Brett Stewart talks about his special try against Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
voicefromthehill said:
Shoe1 said:
True, but a fullback loves out jumping another fullback! I remember he took one off Robbie odavis once too, sweet

I can't remember that one - but I still rate this his best, or most memorable. Sorry can't find one with sound to it

That's ok, I have my laptop's sound on mute anyway!

IIRC, some people (tiger's fans?) were saying it should have been a no try as you can't deliberately hit the ball forward and regather, etc something something

Good try though!

bob dylan said:
Is this the one where he was offside?

Bob when I saw it as it unfolded I mentioned to those watching it with me that it will be a "no try" as he appeared to be well offside. However, when I looked at the replay I realised the camera angles weren't helping and that it was line ball at best.

Happy to take it.

Happy to take it too.

But if it was scored against us at such a crucial time in the match the "pretties' here would be blowing up.

Frank said:
bob dylan said:
Is this the one where he was offside?

Bob when I saw it as it unfolded I mentioned to those watching it with me that it will be a "no try" as he appeared to be well offside. However, when I looked at the replay I realised the camera angles weren't helping and that it was line ball at best.

Happy to take it.

Ever since slater scored the "double chip" try in origin after being well offside at Lockyer's 1st chip, the pinkies have let many of these go, especially if they are "spectacular".

Fluffy said:
RiverEagle said:
Yeah they were both pretty special.

Degree of difficulty with that second one - stealing the bomb off Foz on the fly - was a bit better for mine.

But both great and at important times.

And, he praises the forwards too (@Fluffy) !

Unlike most posters on here who only like to blame the forwards.

I can only guess who has more experience playing in an NRL side and who might know more

Agreed Fluffy.

I just wish you'd see and realize how much I have defended and praised our forwards all year.

Shoe1 said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
Brett's made a mistake. The first try was the more special try. A kick through, a 2 nd kick through, and race to the ball and the beautiful control to get the downward pressure travelling at speed - to break the spirit of the Dogs early in the 2 nd half. This made any Dogs ccomeback an irrelevancy.

For mine, one of the best tries Snake has scored in 2 years.

True, but a fullback loves out jumping another fullback! I remember he took one off Robbie odavis once too, sweet

SeaEagleRock8 said:
"This time he was the beneficiary of a Kieran Foran bomb and grounded the ball with centimetres to spare at a time when the game was still in the balance"

I thought that was his first try?

Inaccurate commentators are annoying. In the last week I've heard many saying that when Hoppa previously played Origin it was as a winger. I'm pretty sure he was picked as a left centre in that match. (Or is it just my memory?)

Excellent I thought you were right!

I think the snatch off Robbie O was in this game but can't find footage. It was under the posts at the southern end of Brookie.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/scorers/games/2004/200408151314.html

Wonderful!

How special is Snake really?!

Thanks for that @HappilyManly

Now, what's the name of the song and band accompanying the highlights please smarty-pants?

I like that a lot too.

Thanks again HM.

Never heard of Carolina Liar before, but they remind of Snow Patrol and the Bodeans...both of whom I like. So I'm going to check out their mix later!

Will also look at your other Snake compilation too.

Surely Brett can never play in other colours.

But I think the same about Glenn, cant wait for his return. He is our X factor.

It will take Glenn many weeks to regain NRL standard form. He will just be hitting his straps around finals time. But he will though _ nothing is more certain - barring further injury.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4