we are building that he does not quite make the grade."

"I liked Condon in that he could run a good line.. scored a few tries for us doing so which was a breath of fresh air after having guys like Dunn and Wright making next to zero impact on attack. We have a lot more depth in that position with a few guys ahead of him now though and his lateral movement in D was a problem with how the game is played at the moment. I'd have kept him for depth but can't begrudge him for leaving if he gets an opportunity somewhere else which it sounds like he has."

"Condon can run a good line. I think he can make the grade once he gets more experience. He’s just going to take longer than the guys in front of him here at the Cowboys. Best wishes to him at Manly"

"I actually thought he was extremely average especially defensively.

maybe a change in scenery will do him a world of good. Good luck Ben"

"I agree, the games I was at last year I thought he was very average defensively, seem to tire very quickly & was a lazy defender"

"Got nothing against Condon, thought he did his job and surprised with a few tries last year.

Wish him the best of luck, but I definitely think he’s relatively easy to replace.

Seems that Payten prefers his backrowers to be lighter and more mobile than Green did."

Can't be stat blaming him on not getting a NRL game ,the kid had some pretty good talent in front of him.They have 7 second rowers fighting for 2 spots.

Nanai
Gilbert
Luki
Leilua
Remember ,everyone starts somewhere.
Put him in some maroons and give him a fresh start ,kid could be anything.

Some Cowboys fans comments, obvs take with a grain of salt as Silvertails shows a teams fans often dont have measured views...

"Dont mind him but never quite seemed to have the lateral movement. Previously I would be concerned to see a talented youngster leave but it speaks to the talent of the squad that we are building that he does not quite make the grade."

"I liked Condon in that he could run a good line.. scored a few tries for us doing so which was a breath of fresh air after having guys like Dunn and Wright making next to zero impact on attack. We have a lot more depth in that position with a few guys ahead of him now though and his lateral movement in D was a problem with how the game is played at the moment. I'd have kept him for depth but can't begrudge him for leaving if he gets an opportunity somewhere else which it sounds like he has."

"Condon can run a good line. I think he can make the grade once he gets more experience. He’s just going to take longer than the guys in front of him here at the Cowboys. Best wishes to him at Manly"

"I agree, the games I was at last year I thought he was very average defensively, seem to tire very quickly & was a lazy defender"

"Got nothing against Condon, thought he did his job and surprised with a few tries last year.

Wish him the best of luck, but I definitely think he’s relatively easy to replace.

Seems that Payten prefers his backrowers to be lighter and more mobile than Green did."

Not very glowing , hey. Watching. Game or two he was in, he's one of the slowest players I've ever seen. With our already excessively slow and immobile forward pack, him and Tuilagi makes us exponentially worse.

Where.do teams tear us apart? It's a known fact you focus on attacking Manlys middle. Imagine Condon added to that defensive weakness already.

Jesus.

FMD, the reaction is as predictable, as it is pathetic

Who gives a **** what his stats were in his opening games.

Michael Robertson “can’t get a run in a **** Canberra team, useless”

Glenn Hall “been through 3 **** clubs and couldn’t make any of them, crap”

Rose “fat and useless, reserve grader”

Galuvao “old, slow and Crowe doesn’t rate him, waste of money”

The list over the years goes on and on, remember also half a dozen games into their careers Glenn Stewart was too small and Steve Matai was useless as well

You’d think people would learn to actually give people a crack

The same people raving about Townsends influence this year would have said he is a **** signing because the Sharks put him in reserve grade then released him last year

How will he go, who knows, but how about having a look at him first
That is a fair analogy

Lets see how he goes at Manly before he is fairly judged

Hopefully he will make an impact with his big frame

There were also Big hopes for Big Morgan Boyle who never got the break at the Titans but Big Morgan did not make it Big at Manly

Since his return, Des hasn't been able.to develop a complete cup of coffee let alone an NRL player. In my view, the entire playing group has regressed in both attitude and ability.

I agree though historically he turned okay players into great ones, but once again, we are relying on past glories we've well and truly moved on from.

This squad needs an injection of aggression. Explosive intensity. Quality. Passion. Leadership. Not complete and utter plods like Tuilagi and Condon. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather Raylene Boyle get a run.
Ok, we have a fair few spots left on our roster. Assuming 100% of them have to bring 'explosive intensity' then could you put together a list? (assuming we can get 100% of them)

I'm the same, I often say we need x, y and z but when you look at the current talent in the nrl and consider the fact a new team it seems that having every signing to be pure x, y or z is difficult. Some years you just need a good x, and then hope some juniors and 'utter plodder' fillers come good (eg. Isiah Papalli). Snag x and y and that's great; next year is looking to be a good improvement. Snag x,y,z,.... and it's quite possibly a 'major rebuild'; which either works great or falls flat on its face.

I might try make a list later, but can't think of many off my head at this stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not very glowing , hey. Watching. Game or two he was in, he's one of the slowest players I've ever seen. With our already excessively slow and immobile forward pack, him and Tuilagi makes us exponentially worse.

Where.do teams tear us apart? It's a known fact you focus on attacking Manlys middle. Imagine Condon added to that defensive weakness already.

Jesus.
Again harsh for what at best is probably a depth player.

IF ( a big if) he has been signed to be a frontline , week on week , in the 17 , then your comments are probably spot on.

I’m certainly not saying he will be or is a superstar , but fairs fair if he’s being signed as a 27th / 28th type player.

AND if he shows promise he’ll get a run.

Otherwise he might not even be seen unless there’s just no one else.

Ben Condon is already one of my favourite Manly players!
There is one thing wearing the sacred maroon and white cloth

and another living up to its Benchmark of excellence

I hope Ben does our Legendary maroon and white colours proud

Visual search query image

I find forum takes are generally good at getting a read. He seems to be a player very much in the 'got some potential to be good or to be a plodder' bucket.

The comments seems more leaning towards the latter but too early to tell. Sounds like a player that would benefit from a lot of fitness work, hopefully we get that department cooking in this off-season.

I was sort of expecting an announcement this morning that Tolman had signed 🤷‍♂️🤣
He’d be a no for me

Fifita for a year would be ok , Lodge ( yes I know , but we need a prop like him) or Klemmer.

I’m of the belief that as is usual any decent announcements will take place when they release the membership for 2023.

Until then it will only be “ depth “ type players.

He’d be a no for me

Fifita for a year would be ok , Lodge ( yes I know , but we need a prop like him) or Klemmer.

I’m of the belief that as is usual any decent announcements will take place when they release the membership for 2023.

Until then it will only be “ depth “ type players.
The top teams forwards are like fast , lethal and relentless artillery firing at you at 100 miles an hour .

Jake for example is a fine player but he is not fast .

We need to match other teams fast and formidable dominating forwards

We have to match fire with fire if we are going to go far in 2023
See the source image

Condon’s known to be extremely safe, but on the downside he’s been criticised for being a bit thick and lacking a feel for the game, and every now and then he can get broken and then there can be significant consequences. The worst part is he only becomes relevant if we get lucky, and we don’t get lucky often….

6 foot 5 inches with poor lateral defence sounds like another version of Morgan Boyle

It continues Hasler's copying of Fulton's 1980's style of big forwards

Hasler doesn't realise that the game has changed and forwards now need to have fast leg speed and quicker play the balls

The shorter stockier Joe Galuvao type forwards are the way to go interspersed with Cameron Murray players and JWH or Fisher-Harris

Souths have these types and so does Penrith and the cowboys

6 foot 5 inches with poor lateral defence sounds like another version of Morgan Boyle

Hasler doesn't realise that the game has changed and forwards now need to have fast leg speed and quicker play the balls

The shorter stockier Joe Galuvao type forwards are the way to go interspersed with Cameron Murray players and JWH or Fisher-Harris

And look where they are compared to us !!

Light years apart.

There is a place in the modern game for all shapes and sizes that have the Pace

Lane is 6foot 6 inches and goes well at Parra

But Lane has pace

Does Ben Condon have the pace ?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12