Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Snakes attitude towards this interview has be exactly the same on field , for him to say I don't know how to fix it speaks volumes..... He is a senior player on good coin, now more then ever he needs to stand up and drive this side along with the rest of the senior playing group.... If not , if he's not happy he should go elsewhere so he can be.
its not for snake to know the answers - that's what the coach is for. He imparts the knowledge & the players do or die.

Snake has no idea how to rebuild the culture and he is a senior player that's a worry.

Got beaver on fox saying they need some more passion wtf is going on?

As a senior player he should be involved in setting the culture and passing it on 2 the young players coming through.

I felt for 2v on NRL360 when he said that a Player can reneg a contract by saying 'I'll deliberately play badly if you don't release me' @:cry:

He was obviously refering to Choc and you could see how hurt he still feels about that :(

Chez is gone along with Foran - Snake is staying so let him rebuild Manly.
Choc didn't have to threaten to play badly in order to get released, he was playing badly without trying to play badly, perhaps Foran was working towards that as well.

I felt for 2v on NRL360 when he said that a Player can reneg a contract by saying 'I'll deliberately play badly if you don't release me' @:cry:

He was obviously refering to Choc and you could see how hurt he still feels about that :(

Chez is gone along with Foran - Snake is staying so let him rebuild Manly.

If he was talking about Choc he should have named and shamed him.

its not for snake to know the answers - that's what the coach is for. He imparts the knowledge & the players do or die.
Well Snake is part of the Leadership Group, so NFI is not an acceptable response.
Plus he and not 2v is out on the field when the other Players are looking for direction. @:cool:

Snake was then asked about the diminishing culture at the club and how to fix it, to which Snake replied "I don't really know the answer".

Hmm that answer is a slight worry........!!

Hey what about this as an answer???........"The culture is not diminishing, it is still here. We just have many injuries at the moment and are going through some major changes. We are Manly and we do not lay down, we will be back."

Or

"Manly is strong and I along with every single person in our team will not ever give up, we will make it happen."

I could actually think of many things a senior player might want to say in front of a camera to show commitment, focus and give off a united/strong image. A bit disappointing to hear of this pretty pathetic attitude from Snake.....!
I agree with your sentiment. It would be uplifting to hear one of our senior boys speak like this.
I'm not going to join in the Snake hate that's been going on here lately. Our fans seem to be like the team are reported to be. There's the DCE camp and the Snake crew. It's weird for me as I'm in both.
If I was a player who'd busted his gut for our team and read some of the criticism and negativity on this forum I might want to leave Manly too. Many of us are not being loyal to our players at all during this tough time but we expect them to be.

I think there is no DCE and we are in a world of pain.
Currently
If he was talking about Choc he should have named and shamed him.
The club is thankfully above that. Choc ranted and carried on and looked like a fool. Tooves never stooped to his level so no matter what happens, he kept his dignity at least in regards to our dealings with that fool.

Well Snake is part of the Leadership Group, so NFI is not an acceptable response.
Plus he and not 2v is out on the field when the other Players are looking for direction. @:cool:
Thats what you have the little bloke with the water bottle running around on the field is for.
Do you think he's delivering water? Toovey was good at it - perhaps he will be again.

Niccipops the difference is that the Players are professionals and are paid as first graders - we fans are loyal to our Club and pay our monies in contribution to the Club @:cool:

Niccipops the difference is that the Players are professionals and are paid as first graders - we fans are loyal to our Club and pay our monies in contribution to the Club @:cool:
The fans are also loyal for a lifetime and generations, not just a contracted term of a few years.

Thats what you have the little bloke with the water bottle running around on the field is for.
Do you think he's delivering water? Toovey was good at it - perhaps he will be again.
Rificulous, JT leads his Team out of a deficit, its not the Cows water boy
Same with Smith, Cronk, Pearce...

Manly lacks a dominant senior Player who yells at his Team when they drop their heads@:mad:

I agree with your sentiment. It would be uplifting to hear one of our senior boys speak like this.
I'm not going to join in the Snake hate that's been going on here lately. Our fans seem to be like the team are reported to be. There's the DCE camp and the Snake crew. It's weird for me as I'm in both.
If I was a player who'd busted his gut for our team and read some of the criticism and negativity on this forum I might want to leave Manly too. Many of us are not being loyal to our players at all during this tough time but we expect them to be.
Between the two halves I originally wanted Foran to stay because I thought DCE came across as being a bit precious...funny how things change because I feel totally the opposite about both of them now.

[QU
Of the remaining crew I might be among few but I really don't believe that any players deliberately under perform
I found this astounding...
Toovey on NRL360 about what contracts mean:

"What about (a contracted player) comes to the club and says, 'Look I want out of the club otherwise I won't perform well"

Must be my naivety to be surprised this could actually happen, but I can't imagine Toovey plucking this hypothetical out of thin air for no reason, it must have happened (or be happening) at Manly. Hopefully it was just a reference to Watmough but it is a rather damning allegation. Watmough however did continue to play hard all year despite that arm injury, so hopefully it was just an empty threat said in the heat of the moment.

Yep I understand. Like all fans I'm frustrated by the past 8 months but I don't like hating on the players. I'd prefer to like them. Choc made his own choices very publicly though. He's not on my Christmas card list.
I'm just hanging out in the bush about 1200+k away from Brookvale and I want my team to win another Grand Final 40-nil.

[QU

I found this astounding...
Toovey on NRL360 about what contracts mean:

"What about (a contracted player) comes to the club and says, 'Look I want out of the club otherwise I won't perform well"

Must be my naivety to be surprised this could actually happen, but I can't imagine Toovey plucking this hypothetical out of thin air for no reason, it must have happened (or be happening) at Manly. Hopefully it was just a reference to Watmough but it is a rather damning allegation. Watmough however did continue to play hard all year despite that arm injury, so hopefully it was just an empty threat said in the heat of the moment.
I heard a murmur it may be someone different.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2