Brett Stewart to wing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm one who thinks Turbo's idea is a good one. Stewart has played wing, albeit out of necessity because of his uncertain hammies. But I recall him scoring a try in that position. Thing is he and Turbo could operate in an interchangeable manner at the back. And if Snake still has some of his speed, he could handle wing well especially as shock value coming in closer to the action to work off DCE or Turbo breaks. A roving commission. I always thought Stewart would have made an excellent winger. All depends on those injuries and his speed.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
It all depends on how he pulls up from surgery and after a full pre-season. This year there was no speed, no urgency and was there just to make up the numbers which for us fans was hard to watch.

Wingers these days have to be explosive and willing to put their bodies on the line to find the tryline. I don't see it in him based on this season. But if he is with us next season and has some sort of drive then sure why not, similar to RTS and Mini a couple of seasons back.

if he recovers and has his speed and old manly attitude then he should be fullback and Turbo should be centre .... TT has pretty good one on one defense but as yet doesn't organize the defense from the back as a good fullback should ... but he is learning .... just my 2 bobs worth ( Turbo a bob is a shilling)

Wingers are critical to making ground from kick returns or when camped down in your 20m zone, while forwards are getting set. I think we all know that kick returns and strong runs out of dummy half in our own territory aren't Snake's strong points.

Snake is and always will only be a fullback.

I think snake could make a real decent go of it on the wing but this would push Parker out of the side and he needs to start on one wing next year. He is only going to get better and after 3 games shows great vision a good bomb catching ability and plenty of speed.

Wingers are critical to making ground from kick returns or when camped down in your 20m zone, while forwards are getting set. I think we all know that kick returns and strong runs out of dummy half in our own territory aren't Snake's strong points.

Snake is and always will only be a fullback.
If kick returns and dummy half runs are your real concern, then maybe think outside the square.

There's nothing in the rule book that says fullbacks and wingers can't swap positions during play.

It all depends on how he pulls up from surgery and after a full pre-season. This year there was no speed, no urgency and was there just to make up the numbers which for us fans was hard to watch.

Wingers these days have to be explosive and willing to put their bodies on the line to find the tryline. I don't see it in him based on this season. But if he is with us next season and has some sort of drive then sure why not, similar to RTS and Mini a couple of seasons back.
Couldn't agree more. If Snake comes back from surgery and can physically handle the demands of the game, I would put him straight into the 1 jersey for his last year. However, that is a MASSIVE if. He body has been shot for years now. Rumour is that he has barely trained with the team because his body isn't up to it. So, I don't see it happening (him recovering) to the point where he can pin the ears back (circa '05-'09) and play anywhere in the side. I don't think his attidude was the issue last year, I think he knew that if he pushed too hard his hammie or knee would blow out. Such a shame. IMO he would have been the best 1 of his era if injuries didn't curse him.

if he recovers and has his speed and old manly attitude then he should be fullback and Turbo should be centre .... TT has pretty good one on one defense but as yet doesn't organize the defense from the back as a good fullback should ... but he is learning .... just my 2 bobs worth ( Turbo a bob is a shilling)
5p in new money. Was worth more in the old d.

I think manly are only a player or 2 away from making snakes mind uo for him if they havnt already. If steve matai does go on next year and uate is signed manly wont have a spot for stewart in 2017. He will be in reggies until someone is injured and i cant see him going on with that.

Maybe manly being linked to so many players is a bid to force his hand. George and uate if signed will be wing, matai and walker will be centres, green and cherry will be the halves, leaving turbo at fullback.

With parker, wright, williame , brown, api, cullen , as back up i doubt stewart will Get the call

He will have seen what happened with mateo and burgess this year and know how it plays out. Sooner or later but it will come

I think we have seen the last of snake. At this point he will be making it well known he intends to play on next year but that is a finance call, ensuring everyone knows he wants what he is entitled to. Its a process , by both sides and both are playing it out.

just let him go,he's f*cked,pay him out or put him on a burnt out pension but just let him go,we don't need any turnstyles out the back:rolleyes:

If Snake is as buggered as we think he is .. even with a long pre season .. Catalans is not going to pay much (if anything for him). We have to pay him for 2017. So maybe he is considered for 5 to 10 games next year. The other option is to pay him to sit on the bench. I have counted that we used 12 (at least) different players to cover the 5 back line positions this year. So to have a player of his stature player a 1/3 of a season is not a complete loss.

If kick returns and dummy half runs are your real concern, then maybe think outside the square.

There's nothing in the rule book that says fullbacks and wingers can't swap positions during play.

Not yet but if we do that successfully then you can bet Toddy will be changing the rules mid season to stop it

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6