Brad Parker the man!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Whats this latest photo Bozo - you been pumping weights with Kapow ??
Have always been in the health and fitness maxta . We all do things that gives us joy . Some people collect bottles of beer , some people collect cigarette packets , some people collect stamps , I collect muscles:p.
What do you do that makes you happy mate ?

crazy-collections-love-dolls.jpg

blow up doll collectors unite!

Yep his defence is the best we have and really works well with Cherry.

Parker can read the game better than most, truly a footballer rather than an athlete. He does a lot of little things, 1 percenters if you will well above his pay grade and experience. One example sticks in my mind chasing a late win against the panthers in 2016 saw TT come into the line so Parker drops back 20m to cover fullback just in case, until the ball started to come right and then he sprints back into position ready in time.

As said attack will improve when given a good run in the same position - if he had the chance Kelly has got then I think it would be Brian who.
I like Parker. He's a hard working player who does a lot of things right but he doesn't have the X factor that Tom T or Brian Kelly have. They can turn the game around with the skill that they have. Parker won't lose the game for you but he won't come up with those winning plays either.

I like Parker. He's a hard working player who does a lot of things right but he doesn't have the X factor that Tom T or Brian Kelly have. They can turn the game around with the skill that they have. Parker won't lose the game for you but he won't come up with those winning plays either.

What you say is relevant, however not all your players need to have X factor .... somebody just as often needs to have the smarts and skill to support the X factor's moves.

A team full of X factor players can end up looking like a manic mess disappearing up it's own arse.

How many games have you seen of Parker to say what Type of an attacking weapon he is ? Not having a go at you , I am just asking the question because you make out that Parker has no ex factor about him . The best is yet to come from Parker from what I have seen

Have always been in the health and fitness maxta . We all do things that gives us joy . Some people collect bottles of beer , some people collect cigarette packets , some people collect stamps , I collect muscles:p.
What do you do that makes you happy mate ?
Love my fitness also Bozo, must confess my diet is not great....still play some Oz Tag and touch footy and some over 35's footy - (ability is only 30% of the old days) but still enjoy it....Gym and sprint training also.....apart from that mate - sell houses and on the weekend from 1pm Saturday - the Party starts.....drinks, footy, friends, music and good times!
Just my take on Parker - He is a strong, fast centre with a good finishing ability....not the light stepping type, but has that old school footballer type ability ppl can appreciate, reliable in defence also and potentially an edge running backrower down the track....

Love my fitness also Bozo, must confess my diet is not great....still play some Oz Tag and touch footy (ability is only 30% of the old days) but still enjoy it....Gym and sprint training also.....apart from that mate - sell houses and on the weekend from 1pm Saturday - the Party starts.....drinks, footy, friends, music and good times!
Sounds like you have a well balanced life and any one that parties must be a happy chappy maxta . Sounds good to me mate .

What you say is relevant, however not all your players need to have X factor .... somebody just as often needs to have the smarts and skill to support the X factor's moves.

A team full of X factor players can end up looking like a manic mess disappearing up it's own arse.
Big names win Big games . There is nothing arsey about big game players feathered friend . The more quality players in a team the more destruction at the opposition
We will agree to disagree

That's a good point. Warriors had the same issue when all they needed was someone solid to let Johnson do his thing. Likewise with the Tigers who have now taken down 2 of the premiership favourites. My comment was just to point out that while Parker is great, I don't think he has the same upside as persisting with Kelly.

How many games have you seen of Parker to say what Type of an attacking weapon he is ? Not having a go at you , I am just asking the question because you make out that Parker has no ex factor about him . The best is yet to come from Parker from what I have seen
This is based on what I've seen from his U-20s days (admittedly, haven't seen much of) and from the few first grade games that he's played. Like you said before, he runs hard, tackles hard and is good under the high ball. But he doesn't have that extra factor to put doubt in the opposition before ripping them to shreds.

I do agree with Woodsie that sometimes you need a solid player to do their job around the brilliant ones but the point remains that Parker is a damn good player, just not one that can turn a game on its head.

This is based on what I've seen from his U-20s days (admittedly, haven't seen much of) and from the few first grade games that he's played. Like you said before, he runs hard, tackles hard and is good under the high ball. But he doesn't have that extra factor to put doubt in the opposition before ripping them to shreds.

I do agree with Woodsie that sometimes you need a solid player to do their job around the brilliant ones but the point remains that Parker is a damn good player, just not one that can turn a game on its head.
Thanks for your reply . We all see different things in a player and one of us could be right . Time will tell feathered friend

He always seems to have an absolute picnic against us too.
If he was signed with us we could start a nickname like ‘yogi bear’ for all the picnics he’d have in our backline. But I’m very content with Walks, Kelly and Parker.
Aitken is a ball of granite though..
He looks like a smaller, weaker Matt Cooper but he plays well above his weight and throws around players nearly double his size. He’s really stepped up this year like everyone has already mentioned.
I’d also say the same thing for Waqa Blake at Penrith. Waqa is so strong and SO fast. Matt Shirvington mentioned he can’t pick a flaw in his run/sprint technique.
I think Waqa Blake would be a major Smokey for the Blues this year but he wouldn’t let anyone down either. NSW seem to have some great depth this year in both the forwards and backs. I think we’re starting to show some too, so many players stepping up. I’d give Walker 1 week in Reggie’s, it’s such a long season I think we should reward form when we can..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11