Blake Green and DCE | How it'll work

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Blake Green is a big body for a 5/8. I've seen him take the line on many times this year and he certainly bends through. Good defender, strong running game and more than adequate passing and short kicking game. I reckon he'll be a BIG improvement on what we've had this year. At the very least he will ensure Manly have the best defensive halves pairing in the comp.

5 foot 9, (some sites say 5 foot 10). He's smaller than Foran (and closer to Koroisou).

Hasn't even signed with Manly. I think everyone's getting ahead of themselves.

He could be just bumping up his Storm price...

He is old and only temporary. Would prefer give a young half like Cullen a crack. At least that's looking forward to the future.

I agree it smells like someone trying to squeeze out a few more $

He has improved since his SL stint you know? He has been good this year and last year was probably the 2nd best 5/8 of the comp.

While I agree he has generally looked good this year, anyone would look good playing alongside Cronk in the halves and with Smith providing the games best service from dummy half.

For what it is worth, Mat Thompson on Channel 9 said Green had signed for Manly during the Storm vs. Broncos game. But nothing official yet.

Everything I have heard suggests that he has signed but won't be announced until after the season.

He could be a great pickup but he could also turn out to be no better than Wright or Koroisau at #6. We will see.
Wouldn't put korisou at 5/8. Cant pass or kick.

Hasn't even signed with Manly. I think everyone's getting ahead of themselves.

He could be just bumping up his Storm price...

He is old and only temporary. Would prefer give a young half like Cullen a crack. At least that's looking forward to the future.
I know he hasn't officially signed but knowing the nrl these days it'd probably already happened. I have heard manly were ready to announce it but are holding till the end of the season so the way green said this helps me believe he's on his way, but then again I shouldn't believe all rumours. I don't necessarily believe he will be a star but coming from a team with these dominant players in Cronk smith and slater he will know how to be one dominant player himself or know how to teach cherry this, an area of which our halves have lacked this year. I have been watching him play since the rumours started and especially in the more recent times and now know that he is a very, very underestimated player and his ability to just do his job will help us and dce out greatly. Fozza and Lyon are two others who just did their job in our 5/8 role and they took dce's game back to a new level and also helped the structure in our attack in big ways. I think green will be perfect for us but only time will tell...

Like Thompson, Scott Sattler similarly stated a month ago that Blake Green had signed with Manly. I Can't believe I am agreeing with Bozo so much ATM but the way Green steered that young storm team around at the Auckland nines, it was Cam Smith like, combined with how solid he is in defence. If Green can't improve our team next year, and DCE in particular we need to ask some serious questions about our coach.

Rugby League Week-
Blake Green will be missed next year.
The newest Manly recruit had another great game for the Melbourne boys tonight and will be a big factor in the playoffs. The pressure he takes off Cooper Cronk can’t be underestimated and if the Storm can lift the premiership their departing five/eighth will be a big part of it.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/five-things-learned-storm-v-sharks/

This supports what I also believe he will do for us, take the pressure off of dce and he is one of the best at it, how Blake Green manages to be so underestimated I don't know but I don't care as long as he does indeed come to manly.

He certainly has a professional style about him with excellent distribution skills. Potentially he could set Manly's backline with speedsters Turbo, Walker and Tom Wright on fire next season.

The only fear I have about Green is that he'll turn into our Gareth Widdop. The Pommy 5/8 was seen to be good at Melbourne playing under Bellamy and alongside Smith and Cronk (and with Slater at the back), but since going to St Merge without the same quality team mates Widdop hasn't been half as good IMO.

I fear this might happen to Green at Manly, though I hope not. He will have DCE, Tom and Matty Parcell in the Manly spine, lets hope they all gel as a cohesive and potent attacking unit.

Can someone please post the link where the club announcement was made. I can't find any evidence he has signed with us.

Nothing has been officially announced yet, not from the club or Green who said about a week ago that he was going to hold off on any announcements about where he'll play in 2017 until after the Storm are done with the finals.

Green had a very good game last night. reminded me of how Foran use to play.

Plays most of his footy of the left side
Runs to the line and has a good short passing game
Offers a second kicker, especially short kicking game. Found the in-goal numerous times.
Will take enormous pressure of DCE, and DCE wont have to run on both sides of the field like a headless chook trying to do all the ball playing and kicking.
Can defend.
Pretty cheap.

Wouldn't put korisou at 5/8. Cant pass or kick.
Agree. Green may not have extraordinary talent but he has the basic professional skills required by a 5/8 at this level and will allow DCE some leeway.

I'm not sure what people watch each week with Korisau. He is not an organizer ,cannot pass at all left to right and has no long kicking game plus his bombs are embarrassing yet people are screaming for him to be 5/8. It is delusional bordering on madness to see him as a long term option.

His strengths lie in his exhuberance, line speed in defence and ability to bob up at the right time which suits an interchange role.Im pretty sure he himself would like that role as it plays to his strengths.

It is not rocket science.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10