Bozo HIts Out at Embarrassing Sea Eagles Board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What is interesting is that each "side" and tier supporters fail to answer key questions

For the incumbent members is there any truth to the loan rumour

To the challengers what are the plans for Dave perry

For mind these are the two key issues, not the other mud which is being slung around

I am just glad that it will all be voted on this week.

Members are not privy to the inner sanctum of the Franchise, so this media blitz gets boring quickly :cool:

The financial relationship between Directors is hardly a conflict of interest, as the FC Board voted on how they will vote at the Franchise Board, and the votes were carried through.

lsz said:
What is interesting is that each "side" and tier supporters fail to answer key questions

All members have the opportunity and are encouraged to call or write to their elected board members of the Football Club with any questions or issues.

We publicise our 1300 number and email address and many do take the opportunity to communicate with us (I know because I take most of the calls).

All of the current board are regulars at games home and away, are easily accessible and actively look to interact with sponsors, members and supporters.

We play a hands on role on all of the organised supporter trips with Darrell Williams, Chris Jones and myself generally part of the organising group.

Countless hours have been spent speaking and listening to members and fans on club matters on these tours.

I have given my contact details on this site a number of times and asked people with any questions to get in touch.

It is due to the active role we have as supporters and the passion we have for the team that allows us to feel comfortable that we are able to understand the wants and needs of other fans and represent them at a senior board level.

That said, you can't please everyone all the time as they say but I guess Thursday night will tell us whether the majority are happy for the current board to continue as the members representatives

More recently, many, many members have taken the time to speak with us regarding the key issues influencing Thursday's election.

Whilst we may not feed the press via public forums that does not mean that we are not in communication with our members mate?

Again, I can be contacted on 1300 1972 73 or via email at [email protected]

Bob Stevenson
Deputy Chairman
MWRLFC

Shoe 1, Bob Fulton wasn't our 'greatest coach'. That accolade should go to the late Ron Willey (72,73), or to Hasler, who sadly sullied his name at our great club.

Bob I appreciate how open you have been about being able to get in contact etc

What i was saying is that each side is quick to leak, fling mud etc

I would have thought, for either party, the smart move would be to address the key issues in the same public forum that the accusations are made

DSM5 said:
Shoe 1, Bob Fulton wasn't our 'greatest coach'. That accolade should go to the late Ron Willey (72,73), or to Hasler, who sadly sullied his name at our great club.

I would put Stanton above Bozo as a Coach too.

Stanton got Manly the Premierships in 1976, 1978 and really the 1978 GF was a double effort.
So to get the Team to pick themselves up to win that GF, is a Coaching masterclass in my book :angel:

Global, I've been saying a Vancouver game could be very good for us for a long time. There's heaps of Australians living and working around there, the Lions would give us the ground and there's probably some lumber jacks who'd get to the game.

DSM5 said:
Global, I've been saying a Vancouver game could be very good for us for a long time. There's heaps of Australians living and working around there, the Lions would give us the ground and there's probably some lumber jacks who'd get to the game.

Good to hear.

So you and me...that's 2 wise men. Just need a third and it's a go.

There's a whole league division around the Van area so plenty of people would go.

DSM5 said:

Fair enough, also Biscuits. Bozo possibly should have done better with the players he had.

HappilyManly said:
DSM5 said:

I would put Stanton above Bozo as a Coach too.

Stanton got Manly the Premierships in 1976, 1978 and really the 1978 GF was a double effort.
So to get the Team to pick themselves up to win that GF, is a Coaching masterclass in my book :angel:

Yep agree

DSM5 said:
Fulton was a better technical coach then Willey and Hasler was a student of the Great Immortal Fulton.

BOZO said:
DSM5 said:
Fulton was a better technical coach then Willey and Hasler was a student of the Great Immortal Fulton.
Bozo was a solid coach. But compare the resources and players he had at his disposal between 1983-1988 and 1993 - 1999 he should have won more than two premierships.

IMO Des has proven to be the better coach of the two.

globaleagle said:
DSM5 said:

Good to hear.

There's a whole league division around the Van area so plenty of people would go.

Gee,Id be in that.Nice in late April.Vancouver,then fly to Lexington for the Kentucky Derby :)

ayjay007 said:
globaleagle said:
DSM5 said:

Good to hear.

Gee,Id be in that.Nice in late April.Vancouver,then fly to Lexington for the Kentucky Derby :)

Well that's the 3 wise men needed. Vidmar...make it happen!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/new-seagulls-rugby-league-team-starts-chasing-peninsula-players/story-fngr8iii-1226785984082

New Seagulls rugby league team starts chasing peninsula players
JON GEDDES MANLY DAILY DECEMBER 18, 2013 4:31PM

THE proposed "super" Seagulls rugby league team has started chasing players on the northern beaches.

takes An information meeting for interested recruits will be held at Collaroy Services Club tomorrow night (Thursday).

The Peninsula Seagulls are set to enter next year's Sydney Shield in a bold move which would invigorate the code ­locally

"Players of A grade standard who would like to play in a better competition are welcome to attend," said Seagulls executive board member Steve Woodley.

"There will be more games and probably a more even competition than what has been in A grade for the past two years."

Already about 40 players have shown interest in being foundation members of the Seagulls club.

Woodley said the team is still looking for a major sponsor there has been a lot of interest from local businesses.

"If I had to put a percentage on it I would say we are 90 per cent there," Woodley said.

"We chose the name 'Peninsula' because we want to make it a northern beaches team rather than being focussed one suburb and the whole community can get behind it."

Tonight's meeting starts at 5.30pm and will be attended by NRL official Dave Norman to answer any questions the players may have

The Manly Juniors are far from an embarrassment it seems.:cool:

Sorry if I sound a bit dumb, but what is this all about. Who are these seagull folk, are they replacing some other clubs, or in competition with other clubs or setting up some new league.

More importantly how or will this affect us

MissKate said:
Sorry if I sound a bit dumb, but what is this all about. Who are these seagull folk, are they replacing some other clubs, or in competition with other clubs or setting up some new league.
A conglomerate of the local A Grade Juniors.

I posted it here as Bozo went off half cocked about our District being an embarrassment in the RL Juniors Competition.

In fact, they are very active and are expanding.

MissKate said:
More importantly how or will this affect us

Juniors hopefully feed into the NYC - NRL Teams, so the effect is a sustained Manly Sea Eagles Team loaded with Juniors, I hope :angel:

Sea Eagles hardman Terry Randall backs current Manly board
JON GEDDES
MANLY DAILY
DECEMBER 18, 2013 3:52PM

Former Sea Eagles hardman Terry Randall at work in his excavating business. Source: News Limited
TERRY Randall, one of the toughest players to ever pull on the Sea Eagles jumper, has sent an e mail to district football club members endorsing the current board at tomorrow night's election.

"I'm not big on emails and letters, but I want you to know I'm voting for and supporting the re-election of Cliff Lyons and the current Football Club Board," Randall said.

"They've done everything right by the Members and copped a lot of flak for it.

"When they've had to, they've stood up for themselves and us members.

He said Manly is a great club with a winning culture.

"As Geoff Toovey said the other day 'that spirit and culture is not something you can buy or snap your fingers and create'," Randall said.

"We need to stay that way and I trust Cliff Lyons and the members do their job on behalf of us members."

The incumbent board is being challenged by a group that includes former star players Ray Brown, Alan Thompson, Max Krilich and Warren Jowett.

"We are al about integrity, harmony and stability," former Kangaroo Brown said.

"We want to unite the boards and support junior rugby league.

"Not only are we passionate about the club but we have some real business acumen there."

Thompson said his group did not believe the board was acting on behalf of the members and seemed to be in conflict with the Sea eagles board and the leagues club.

"They don't seem to want to resolve those issues and it is time for change, " he said

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4