Brenton Lawrence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For his first game in the Mighty Maroon and White he was sensational.
Big metres, heaps of tackles he was without doubt our best forward.
Welcome to Manly Brenton.

What a great debut from Lawrence. I loved the way he went over the advantage line the 1st 3 hitups. Just kept driving his legs and wouldn't go down.

Also like Fa'aoso. He hit hard and ran hard.

Justin Horo was also good. He played important parts in a couple of tries from memory with his decoy runs. Took some defence with him. Ran harder than t-rex as well. He'll be better for the game also.

I'm very happy with our forward recruitment. The so-called experts said we lost a lot of talent and had no depth. It's early days but i'd say we are stronger in depth than the last few years.

Well done by all the team.:D

I must say i thought we would struggle in the forward dept after 2011 but it seems we have picked up some great forwards.

DSM5 said:
King should be addressing the bench at the Downing centre. Time to hang up the boots. We have depth, and young depth to spare at long last. Good effort from all debs. Gower went ok for his first game. Dropped two balls but went forward and that's what I like in forwards. Kite was back to his best. Choc is a worry with his rib injury. Maybe he needs some rest.

Your poor wife, i assume you shoot quickly? You are obviously not a loyal man punting King so quickly. What happens if we lose one of Kite, Lawrence or Joe for a bit? Little depth then. Dumb call after one game.

He looks like he has been part of our Manly Family for years :angel:
How strong is his leg strength? Carried Players on his back all night!
Best of the newbies for mine.

Matai free to run now that he doesnt have to tackle for 2:angel:

Fangs to Wolfie too,awesome defence and a replay of last year's try :angel:

Happily, Manly made our opening night :heart:

Lawrence played the way a newbie should, his defence in the first couple of sets was fantastic and showed he was up to it and set the tone ( after the first 10 mins I knew we were up for it ) , defensively very tight and with the ball ran straight and hard to stop - there was a noticeable difference when he was subbed. A no sh!t straight up prop with something to prove.
Horo was into everything also - and when Sterlo mentioned he rated him and his disappointment at him leaving Parra, well that says a bit. His effort on Hodges for their first try was great even though he got the ball away.
Richie - I thought he tried a bit too hard early in defence to be the enforcer but then settled and showed he can be just that with some sensational tackles - even back to back.
Gower - need to see more to make a comment.

Kite - Best on ground ( forwards ). All this talk of letting him go is F$%kn ridiculous. There aint too many props with his game awareness and skill - eg grubber kick when nothing doing on last tackle for a repeat set and his support and pass for Wolfies try.

Kitey's grubber kick was a classic - the game he played reminds me of 2008 GF.
Lawrence was strong along with the rest of the pack.

Gower..........was rubbish, Typical Dragon IMO, got nothing. Should have let him go and kept Vic Mauro, especially if they were on similar contracts.

I think we should give Gower more of a chance before we make him the official whipping boy. He won't want to have many more bad games though as I think we have several players who can step in from NSW cup and do us proud.

Lawrence was outstanding. The guy just looks tough and has a massive frame. Great to see him lead from the front in his debut for us. He seriously looks like he wants to dish out real pain to the opposition.

Great games by Richie, Brenton and Horo. They looked really confident in how we play and will only get better. To think that Glenn and Kingy to come back certainly is going to make our 17 competitive.

The Eagle Has Landed said:

Second best, imo. BK was fantastic.

The Who said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:

Second best, imo. BK was fantastic.

Agreed, Kite had a huge game, he's the complete modern day prop. Lawrence was very good as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6