Bring back Matai and Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Tom defends fine, he defends like Darius Boyd in the line. Nothing wrong with that. Hes big enough to play in the line and hes been saving a lot of those barge over tries that would normally get through. No fullback in the game could have stopped what Cronk and Smith produced. Im fine with Toms defence stop raving on about how bad it is because its completely fine and natural for a fullback to defend in the line and thats how it should stay.

Tom defends fine, he defends like Darius Boyd in the line. Nothing wrong with that. Hes big enough to play in the line and hes been saving a lot of those barge over tries that would normally get through. No fullback in the game could have stopped what Cronk and Smith produced. Im fine with Toms defence stop raving on about how bad it is because its completely fine and natural for a fullback to defend in the line and thats how it should stay.

**** off. I'm not raving

He is out of position enough times to warrant comment and yes we can all see his defense in the line on which we are now all experts because there was a video explanation of it a few weeks ago.

I guess letting bombs hit the ground is totally awesome as well.

In fact the bunker awarded a try despite tom's awesome no one can get a barge over try through me.
Plus if he is wrapping up a player...then he isn't out of position then is he.

I guess snake could teach him nothing then (which was my original point) and maybe tom should learn all his defensive skills on EA sports rugby league 2017 as it seems some on here have.

**** off. I'm not raving

He is out of position enough times to warrant comment and yes we can all see his defense in the line on which we are now all experts because there was a video explanation of it a few weeks ago.

I guess letting bombs hit the ground is totally awesome as well.

In fact the bunker awarded a try despite tom's awesome no one can get a barge over try through me.
Plus if he is wrapping up a player...then he isn't out of position then is he.

I guess snake could teach him nothing then (which was my original point) and maybe tom should learn all his defensive skills on EA sports rugby league 2017 as it seems some on here have.
Mate youve got to calm down, Toms doing fine for his age. Tedesco was alot worse than Tom is at his current age and now Tedesco is doing fine. You blokes worry to much, we get flogged and now everyone is too blame or they aren't playing well enough. Snake could maybe teach Tom how to show no passion and a poor attitude like he did in his final season maybe? Stop comparing Tom to Snake, not the same type of players and never will be.

Does anyone have any information as to what Matai and Snake are up to? There has been no news and it would of been great to see them with this playing group. Even to guide the young ones with the experience they have. It is like they have nothing to do with the club. Such a shame as they have been great for us.

Mate youve got to calm down, Toms doing fine for his age. Tedesco was alot worse than Tom is at his current age and now Tedesco is doing fine. You blokes worry to much, we get flogged and now everyone is too blame or they aren't playing well enough. Snake could maybe teach Tom how to show no passion and a poor attitude like he did in his final season maybe? Stop comparing Tom to Snake, not the same type of players and never will be.

Show me where I've compared tom to snake. Show me where , after the loss I have posted many times about blame or the team aren't playing well enough.

My post was (again for the comprehensively impaired) that it is a shame that snake isn't around to teach tom some things.

If you think tom can't learn anything from arguably one of the leagues best fullbacks then you are seriously deluded.

If you can't show me adequate evidence of the things I've asked (and that you accused me of) then kindly retract your incorrect post.

"no wai itz the internetz must agruez even when wrongszzzz"

As fans, we need to face it that their careers are over. The team had done so well to overcome this serious handicap and I think that the platform for future success is being established right now. It is obvious that we need to improve our depth as we are really stretched at the moment and there are not many options to choose from for replacements. Barrett and the selectors are in a dilemma. There are players who most certainly are carrying injuries and it's affecting their performances. We need a fit 17 on the paddock this weekend otherwise we are no chance. It boils down to 2 wins should get us in, 3 for sure. If we make the finals it really will be a monumental achievement and a huge middle finger to the NRL who have been as useless as tits on a bull in giving us help over Snake and Skivvy.

I hope they respond mate because my mates are killing me at work, and im not responding to that very well.
Just say yep, we played really bad and the opposition were so good,it works with the dumb arse ;)queeeeenslaaaanders at SOO

I hope they respond mate because my mates are killing me at work, and im not responding to that very well.
Just say, 'Too good!' and smile.
We suffer on the inside but don't give them the satisfaction of seeing our pain.

Nah i cant , i tell them the flu went through the camp or 4 of our players had no sleep ( up all night with the kids ) or the team mascot took ill and its affected the team . Gee im running out of excuses.

Cronk commentated the Manly Dragons game, and made numerous comments about Toms positioning and how that could be exploited

Surely that was a good enough tip that would have gotten to our coaching staff about what we should have been expecting there, but nothing changed and Tom got exploited big time

Show me where I've compared tom to snake. Show me where , after the loss I have posted many times about blame or the team aren't playing well enough.

My post was (again for the comprehensively impaired) that it is a shame that snake isn't around to teach tom some things.

If you think tom can't learn anything from arguably one of the leagues best fullbacks then you are seriously deluded.

If you can't show me adequate evidence of the things I've asked (and that you accused me of) then kindly retract your incorrect post.

"no wai itz the internetz must agruez even when wrongszzzz"
And you are ignoring the fact that Stewart had a sook because he found out rugby league was a business and his brother had to go. If Snake teaches Tom to have a sook and give nothing to the club for his final 3 years Tom will not improve.

And you are ignoring the fact that Stewart had a sook because he found out rugby league was a business and his brother had to go. If Snake teaches Tom to have a sook and give nothing to the club for his final 3 years Tom will not improve.

Give nothing to the club for his final 3 years ? What a joke of a comment. Sick of hearing about how he couldn't give a stuff on the park last season. His form was a mile down, because his knees were ****ed and have been for an extremely long time, to the point where it retired him. Its amazing he got to the point in his career that he did because from 2011 on any knee injury would have been a career ender

You love Tom and I can see why, potentially could be anything, but stop denegrating a guy who is in the discussion as being the best fullback the club has had. If Tom can get to half of Brett's level over the next few seasons we will be extremely lucky

Last edited:

The only thing I'm ignoring is your attempt to sway your argument away from what I stated. You are wrong and adding new points to argue doesn't absolve you of your inaccuracies.

You call Snake a sook and yet aren't man enough to admit when you are wrong, you can't find any posts to confirm what you accused me of, and resort to troll ratings in today's biggest forum tanty.

Seems hypocritical but as been pointed out in another thread, it's not the first time.

Give nothing to the club for his final 3 years ? What a joke of a comment. Sick of hearing about how he couldn't give a stuff on the park last season. His form was a mile down, because his knees were ****ed and have been for an extremely long time, to the point where it retired him. Its amazing he got to the point in his career that he did because from 2011 on any knee injury would have been a career ender

You love Tom and I can see why, potentially could be anything, but stop denegrating a guy who is in the discussion as being the best fullback the club has had. If Tom can get to half of Brett's level over the next few seasons we will be extremely lucky
In my eyes Snake was the greatest ball playing fullback of all time, one of the greatest overall yet his last couple of years at the club were poor, he showed no passion refused to play on DCEs edge, he didnt put the club first.

The only thing I'm ignoring is your attempt to sway your argument away from what I stated. You are wrong and adding new points to argue doesn't absolve you of your inaccuracies.

You call Snake a sook and yet aren't man enough to admit when you are wrong, you can't find any posts to confirm what you accused me of, and resort to troll ratings in today's biggest forum tanty.

Seems hypocritical but as been pointed out in another thread, it's not the first time.
Im not admitting im wrong because in my eyes Tom makes as many mistakes as any young fullback and will only get better. The tanty is coming from you mate, your personal attacks are not needed, im here to have a discussion about Tom Ts defence but you have taken this way off topic. This Forum is for opinions, if you dont like my opinion fine thats why we discuss it in a friendly argument, the name calling isnt needed and you calling out me for a tanty is a little hypocritical dont you think.

If you think Stewart wasn't chucking it in then you weren't paying attention. Look at his positioning and body language in the highlights of the Parra game that was under examination for possible match fixing and see what you see. I know what I saw.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10