Brett Stewart to Dragons, a done deal!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheikheagle said:
This morning on Grill team Both stewarts going to the dragons as a package deal. Allowing us to keep everyone else. If its true a sad day as both are all time favourites however it seems to be the most logical outcome.

Didn't the grill team say yesterday that DCE was as good as gone to souffs? MG and Matt are nuffies and really have no idea what's going on outside Penrith or Newcastle respectively.

firechild said:
Sheikheagle said:
This morning on Grill team Both stewarts going to the dragons as a package deal. Allowing us to keep everyone else. If its true a sad day as both are all time favourites however it seems to be the most logical outcome.

Didn't the grill team say yesterday that DCE was as good as gone to souffs? MG and Matt are nuffies and really have no idea what's going on outside Penrith or Newcastle respectively.

Johns said this morning that both Stewarts will be Dragons next year

Berkeley_Eagle said:
firechild said:
Sheikheagle said:

Johns said this morning that both Stewarts will be Dragons next year

And last night the footy show said the dragons werent interested in Brett now because of his asking price and length of contract. They are now apparently attempting to sign Beale from the Broncos to fill their #1 jersey for 2013.

FFS it was some random listener calling in and they make that an exclusive. Johns is a speculator

Nothing Matty Johns has come to fruition that I can remember. He said we would lose up to 6 players to the Dogs. Still waiting for that to happen.

Looks like Brett won't be going to the Dragons. I would presume that he will field offers from the UK and the Dogs. Best case scenario will be that he signs with manly to a 1 year contract and see how much he can get when the new TV deal is released.

Best case scenario is he stays with Manly. Second best is that he signs elsewhere for a huge fee which takes a big chunk of a rival's salary cap.

Essentially while very sad, losing the stewies is probably the most logical step. I hope it is done with style and they both receive the fitting send off they deserve for the effort over the years

What Manly should consider though is if this is in fact a smokescreen. I believe they should release glen with good intentions however stipulate that if his release is to the dogs they impose a generous release fee for Glen

Greenturd often has this stipulation on players and it would be a nice twist. If the dogs are trying to play a game in this release, play along. It wouldn't stop the stewies from playing for any other club, as is being proposed

This also makes me wonder. Remember how pissed Des was years ago when it was reported on the official Manly forum that he was seen trying to sign Kitey. He wanted it closed and finally got his wish some years later

Has Des always used the back door and stealth tactics

I hope both go to ESL rather than another NRL club, if they go at all. That seems the way that Manly players go. It always says something about our club when that happens.

If Brett signs with The Dragons, and Glenn wants to join him, that's fine, but it costs them Kyle Stanley and some cash.

If Brett signs with The Bulldogs, and Glenn wants to join him, that's fine, but it costs them Ben Barba and plenty of cash.

I heard on ABC24 that part of Daly's third party money is coming from another Manly player, wouldn't shock me if it was from Brett and he will be going to the Dragons. It would be a shame if he did but with the players we have it's hard to keep them all under the cap.

Cambo said:
If anyone on here who has been saying lets get rid of this player or that player has the audacity to bag Brett I think I will fu**en lose it.

If true its a sad day for the club but we as fans need to be greatful for 9 years enjoyment the prince of brookie has given us I hope he stays fit and has 4 amazing seasons at his new club.

+ 1
Well said. And has it really been 9 years? Whatever happens he is a sea eagles immortal and always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8