Brett Stewart, speed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
Makes a massive difference to this team when he is fit and firing. Dare say he's the difference between a great team and an immortal team. Premiership no. 3 will make this group immortals. All we need is the injury gods to be kind once Choc and Gift are back.
And the GF not Checcin OR Hayne.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
mickqld said:
Makes a massive difference to this team when he is fit and firing. Dare say he's the difference between a great team and an immortal team. Premiership no. 3 will make this group immortals. All we need is the injury gods to be kind once Choc and Gift are back.
And the GF not Checcin OR Hayne.

If we are playing the dogs then Greenturd wil have them both doing the GF.

Mom performance tonight. Think tonight showed though that he has lost his blinding speed. Mitchell pierce did outrun him. Even though he made that great break. After saying all that it doesn't matter. I'd take Brett now than earlier he's soo much smarter. That play where he kicked off dummy half was amazing as well as his try.

It seems his acceleration is still pretty quick but he is nowhere near as fast as he used to be.

Like I've been saying for years, he's that good a player he has improved in all other areas of his game so he doesn't need to rely on his speed. Ever since I can remember watching Rugby League, I havn't seen a better fullback.

Brett Stewart is God.

Yep pace is not Jennings/Johnson blistering quick. But still quick and quick enough to cause headaches.

But the big thing is his hands and linking with the halves and outside backs. That no look pass to Skivvy, just wonderful to watch.

Its a tragedy he had all those issues with his knees because he he stayed fit for his whole career he would be regarded as the best fullback by far. I still rate him above the "so called" best fullbacks.

No - God is still Cliffy.
After his Legends game he walked past in the Jane Try stand and we all cheered - he smiled - all is right in the World :angel:

And there are people who post on here that genuinely think he's a liability. Even if he only played 10 games a year he'd still be worth what he's on.

Behead those who insult the snake.

I saw all of Graham Eadie's career. Wonderful, fantastic fullback

Brett Stewart is better. It's not even close ANYMORE.

HappilyManly said:
No - God is still Cliffy.
After his Legends game he walked past in the Jane Try stand and we all cheered - he smiled - all is right in the World :angel:

Nice one HM :)

damiennp90 said:
Mom performance tonight. Think tonight showed though that he has lost his blinding speed. Mitchell pierce did outrun him. Even though he made that great break. After saying all that it doesn't matter. I'd take Brett now than earlier he's soo much smarter. That play where he kicked off dummy half was amazing as well as his try.

Three things;

Pearce is no slouch. He ran away from Brett Morris in a match against St George in 2012.

Don't underestimate how much easier it was for Pearce who RAN ONTO the ball at the speed, whilst Snake was running backwards and had to "go again". To an extent Stewart had him, but missed the tackle.

Snake would have rounded Pearce up in the first half, but late in a match after all the work that Stewart had done compared to Pearce, leaves him very low on gas. The whole thing was circumstantial to say the very least.

I agree with @Snake In chasing Pearce, Brett had to prop and then take off again. Another 5 meters and Brett would have got him. He had to dive earlier than we would have liked as the try line was looming.

Then was no better illustration of Snakes speed and defence than in his rounding up of Tuivasa-Sheck.
We were under the big screen and had the perfect view of this.
When Roger pinned his ears back after making the break to try and get around Brett, you could literally see Brett just go to another gear.
It was magical to watch. Brett was like, "you are kidding yourself buddy". Then "KAPOW". Smashed him. Beautiful stuff.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2