Brenton Lawrence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
manlyfan76 said:
Wasn't he born in Qld then moved to SA as father was military.

Correct.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenton_Lawrence :

Born 29 December 1984 (age 28)
Mackay, Queensland, Australia

Jethro said:
manlyfan76 said:
Wasn't he born in Qld then moved to SA as father was military.

Correct.

ah well, I had a go. It wont be the last time im wrong

Wasn't he former Australian Schoolboy rep back in 2002, who previously spent time with the Canberra Raiders but for the most of the past decade had been playing park rugby league for the Central Districts Roosters Rugby League Club in South Australia?

Correct.

Early career

A former Australian Schoolboy rep back in 2002, Brenton has previously spent time with the Canberra Raiders but for the most of the past decade had been playing park rugby league for the Central Districts Roosters Rugby League Club in South Australia.

BJ went to the Raiders after Central Districts. He made Australian School boys while at Centrals I think?

After the Raiders I think he played park footy in Canberra and won a player of the year award. I think at the same time he was player / coach.

From there it was Burleigh > Titans > Manly.

I think that's the line. No idea who he'd be eligible for in Origin.

some payers need a change of club, Horo and Lawrence are great examples of this. Symonds has been dogged by injuries throughout his career, he debuted 4 seasons ago but only played 27 matches in that time mostly due to those injuries so with the salary cap i can understand why they could not keep him.

All in all, good for us

Rex said:
Jethro said:
28 y.o. at birth? Now that's a tough labor.

LOL. It's funny how written things can be taken completely out of context. That was just a cut & paste from the Personal information section of his Wiki page.

Lawrence was one of several budget-priced forwards we've picked up because our scouts (bless 'em) figured they could do a job for us.

But this guy is actually a gun. If he keeps his current form up then the sky is the limit. Quickly has become one of my favourite players.

Talking to one of his best mates up here last night, and he said BJ rang him after the game, obviously not happy with the result but raved about the atmosphere at Brookie, and Choc's game..said the bloke is a machine!...and of course he is loving being a Manly boy!

Lawrence deserves his own banner.

I would make one up myself but already have committed to making one for GE*

* I am lazy couch surfer... no contract was signed...

@[globaleagle]

When I started following Manly many moons ago our front row stocks were filled with the likes of Bill Hamilton, John O'Neil, Norm Pounder ...

Little did I think the day would come when our starting front rowers were Brent and Brenton,. lol.

Come back in 20 years and you'll be yelling out "Smash him Oliver, hammer him Noah, knock his block off Ethan...."

Now there's some tough names destined for the front row of a NRL scrum

wombatgc said:
Talking to one of his best mates up here last night, and he said BJ rang him after the game, obviously not happy with the result but raved about the atmosphere at Brookie, and Choc's game..said the bloke is a machine!...and of course he is loving being a Manly boy!

Who is BJ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7