Brad Parker the man!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
first major f up he has made, compare that to other youngsters to recently come through like Kelly and TT.

He is also playing on his non preferred side (played left centre in juniors) so passing left to right is not as normal.

Best defensive centre at the club right now, needs to be given a good half season plus in one position (preferably left centre) like Kelly to get a true read.

There’s a time to pin the ears back and a time with an unmarked winger, to pass the ball and score untouched.
If it was the difference between winning and losing, ppl would be far less forgiving.

Maxta, it is not an issue of one incident ... it will come as a shock ... but I have seen every legend since Fulton to Lyon make the "wrong" call according to the couch jockeys in hindsight ...

My comment stands ... any centre that didn't back himself in that situation would be a useless sack of Shiite ....

The way that particular play unfolded and with Brad literally running straight onto to Turbo"s great pass directly into a yawning gap , he took the best and instinctive option and easily made the try line. Just very unlucky to have the ball dislodged as 9 times out of ten in that type of situation, he would have scored , Probably would have been much more criticism if any intended pass or opportunity to Uate went awry in some way .

Maxta, it is not an issue of one incident ... it will come as a shock ... but I have seen every legend since Fulton to Lyon make the "wrong" call according to the couch jockeys in hindsight ...

My comment stands ... any centre that didn't back himself in that situation would be a useless sack of Shiite ....
Hey Woodsie - This jockey is coming down the outside....the ball comes to Lyon in a 2 on 1 situation, he digs in and commits the winger and passes to Wolfman to stroll over untouched.
He had a 60% chance to score himself, but takes the 100% option for the try.
The moral of the story - Some jockeys will say run, some will say pass....

Hey Woodsie - This jockey is coming down the outside....the ball comes to Lyon in a 2 on 1 situation, he digs in and commits the winger and passes to Wolfman to stroll over untouched.
The true moral of the story is .....
If hindsight were foresight
We would all be geniuses .
I agree with Woodsie on this on maxta .
We will agree to disagree feathered friend

The true moral of the story is .....
If hindsight were foresight
We would all be geniuses .
I agree with Woodsie on this on maxta .
We will agree to disagree feathered friend

Haha.
If it were Kelly who made the same play however.....

Haha.
Actually I'm warming a lot to Kelly this year, he has a great step and swerve, and invariably beats his opposing centre, sure he's no Addo- Carr in speed department, very few are, we just need some speed outside him.

• 👍
Reactions: R3

It is a matter of character .. not of option taking ... the centre that doesn't "go for it" will never last long enough to have a choice. ... because ...

He is as weak as pisss,and as much use as a sack of cold Shiite ...

Also there is an inherent risk in any pass ... so that option will never be 100%

Haha.
If Parker keeps dropping the ball and tests our patience he will also be dropped like Kelly was .
No one is spared feathered friend ;)

Inexperience from young Parker and id like to think he would pass if it happened all over again . And it will .
In 2 games that Parker has played in the NRL this Season he hasn't missed a tackle . Very sound defender and strong runner and can compete for the high ball . Dropped the ball over the try line was disappointing but after watching his overall play I think Parker will develop into a fine player .
We all have players that we believe will rise and Parker is one of mine .

My only concern with Parker is that I think he is a forward playing in the centres. He's a fine defender, no question. He's solid and does his job with a minimum of fuss. The lost ball in attack when a try was on offer, did not concern me at all. In fact I wish he would take the line on more often and stop running into defenders but look for the gaps. At present, he's a fine defender, catches the ball brilliantly, but there's not much attack there and I think he has some problems setting up his winger. These problems may be resolved, but Uate is half the winger he was with Walker inside him. Part of that is Uate's fault, but I think Parker needs to improve his attacking options.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12