Biggest Regret

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Which player should Manly never have let go in the past 5 years?

• Clint Gutherson

Votes: 81 80.2%
  • Blake Green

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Matt Parcell

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Cameron Cullen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ligi Sao

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Manly have let a number of talented players go over recent (5) years. Who is the one player (and only one) that you wish was still at Brookvale?

Personally, my pick is Clint Gutherson. Just watching the Tigpies vs Eels on GEM and damn it is hard seeing him in that jumper. I know we are missing Blake Green, but Gutho can play 5/8, fullback, centre, wing. He can also kick goals and is a local junior.

You could include Foran in that list
Yes he has had issues and injuries but things might have been different if things were handled differently at the club at the time of all the crap with the board split ,Toovs , G Stewart

I voted for Gutho out of that lot but if you remember at the time he was desperate for a fullback spot and who was to know that in 2018 we’d be desperate for a 5/8.

He was a local junior as well so sad to see them move on elsewhere and be a success elsewhere!

Last edited:
Gutho - but regret isn't really the right word (skeaking for myself anyway - as I certainly had no say in it).

Regret can be reserved for whoever it was who made the decision to push him out. He wasn't even off contract at the time!

If we were cheating the cap we really were doing it wrong!

Of all the terrible decisions made by management in the last 3-4years that one may well prove to be the worst.

Definitely Gutherson.

If you go back a little further than 5 years, it would have been good to see Hopoate play on and stay on the wing. He played his best football there and I think our 2013 side would have been better with him in it, provided he never took a break from the game.

I also think having Dean Whare taking over Steve Matai could have had interesting results as well. Matai had been looking at the Sharks and Warriors at one stage. Breaking up the old crew may have been easier if Matai had moved on earlier than Glenn, although I question whether then administration of the club would have handled a move like this appropriately

I think a lot of our current problems started with how Gutho (and Matt Ballin) was treated

Signed with great fanfare then discarded soon after. Apart from what he brings on the park he is a clear leader, something we really miss at the moment....also a flammin local kid

Gutho by a country mile. He could be anything in 2-3 years. Has a huge influence on this parra side already. Has football brains and sound in every department. Skill and position wise. May not be as electric as turbo in attack but I’d feel much more comfortable with gutho back there calling the shots. If he ever did come home I’d be inclined to name him at fb with tommy in the centres with a license to roam through the middle with gutho playing as a second 5/8 type fullback on the edge

Seriously! The only reason Guth looks great is cause his forward pack has finally woken up. Unlike our ramshackle rabble.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8