Brett Stewart - Origin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He would have to be in contention this year, but you would think that he wont be picked over hayne or morris.

MadMarcus said:
All I know is Wolfman and Nathan Merritt should be on the wings because they've been there and f***ed it up before, just like our most capped halfback Mitchell Pearce and the best ever captain from the bench Kurt Gidley.
Nah, Nathan isn't 'big' enough ha ha. Akila Uate is excellent a f***ing it up and he could use a bit of redemption. As long as he has practiced his bomb catching, then he can play right wing. Josh Morris Right centre, Mini at the back, Hayne Plane left wing, and Jennings left centre. Simpels.

Snake could probably use the $30k though, cause after his DUI, he's gonna be catching a lot more taxis.

I love how the knights are ****, but supply heaps if players to rep teams, making it simpler for us to hammer them.

Eagles2nv said:
He would have to be in contention this year, but you would think that he wont be picked over hayne or morris.

Ok answer me this though. Why wasn't he selected for country after dugan pulled out?

1. Daley has decied that Snake will be origin fullback
2. Daley has decided that snake is at best the 6th best fullback in NSW
3. Snake has made himself unavailable for rep duties.

Considering Hayne will be in the team somewhere, Dugan was named fullback for country but has been replaced by Mead. the city fullback is Moylan. Then you have Tedesco in there somewhere too. Does Snake not fit anywhere into this list higher than 6th?

Should have made it a poll. lol

bob dylan said:
There are 3 top quality fullbacks in the NRL these days, Inglis, Slagger and Brett.

I think your missing probably the best NSW SOO fullback who always kills it and is always NSW best onfield Jarred Hayne.
He will be NSW #1 and his form warrants it.
I don't think The Snake will be picked and I hope he doesn't for Manly's sake.
NSW will get towelled up again anyway.
QLD need to throw a series because we are all losing interest.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
NSW will get towelled up again anyway.
QLD need to throw a series because we are all losing interest.
I am sure they tried to tell that to the St George Club in 1962, but it just kept on going. Some kind of 'Tradition'. Imagine the YAWNING in the early sixties, and imagine the shock in the St George district when they finally lost.
11 in a Row. History Repeats Itself . . . :exclamation:

Hayne should be fullback. Even if everyone else is fit and firing. He is easily the form player of the comp right now.

NSW are actually pretty blessed at the moment except for in the halves. Which generally means another loss is on the way.

Stevo said:
Eagles2nv said:

Ok answer me this though. Why wasn't he selected for country after dugan pulled out?

Considering Hayne will be in the team somewhere, Dugan was named fullback for country but has been replaced by Mead. the city fullback is Moylan. Then you have Tedesco in there somewhere too. Does Snake not fit anywhere into this list higher than 6th?

I don't think Snake or Minichello were named for City/Country because Daley knows what they are capable of. They've performed well when in Origin teams in the past & Dugan is still unproven in big games, hence why he was originally selected. Pulling out of this game has cost him a spot in Game 1 I believe.
None of the 3 above will be there in Game 1. The backline Daley chooses will be similar to this -
1. Hayne
2. B Morris
3. Jennings
4. J Morris
5. Taufua
6. Mullen / Sutton
7. Pearce

Sutton is no hope, he's not having his best year.
Chooks winger Tupou might beat Jorge to the left wing. He's not merely a leaper, as he showed with a long range effort recently.

I agree Hayne would be top pick for fullback. He always does well at Origin (though Brett would get it if he could ever get a solid uninterrupted run of matches under his belt).

EagleRock40 said:
Stevo said:
Eagles2nv said:

I don't think Snake or Minichello were named for City/Country because Daley knows what they are capable of. They've performed well when in Origin teams in the past & Dugan is still unproven in big games, hence why he was originally selected. Pulling out of this game has cost him a spot in Game 1 I believe.
None of the 3 above will be there in Game 1. The backline Daley chooses will be similar to this -
1. Hayne
2. B Morris
3. Jennings
4. J Morris
5. Taufua
6. Mullen / Sutton
7. Pearce

I agree with your backline, but with the scumdogs first on the ladder you would have to consider josh reynolds at no.6. Unless daley is thinking of playing him at no.9.

Im not his biggest fan, but he is playing well enough this year for the no.6.

I also wonder what is happening to Adam renoylds (wait, he plays for souffs, so that answers that :) ), he would have been a sure thing at no.6 if his form hadnt dropped this year.

Reynolds is too small and has no passing game.
Reynolds on the other hand, has the mongrel to play SOO :D

Mini and Tupou ahould be picked to weaken the Rorters further :p

Adam Reynolds is only in the Souffs team because of his goal kicking, which is excellent. He is certainly no up to SOO standard in all other aspects.
Josh Reynolds would be capable, and will probably be used in the 17 as a utility.
The 5/8th I'd go for is Sezer, although he pulled out of city-country through injury. Not only is he a good player he is a goal kicker.
The other option is Bird as both a 5/8 and goalkicker.
I don't rate Sutton, especially in big matches

Just heard on the way home that Hayne is injured may be out for 3 weeks - shock jock news so who knows.

I may be wrong but after playing for PNG in last years World Cup, how does David Mead qualify for both Country and NSW this year?

As much as I think he deserves to be there, like most of us I would be very reluctant to play Snake in Origin. Yes he seems to be over his injuries right now, but if he is ever going to get injured again I'd rather it be while giving his all for Manly and not in a game we aren't even playing.

MWSE said:
Hayne should be fullback. Even if everyone else is fit and firing. He is easily the form player of the comp right now.

NSW are actually pretty blessed at the moment except for in the halves. Which generally means another loss is on the way.

Really, Hayne the form fullback? Doesn't snake have the highest stats for try assists, with only a hand full of games? Snake is miles ahead of all the other full backs. I hope he doesn't play though.

Snake's try assists work in part, cause he' s got a combination, and an understanding with his manly backline colleagues. SOO is lot more ad- hoc, unplanned, less game plan & more grunt. The Blues do not really 'blend', the personnel keeps changing anyway. Both in attack & defence Snake's best game does not suit the SOO style of thing. However under the pressure of bombs, Snake is rock solid, but needs someone else to bring the ball back, such as J Hayne, or J Taufua.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4