Best Ever Manly Hookers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here is a lit of some of the players who have worn the #12 or #9 jumper (or at least started the game as the hooker) for Manly. Note that there are probably a few names missing due to the fact that the Rugby League Project site doesn't have teem sheets for most club games pre-1980.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/teams/manly-warringah-sea-eagles/players.html?pos=h

For mine, I would say our top 5 (in no particular order) are:

Max Krilich, Fred Jones, Matt Ballin, Mal Cochrane, Kevin Schubert.

Honorable mentions to Geoff Toovey, Michael Monoghan, Matt Dunford and Jimmy Serdaris.

Krilich the bomb thrower...as an 8 year old watching my first game, this tough old nut was the man & the thing I could tell even through the tv.... the bloke loved Manly...footy was not just a job, he played to represent with pride....also a massive Ballin fan, humble, under rated & though at another club, much respect to a top bloke who in truth ...is a Seaeagle for life.

Take the tip Mal Cochrane was our best.
Max was pushed to reserves by Ray Brown

But you gotta give it to MAXY...just so ****ing Manly! Serdaris/Jones/Walters/Brown

We are talking about HOOKERS aren't we???

Or are you guys talking about DUMMY HALVES lol

Last edited:
Take the tip Mal Cochrane was our best.
Max was pushed to reserves by Ray Brown

But you gotta give it to MAXY...just so ****ing Manly! Serdaris/Jones/Walters/Brown

We are talking about HOOKERS aren't we???

Or are you guys talking about DUMMY HALVES lol
The media will make sure Cameron Smith is immortalized as a hooker.
He has NEVER been anything but a dummy half. In the post 1980 game players like Cochrane, Benny Elias etc would play him off a break in scrums then having to back up in open play they had much more skill.
The difference between dummy halves and hookers is huge.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7