Board Meeting Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Those who think we will win the comp in 2012 if Des stays on - keep dreaming!! The bleeding will not stop until Des is gone!

I don't want Des at our club anymore, yes he has been great and yes the board are to blame for him leaving, let's just get on with the future!
In Tooves we trust!!!!1

Will anyone from here be in attendence and providing live updates via twitter ?

The Meeting has been going for 4 hours according to Foxsports, who is crossing live to someone named Pablo :)
The Mexican Standoff meets the Chinese Whispess :p

I sent an email into Graeme Hughes on Talkin sport today. I basically said that Hughes himself has mentioned in the past that Manly could have re-signed Hasler back in May if their offer was just $50k more per year. I asked if that is the case, then why is there talk that he left because of disatisfaction with the boardroom? How would offering $50k per year more fix those alleged boardroom issues?

His answer was that the board room issues are that they didn't act quickly enough in signing Des. He told me if I thought there was no dramas with Manlys board I was dreaming.
So he expects us to believe that the issue with the board is that they weren't quick enough in re-signing Des when he didn't come off contract for another 18 months?

I then sent the following email:

Graeme, you tell me I'm dreaming simply because I have a different
opinion to you. Thats fine, but If you believe Des Hasler hadn't
already signed with the Dogs long before Manly came in with their
revised offer, then you are the one who is dreaming. Manly upped their
offer once they won prize money for winning the premiership. By then ,
Hasler was already long signed by the dogs. I am led to believe the
dogs signed him as far back as June. The alleged boardroom problems
that keep getting brought via  the Daily Telegraph (such a reliable
source) are a deliberate ploy by Hasler and the Bulldogs to make the
Manly players , and in particular Kieran Foran unhappy and want to
leave. I know you will disagree because you would also like to see
Foran at the Bulldogs.
Also the CEO at Manly back in May when the offer to Hasler came up
short was your good friend Graham Lowe. However he escapes any
criticism. Funny that.

Bones

Strangely enough he didn't read this one out.

We are all assuming players will go, time will tell, but I believe some might not like Des as much as we think.

MadMarcus said:
If we tell him we don't want him the Bulldogs will snap him up. He will be better off financially if that happens so we will not have to pay him out.

The cynical part of me thinks that is probably what he wants. He has done everything in his power to make his position untenable.

You cant be blamed for thinking that. Because :

1.Announcing the signing on the day of Presentation night was confrontational.

2. Announcing Egan is signed a year ahead was also unneccessary. What other asst coach has been appointed a year ahead. It has lead to more unstability. This could have waited a few months into the season.

3. Leaking that Foran is going to the Dogs -I am not accusing Des of leaking this, but this has really made the situation of Des staying feel like it threatens the chances of Manly resigning of existing players.

4. Des not allowing the board to stay at the same hotel in England - again confrontational.

The positioning of Reilly standing close by Penn for the announcement couldn't have any significance surely.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4