Billy Bainbridge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks like he is a bit bigger than his listing in the team page of our website, which has him at about Glen Stewart height and weight. Guess he is still growing anyway, at the age of 19!

Years ago we had another mobile, great defending lock called Billy Bradstreet. If he turns out as good as Bradstreet was, I'll be happy. Bradstreet at one stage kept Ron Coote out of the Australian team.
2.jpg

I assumed that was a given to be honest.

Anyway, how long has Barrett been picking players on form for ?

Contract runs out this year .

its possible he was 17 at the time or that it was a 2 year contract.

Either way it was promoted by the club at the time and he was very young to have something like that, especially as a forward.

Since then I guess I have paid attention to him and I really like what I have seen so far. Most forwards are don't really get going until 22-23 and hit their peak 25-27.

Hope Barrett finds a way to keep him in the 17.

Being outside the top 23 he may have his hands tied by the salary cap once we have options.

I would keep him, if you are old good enough you are old enough and he looks good enough to me.

Being outside the top 23 he may have his hands tied by the salary cap once we have options.

I would keep him, if you are old good enough you are old enough and he looks good enough to me.

Once he has played one game he is part of the 2nd tier group and can play as much as he wants.

Once he has played one game he is part of the 2nd tier group and can play as much as he wants.

That wasn't my recollection but you may be correct. Thought I remembered TT's first year was restricted due to U20's cap limits. I also thought there was a bit of a loophole in this regard - you could have a couple of players on big U20 coin (including NRL game payments) allowing them enough game time or you can pay for U20's fame and build your team across the park to try and do well at that level but not pay bonuses. Hence why we have a few potential stars mixed with the best of whats left. (this could also just be a money saving tactic)

Even so he is still restricted by the second tier salary cap, albeit less restricted. As a coach you would be wary of chewing up that cap too early and being stuck later with a Brown in the centres type scenario if injuries occur.

Another thing that none of us would know is how Billy pulled up after his first proper hit out. Could be bloody sore and unable to be 100% so better to have him play the kids again for a couple of weeks.

That wasn't my recollection but you may be correct. Thought I remembered TT's first year was restricted due to U20's cap limits. I also thought there was a bit of a loophole in this regard - you could have a couple of players on big U20 coin (including NRL game payments) allowing them enough game time or you can pay for U20's fame and build your team across the park to try and do well at that level but not pay bonuses. Hence why we have a few potential stars mixed with the best of whats left. (this could also just be a money saving tactic)

Even so he is still restricted by the second tier salary cap, albeit less restricted. As a coach you would be wary of chewing up that cap too early and being stuck later with a Brown in the centres type scenario if injuries occur.

Another thing that none of us would know is how Billy pulled up after his first proper hit out. Could be bloody sore and unable to be 100% so better to have him play the kids again for a couple of weeks.

I understand the 2nd tier to be an $amount of players outside the 25 that can be used.

Once a player has played FG his contract of say $80,000 is then deducted from the 2nd tier total and that player is then entitled to play as much as he wants.

I believe the 2nd tier is why Baz didn't go to Blacktown for replacement front rowers ... it would have meant whoever he chose we would be stuck with and would restrict him from using others players later in the season.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8