Blocker Roach sacked from 2GB for bullying

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
3 verbal warnings so as not to appear a Nazi in the eyes of the union. 3 Official warning letters signed by the employer or a representative, and the employee. This is to show the union rep that they have been hand walked through the process of what they need to do to rectify the problem.

Clever, lazy workers rarely underperform a certain given task twice in a row. They will remedy what you have specifically told them, then stuff something else up. When I was 2IC for Spotless (commercial/industrial cleaning, catering) we even had a guy turn up to apply for work during a shutdown at the Stanwell power station. Big $$ for workers during shut downs. He presented a resume that clearly showed a pattern of gaining employment, then hurting his back or injuring himself in some way and going on compo.

He listed about 6 places(I can't remember exactly, it was a long time ago now), right there on his resume where he had worked in the past 2 years, all ending in compo claims for various injuries. He had no references apart from his case manager and some friends and family. Everyone we called on his list of ex-employers had nothing good to say about his work ethic. Shut down work is not easy. Plenty of coal shovelling, and confined space work to be done. When we told him that we had reached our desired quota of 40 men and women and that he had been unsuccessful, you know what he did?? He ran straight to the union and tried to launch a discrimination case against us.

If you, as an employer, don't cover your ass, you will get it bitten eventually.

Most employees are out to do a good job, but there are quite a few bad apples in the bunch, and there seems to be more and more popping up for a quick buck.

While I am not condoning what Blocker did that got him the boot, in comparison to the bullying that Hadley and Jones have been accused of over the years, its a pretty lame thing. Especially since Hadley and Jones always seem to only get warnings and their jobs and pay packets stay intact. Guess it helps to be personal friends with Singo.

ManlyBacker said:
Full story re sacking from the Continuous Call team: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/steve-roach-sacked-by-2gb-over-staff-bullying-complaint-20140828-109h55.html

With a station boasting Alan Jones, Ray Hadley and Steve Price I would have thought bullying would be a mandatory skill for employment.

Maybe they could offer Matty Parish Blocker's spot?

HoldenV8 said:
While I am not condoning what Blocker did that got him the boot, in comparison to the bullying that Hadley and Jones have been accused of over the years, its a pretty lame thing. Especially since Hadley and Jones always seem to only get warnings and their jobs and pay packets stay intact. Guess it helps to be personal friends with Singo.

Exactly what I was going to post.

Successful mind meld complete

HoldenV8 said:
globaleagle said:
Successful mind meld complete

Live long and prosper

tumblr_m7yp12J9Fq1qcmlw4o1_500.jpg

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10