BRETT STEWART TO SIGN WITH DRAGONS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh no, half the posters here have already decided he is a disloyal mercenary, and now we might be stuck with him. What a disaster :huh:

I never said he was disloyal,i simply said he should do a Minnichello due to the support the club has given him whilst injured/suspended/other

2 years and what 2/4 games in 09 and 78 minutes in 2010,he owes the club because we believe his soul is clean

COME ON!!!

bones said:
Andrew Webster was on the BSB this morning saying he has heard the rumours but he doesn't think anything has been done yet. He said in all honesty he can't see Brett leaving Glenn. He also said Glenn is contracted til the end of 2014, not 2013. I always thought it was 2014, but others are saying 2013. Does anyone know for certain which is right?

Almost certain 2014

Today match shows where our future is dce, foz and what about trex. Snake can ask for 600 but only a warrington, wigan or catalans dragons will pay this.

winnyason said:
Today match shows where our future is dce, foz and what about trex. Snake can ask for 600 but only a warrington, wigan or catalans dragons will pay this.

You can throw Jamie Buhrer in there too. Gee he is good when he comes on.

Players play the game to win. Just look at what Manly have been doing for the last 5 years.Brett is going nowhere he will stay with the winners. Toovey is the new guru of coaches he knows what it takes to win and the players know it.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Oh no, half the posters here have already decided he is a disloyal mercenary, and now we might be stuck with him. What a disaster :huh:
not a mercenary when all your off field income has dried up thanks to the bastards in the media.
BRETT HAS TO TAKE THE HIGHEST OFFER. It will be his last big payday as a player. Showing loyalty to the club and fans isn't going to pay his bills when he retires.
If he stays I will be stoked but the bloke has given us 9 yeas of enjoyment I want him to do what's right for him.

winnyason said:
Hearing we need to shave 500 k off cap under new 5 million so guessing matai and lussick going for sure.

Matai? Haven't heard anything about Matai wanting out. Have I missed something

Pretty sure that Matai is under contract for another two years?

Though if we HAD to release some players that were on decent coin I wouldn't be opposed to letting him go (assuming we could find someone to pick up his contract) purely because we have Whare behind him.

Here the article boys http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/like-father-like-sun-storm-over-for-matai-20120302-1u8bv.html
He seems the choice to go 350k at moment a great player but...we cannot keep them all

bones said:
I'm sure Zorba will be smiling on hearing this news too. He would have been in Barry Stewarts ear on their rebel WCC tour. Zorba will see this as getting one over Dave Perry. Zorba is filth.

Each action Zorba has taken of late seems to support Bones' view.

I was absolutely disgusted when Zorba published heavy criticism of Toov's decision to not play lead up games to the WCC in the same way that Hasler had.

Smelt of white-anting a coach pretty much before he had even started. He would never have written such an article about Hasler. Who's team is Zorba on?

Cambo I had to delete your post. You know the boundaries mate!

The Knights have signed Beau Scott. Seemed to happen pretty quick or without much fight from the Dragons which means they might be clearing the decks as well.

I think its fair to say its more than just rumours about Snake and the Dragons. They are going to offer him more than what we can, but lets hope he still stays anyway.

I think last night proves we need to do whatever when can to keep the halves, if it meant letting both Stewart's go and keeping Matai and the halves I don't think that would be the end of the world, JB needs more game time and would make a very decent lock, I'd like to see us make Anthony Minichiello a 2yr offer I think he'd stay in a Australia for less money and the chance to win a title.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2