Bolton vs Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Chuck

Reserve Grader
Just curious if anyone can shed some light on why Bolton is free to continue playing yet Stewie missed 4 games (all losses) for a similar incident?

The NRL's mistake with Snake was that they basically branded him as guilty before he was proven innocent in court. The unfortunate side effect is that most non-Manly fans still refer to him as a rapist even though he was proved to be completely innocent.

As @lsz said, strangely its a mistake the NRL learned from.

The NRL's mistake with Snake was that they basically branded him as guilty before he was proven innocent in court. The unfortunate side effect is that most non-Manly fans still refer to him as a rapist even though he was proved to be completely innocent.

As @lsz said, strangely its a mistake the NRL learned from.
Although the reason given was his alleged drunken behaviour, as a ‘face of the game’, not the other business.

Snake was vilified by Gallop and the likes of Rebecca Wilson and their non-apology condemns them forever for the damage to his reputation or the money that he lost and even after the case was rightly thrown out of court the vilification continued. What this guy did was wrong and frankly, the Cowpokes should stand the guy down until this is properly dealt with! The double standards in the game continue, the NRL claim that they want more women to attend and participate in the game and yet we have players in our game who should NOT be playing and are only playing because of the club they represent!!!

Snake was never the same after the media destroyed his reputation. The smiling happy kid with the world at his feet was completely gone. He appeared to become wary, even surly at times with the weight of the world on his shoulders. The psychological weight of the accusations would have led to him being susceptible to injuries which is just what happened.
Even after being cleared as innocent the media continued to bring him down - the chicken dance try celebration in honour of Beaver Menzies was pounced on by some in the media as 'rapist' behaviour - apparently he was so upset he had to have a week off.
Then linked to match fixing.
Snake still managed to be one of Manly's greatest ever fullbacks but the man himself had been changed dramatically.

Snake was never the same after the media destroyed his reputation. The smiling happy kid with the world at his feet was completely gone. He appeared to become wary, even surly at times with the weight of the world on his shoulders. The psychological weight of the accusations would have led to him being susceptible to injuries which is just what happened.
Even after being cleared as innocent the media continued to bring him down - the chicken dance try celebration in honour of Beaver Menzies was pounced on by some in the media as 'rapist' behaviour - apparently he was so upset he had to have a week off.
Then linked to match fixing.
Snake still managed to be one of Manly's greatest ever fullbacks but the man himself had been changed dramatically.

The effect on the whole family was enormous but agree Brett was never the same again and I imagine part of the reason he’s moved to Melbourne to start a business, anonymity!!

I hope the NRL has learnt from the Snake crucifixion that everybody is innocent until a court of law proves otherwise.
However, it doesn't stop the media from swaying people's opinions. The vast majority of people who read that someone has been changed will jump to a conclusion of guilt because, hey, the police never make mistakes, do they?
Look what's happened to the reputation of Geoffrey Rush and Craig McLachlin. Trashed via media reports. Yet neither have been proved guilty.

I hope the NRL has learnt from the Snake crucifixion that everybody is innocent until a court of law proves otherwise.
However, it doesn't stop the media from swaying people's opinions. The vast majority of people who read that someone has been changed will jump to a conclusion of guilt because, hey, the police never make mistakes, do they?
Look what's happened to the reputation of Geoffrey Rush and Craig McLachlin. Trashed via media reports. Yet neither have been proved guilty.

The real trouble with the #metoo campaign is a female can say anything and is instantly believed.

Now don’t get me wrong here many of them have every reason to say something but as we have found with Rush & McLachlan not every time are they right!

The real trouble with the #metoo campaign is a female can say anything and is instantly believed.

Now don’t get me wrong here many of them have every reason to say something but as we have found with Rush & McLachlan not every time are they right!

True Mark, but an interesting aside to this is that we’ve heard diddly squat from the alleged victim thus far.

In many past cases the media seems to find the “victim” and they tell their side of the story to all and sundry which is quite often bs and the alleged perpetrator whilst found to be innocent has their name and reputation tarnished forever.

By the silence of the media ( and the alleged victim) I’d be inclined to think that these allegations have legs and they don’t want to jeopardise any court proceedings that may be forthcoming.

Normally they’d be all over this.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8