Best backrow?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Geez Dan Gartner had a step on him

Am i mistaken in thinking he was another victim of the beagles disaster? Forced out before his time?

lsz said:

Am i mistaken in thinking he was another victim of the beagles disaster? Forced out before his time?

Yes and no. Nice contract and success at Bradford for 6 or so seasons after leaving. Won the comp, world club challenge etc.

lsz said:

Pretty sure he played in the 1st season for the Beagles, when he left he was around 28/29 I think then had a few seasons with Bradford. Was my favourite as he was a gun but the most underrated of our backrow. So yes he probably left a season or 2 too early.

He is actually a physio these days and helped a mate back from a bad ankle break - def a all time fav of mine

Tooves won the Churchill in 1996, but Garts was easily the best forward of the finals that year even though we only had to play 2 games.

The starting back row in our premiership teams have been:

1972 - Allan Thomson, Terry Randall, Mal Reilly
1973 - Peter Peters, Terry Randall, Mal Reilly
1976 - Steve Norton, Phil Lowe, Ian Martin
1978 - Bruce Walker, Terry Randall, Ian Martin
1987 - Ron Gibbs, Noel Cleal, Paul Vautin
1996 - Steve Menzies, Daniel Gartner, Owen Cunningham
2008 - Anthony Watmough, Glen Hall, Glenn Stewart
2011 - Anthony Watmough, Tony Williams, Glenn Stewart

Not a bad collection of back rowers there. The most underrated would have to be OJ.

Yeah I loved OJ Cunningham, too.

Terry Randall is just something else though.

A beast, a machine, a colossus... Whatever superhuman label works best for you.

On the other hand, I appreciated a whole-hearted guy like John Jones.

With our rich history in the back row, we could argue for eons about the absolute best combo!

silvertail said:
Menzies, Gartner & Kosef are a shade better than any backrow ever seen in Rugby League. All 3 could attack ... And that included the ability to score long range tries. All 3 were superb defenders ... And that included one on ones. All 3 were sublimely talented ... And great ambassadors for league.

Individually, all 3 were supremely skilled, athletic and had real football smarts. Put them together and it was like the 3 backrowers of the apocalypse. My favourite combination without doubt, subtle, unassuming, honest and fair, but extremely effective.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8