Bring back Matai and Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Im not admitting im wrong because in my eyes Tom makes as many mistakes as any young fullback and will only get better. The tanty is coming from you mate, your personal attacks are not needed, im here to have a discussion about Tom Ts defence but you have taken this way off topic. This Forum is for opinions, if you dont like my opinion fine thats why we discuss it in a friendly argument, the name calling isnt needed and you calling out me for a tanty is a little hypocritical dont you think.

Wow. Reading your posts are making me so dumb, I'll soon be able to argue with you on your own level.

You still can't prove your accusations I see. so claiming you've been slighted after slighting another poster is a tad....hypocritical.

It's hard to have a friendly argument when someone accuses you of something....then they can't prove their accusations...resort to troll ratings, introduce new and irrelevant opinions as they tread water then complains when it doesn't all go to plan.

But keep the well known 'post cycle of the vanquished' going. You may think you're the first that's done it.

Wow. Reading your posts are making me so dumb, I'll soon be able to argue with you on your own level.

You still can't prove your accusations I see. so claiming you've been slighted after slighting another poster is a tad....hypocritical.

It's hard to have a friendly argument when someone accuses you of something....then they can't prove their accusations...resort to troll ratings, introduce new and irrelevant opinions as they tread water then complains when it doesn't all go to plan.

But keep the well known 'post cycle of the vanquished' going. You may think you're the first that's done it.
Watch the games last year and the year before Stewart wasnt giving a #### and he was poor. I dont want Tom learning anything from him, you also want Tom to learn from snake yet its stupidly obvious that Tom has been told to defend in the line. I fail to see what Stewart would have to offer.

A couple of things

1. Brett was great in 2015. From memory was our leader in terms of try assists
2. All threads like this do is make me sad that we will never see two of our greats play again...what I would give to see another one like this

or this

Tom defends fine, he defends like Darius Boyd in the line. Nothing wrong with that. Hes big enough to play in the line and hes been saving a lot of those barge over tries that would normally get through. No fullback in the game could have stopped what Cronk and Smith produced. Im fine with Toms defence stop raving on about how bad it is because its completely fine and natural for a fullback to defend in the line and thats how it should stay.

Toms positional play and total commitment in defence is not good enough. He still plays as if he is in the under 20's.
Boyd defends in the line, however is super fast and agile at getting back. Something I wish Tom T was.

Personally , I think Tom is a centre and can be a great one like Inglis.

Toms positional play and total commitment in defence is not good enough. He still plays as if he is in the under 20's.
Boyd defends in the line, however is super fast and agile at getting back. Something I wish Tom T was.

Personally , I think Tom is a centre and can be a great one like Inglis.
Boyd is what 30 years old, 28 games for QLD, 23 for Aus. Tom will get better with time and experience, once Tom is a bit older he will be fine, its really not that bad as some make out it to be, its not helped by Matt Wright and Taufua failing to their job and cover the side of the field. I do see Tom as a centre in rep footy if Tedesco is still around but as long as he is at Manly he will be fullback simple as that, he will not be moved for a long time if ever.

Brett Stewart was magnificent in almost every aspect of the game apart from injury luck, which had nothing to do with him.

Most of all, was his talk at the back and positional play, especially defensively, and you're right @Turbo1 , they are very different players, as Tommy will never be as good EVER in those aspects, unless he gets dedicated mentoring BY the best, in Brett.

There is no shame in learning best practice. Tommy is good for a clunker or two every game at present. He could, and I'm sure will be much, much better.

I hate reading when people say anything negative about Bukket or Scivy.

Nah i cant , i tell them the flu went through the camp or 4 of our players had no sleep ( up all night with the kids ) or the team mascot took ill and its affected the team . Gee im running out of excuses.
I did that for years,now I agree with the enemy and wait for the turn a round,they can,t handle it

In my eyes Snake was the greatest ball playing fullback of all time
From what you've previously told us you'd have been two (2) years old when Brett made his first grade debut. So I'm guessing from about the age of 6 or 7 you have spent countless hours studying old videos in order to be qualified to make such declarations!

• 😆
Reactions: lsz
Lay of them people there bodies are bruised & battered there guts & determination brought us 2 premierships.If only the current players could do the same.

From what you've previously told us you'd have been two (2) years old when Brett made his first grade debut. So I'm guessing from about the age of 6 or 7 you have spent countless hours studying old videos in order to be qualified to make such declarations!
I started properly following the game and caring in 08, since then i watched as many of our games as i could. In those years Stewart was the guy that stoodout, he never ever stuffed up a try scoring opportunity, if there was a try to be scored he would score. I may not have watched the game as long as many of you but even stevie wonder could tell you how good snake was.

I started properly following the game and caring in 08, since then i watched as many of our games as i could. In those years Stewart was the guy that stoodout, he never ever stuffed up a try scoring opportunity, if there was a try to be scored he would score. I may not have watched the game as long as many of you but even stevie wonder could tell you how good snake was.
Unfortunately he played a season too many.
He was good

Watch the games last year and the year before Stewart wasnt giving a #### and he was poor. I dont want Tom learning anything from him, you also want Tom to learn from snake yet its stupidly obvious that Tom has been told to defend in the line. I fail to see what Stewart would have to offer.

16 tries in 2015 and set up many more when he didn't give a **** and was poor, imagine if he did care, would have scored 40 ...

If you don't want Tom learning anything from Stewart, then you're happy with Tom not being as great as he could be

Jamie Lyon was an absolute shadow of himself in the centres last season, I'd still have him here in a heartbeat mentoring Kelly

Tom positional areas to improve aren't just being in the line, that's ok, it's when it gets to the last tackle, and he is absolutely nowhere to be seen where the kick goes that is the issue, but he will learn. For example, when he injured his knee, if he was in position for it and took it on the fill rather than the bounce, he doesn't get tackled in the air and injured. Also needs to work on defending as the last line, is an incredibly tough job, but when the opposition make a break, I don't have much confidence he will stop them, although it was beautiful the way he smashed Foran !! When a break was made and Stewart was at the back, 90% of the time you felt comfortable he would make the try saver, never more evident than when Inglis was in the clear and meant to be unstoppable, Stewart brought him down. Tom will get there with experience but that could be fast tracked with the right person showing him the ropes, doesn't even have to be Stewart. Hopefully being in Origin camp he picked up plenty from those guys as well

Last edited:
@Turbo1 I've witnessed it happen on this site where some people decided when the allegations of match fixing that hinted towards players and ex-players combined with Stewarts lack of form turned him, once again in his career, the enemy due to trial by assumption.
As a massive Snake fan for his whole career, he had an absolute shocker in 2016. It was sad to watch.
Look at Benji Marshall's last year at St George. Was he deliberately playing bad?
Anthony Minichiello (you may have to Google him due to your age) had an absolute shocker of a season, two years before he retired. I'm sure he was trying to sabotage his team, right?
As you get older you realise you can believe what the media tells you, social media rumours and innuendo, or learn to think for yourself.
Why do you think the majority of the rugby league world still hates Manly and continue to call a low budget club the silvertails? The media started their campaign in the 70's and it's still going now.
Never kid yourself that you know what another human being is thinking or planning to do.
Use your own mind. It creates freedom and separates you from the sheep.
Thanks for your awesome careers Snake and Matai!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8