Broadcast Rights CH7 and Fox

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
RIP CH9 coverage of cricket. Bit of a sad day because they have been such a staple during Aussie summers, but the grand old days of Richie, Bill, Tony etc are long gone. Not many of the current crop will be missed by me, and I'm quite looking forward to some fresh commentary - hopefully no one thinks it's a good idea to pick up Clarke, Warne, or Nicholls. Chappelli will have to retire now - not sure I'll miss his anecdotes about his grandfather Vic.

Bit sad to see the end of the CH10 BBL coverage though - their commentary crew have been pretty good so hopefully those guys will get a job moving forward. They could do worse than pick up some of the ABC guys too, like Nannes, Kat, and Cowan.

9 had gone backwards big time but still a shame that they won't be doing it anymore

It is criminal that there won't be a farewell commentary for Bill Lawry, he is one of the greats

Disgraceful move from cricket Australia during the week as well to cancel Bangladeshs tour because it wasn't commercially viable. Guys like Rahim and Shakib will have 15 year careers and never play a test in Australia

Wow didn’t hear we cancelled the bangers. That’s poor. Maybe ACB were concerned we’d get rolled.

Bill got offered a contract with the new broadcasters but he declined it. He said his loyalties lay with 9 and he saw it as an appropriate time to retire. Got im !!!! Yes !!! .... as parochial a Victorian as you’ll ever meet. He’s pretty much the last of the old crew, Richie, Tony and max all gone. Chappelli has lost the plot, probably only stacky that’s still kicking.

The glory days of commentary, and their careers were all enhanced by the 12th Man releases as well, great stuff

If I was putting together a dream team for cricket commentators Bill would be the first picked, his own style and absolutely brilliant, and great banter with old Griegy too

Of the current day I can't get enough of Bumble, he is absolutely hilarious

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4