Brad Fittler's Idea

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eagle-rock08 said:
I suggest a "post-season" knockout competition for the 8 teams that didn't make the playoffs.

This could be run over three weeks in conjunction with the playoffs.

There would be 4 games in week one, 2 games in week two and the final game in week three.

These games could be played at suitable venues. Open it up for sponsorship and sell it to fox.

If this is then successful expand it to 16 teams so it will run over 4 weeks.

I would suggest PNG, Moari, Fiji, Country Rep team, Aboriginal Country, NSW Cup rep squad, and the reaminder could be pommie, french or toher rep [/u]teams.

Imagine playing 8 games in Sydney over two days. What an advertisement and experience that would be for the supporters and the league.

Just a thought.

I don't think the NRL would go down this path, for one main reason it would risk damaging the Finals. Unfortunately last year if this type of comp had existed, your average bogan NRL fan would have followed this comp instead of caring about us and NZ.

This is the worst idea Fitler has ever had, apart from that time Sean Garlick went out of town for the weekend.

mozgrame said:
This is the worst idea Fitler has ever had, apart from that time Sean Garlick went out of town for the weekend.
Wrong, it's the second worst idea he's ever had, the worst is thinking he could coach a first grade side from scratch.
If we are going to play all of these extra games, let's play a full home and away series, more money for everyone due to the extra games televised.

Peter C said:
mozgrame said:
Wrong, it's the second worst idea he's ever had, the worst is thinking he could coach a first grade side from scratch.
If we are going to play all of these extra games, let's play a full home and away series, more money for everyone due to the extra games televised.

Tbh I can see where his coming from the clubs play atleast 3 trials any way so why not make it worth there while with a last team standing comp.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7