BIG ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE SEA EAGLES AT 3PM TODAY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Loved the press conference on their website...

'Time to open the floor for questions'

*awkward silence*

'No questions? Alright then.. thats it'

Quality.. they really care down there!

It's kind of funny that in Australia the majority of the rugby league telegraph-reading public hate Manly because they're told to and now we're going to have a cult Maori following. Love it. Good on Mr Lowe and please get us another fella who can kick goals like Matthew Ridge. Doin' the Eagle Haka.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Hopefully it will be 1 of the first steps in being able to offer an attractive sponsorship package to some companies based over here

Is not a massive thing for our club financially, but I like the innovation in it and the intent behind it, and who knows, it may turn into something bigger and better along the line.

I guess that is one benefit, so hopefully there is something else in the pipeline.  KE is this channel watched by the majority of NZers or is it a bit like a community channel?

PS When is Mata coming on to critique Lowes first major coup?

You wouldn't say it is a channel watched by the majority Wheel, as most of the programme's are spoken in Maori which stuff all people understand. It is free to air throughout the country

However they do gain most of their following through sports, covering the Breakers game during the NBL as well as doing the local league competitions. When they put on a show, it is usually quality so I am looking forward to those 13 shows

I'm trying really hard to be more positive.  Calling this "big news" makes my good intentions somewhat difficult. 

So its a bit like the Italian news on SBS.

Thanks KE, I hope you will do us all a favour and give us download of the shows

In fairness, few watched the Tour de France in Australia several years ago.  SBS persisted with it, Cadel Evans came along, and now it's likely to be poached by a commercial channel.

If this means we get a cult following in NZ and a steady trickle of Maori talent, I can live with it.

I haven't posted nuch on this site (or any for that matter) but I feel compelled to make some comments here.
While I would have preferred say, $20 mil to upgrade Brookie or some massive signing news, this is still good. It gives us regular free-to-air coverage in a large market. I'd suggest it has immediately increased the value of a sponsorship package, meaning increased income for the club. It also exposes us to a large number of potential out of town members (the marketing team should come up with an innovative packake targeting Kiwis).
With a successful team, and good marketing, this could provide a substantial income stream.

Volley I am surprised you think our name is "gay"...it is after all just a name....is Silvertails "gay" as well???

It is simply a name for a group of like minded fans to travel away together and share their mutual enjoyment of the Sea Eagles.

And how it relates to Maori TV I have no idea, perhaps all Kiwi's are considered "gay"

Mark from Brisbane
Coordinator of the "gay" Travelling Supportahs

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Volley I am surprised you think our name is \"gay\"...it is after all just a name....is Silvertails \"gay\" as well???

It is simply a name for a group of like minded fans to travel away together and share their mutual enjoyment of the Sea Eagles.

And how it relates to Maori TV I have no idea, perhaps all Kiwi's are considered \"gay\"

Mark from Brisbane
Coordinator of the \"gay\" Travelling Supportahs

Does that say more about him, or us ????

The "tahs" as we have explained is just to ryme with Manly WarrinGAH.....as I have said before it is just a name, if people dont like it then bad luck, the name has gained enormous momentum over the last 3-4 years and it's there to stay.

Forget the name and come on one of the trips and see for yourseleves.

Cheers

Sounds like the Supportah shirts are going to be closer to pink than maroon. :) I'll wear canary yellow if we are all cheering for Manly.

Not bagging the Supportahs at all Mark but maybe the suggestion of a Sea Eagles Mardi gras float is a good one. We've got the Maoris. We could secure the gay community. Graham Lowe could buy a skinless cat (Dr Evil style) and one by one recruit support from all the minority groups.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8