Broncos' Dessie Bid

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Exactly Ryan. Sure I get that he left in ordinary fashion but I think of the good times and without him who knows where we would be.

Ryan said:
Fickle. People forget very quickly what he did for this club both on and off the field. Without him, we wouldn't have the team we have right now.

It's called " respect" @Ryan , a club legend and coach that took us to 3 Grand Finals should not have tried to destroy the club on the way out.

I may be " fickle" but if he couldn't get the money he wanted at Manly, all he had to say is " sorry guys I want to move on". It would have not been as acrimonious.

I respect Ha$ler for what he did in bringing us out of the dark ages, that record will stand for eternity, as will what he did at the end..... for which my respect level is ZERO

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ryan said:
Fickle. People forget very quickly what he did for this club both on and off the field. Without him, we wouldn't have the team we have right now.

It's called " respect" @Ryan , a club legend and coach that took us to 3 Grand Finals should not have tried to destroy the club on the way out.

I may be " fickle" but if he couldn't get the money he wanted at Manly, all he had to say is " sorry guys I want to move on". It would have not been as acrimonious.

I respect Ha$ler for what he did in bringing us out of the dark ages, that record will stand for eternity, as will what he did at the end..... for which my respect level is ZERO

You know what i think is a shame...that we will never know the real story behind him leaving

And by that I mean we will never know the truth behind questions like

- what interference was their from the board? We have all heard mumurs of KPI's etc but what was the turth?
- where are "those" emails? What do they say and show?
- when did Des actually decide to leave? How did this influence contract negotiations, clauses etc

All we are left with is the awful way it all turned out

lsz said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Ryan said:

You know what i think is a shame...that we will never know the real story behind him leaving

- what interference was their from the board? We have all heard mumurs of KPI's etc but what was the turth?
- when did Des actually decide to leave? How did this influence contract negotiations, clauses etc

I'd agree in that there is always " two sides of the story " , nevertheless if you loved the club you wouldn't try and destroy it on the way out. Regardless of the above unanswered questions it was " all about De$" and in the end all about $$$$.

Compare Wayne Bennett's ( also all about $$$) departure from the Broncos and St Merge, classily done on both occasions .

Sorry but I will never forgive or forget

Mark will have to agree to disagree

I think you are only looking at the outcome rather than what caused the situation

I am not saying his behavior was excusable however there, to quote a great man, needs to be an investigation as to why someone who was clearly dedicated to the club, could turn so much

Personally while the $ would have been a large factor i think there needed to more to it

Not many would begrudge the great results of Hasler & I agree, it would be good to know the full story.
Thing is, Manly helped him achieve all that was good, from reserve grade Panther to premiership winning player, rep at every level, coaching opportunity with full power in player trades & so much more.
What has always separated Manly from other NRL clubs is the players, fans & all involved have a great track record of loyalty like no other.
Hasler was behind the scenes negotiating mid season which lost the massive respect I had for him at the time & its hard to feel anything but betrayed, especially when you add the underhanded attempt to poach players & over pay those he did not want.

Its not the achievements, but the ethics behind it that make me bitter.
Maybe it was for the best??

Anyways this has had its play & could not be happier knowing the champion running the show now has 100% passion for the Seaeagles & will only ever bleed Maroon & White blood.

Mark from Brisbane said:
lsz said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Ryan said:

I'd agree in that there is always " two sides of the story " , nevertheless if you loved the club you wouldn't try and destroy it on the way out. Regardless of the above unanswered questions it was " all about De$" and in the end all about $$$$.

Compare Wayne Bennett's ( also all about $$$) departure from the Broncos and St Merge, classily done on both occasions .

We have ALL done things that we regret doing, Which one of us that has done the wrong thing would not like to be forgiven ?

BOZO said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
lsz said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Ryan said:

We have ALL done things that we regret doing, Which one of us that has done the wrong thing would not like to be forgiven ?

Agree, but you need to want to be forgiven and show some remorse. I see none of that with Des.

I never begrudged him leaving, trying to tear the club apart was it for me.

Killer03 said:
BOZO said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
lsz said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Agree, but you need to want to be forgiven and show some remorse. I see none of that with Des.

I never begrudged him leaving, trying to tear the club apart was it for me.
I can see your point Killer .

BOZO said:
Some actually prefer to be punished.
(Maybe it's a Catholic guilt thing?)

Not once has he said " I regret the way I left".

I am a " forgive and forget " type of person however the person I am forgiving needs to move a little as well.

My case rests!!

Des was great for us and has moved on, he has nothing to do with us so i have as much time for him as the other 15 coaches in the comp. Where he goes or what he does shouldn't matter to anyone but himself & his family really.

I would love for him to go to the Broncos and have them fail spectacularly.

Not because I'm death riding his career, just because I hate the dogs and broncos.

read an interview with des the other day and he was asked who he would be cheering for if (when) the dogs get knocked out. he said 'Go Manly'. that doesn't undo all the wrong but shows he doesn't hate us through and through

SeaEagleRock8 said:
BOZO said:
Some actually prefer to be punished.
(Maybe it's a Catholic guilt thing?)
Unless someone is in to bondage . I dont think anyone likes to be punished feathered friend . Amen :)

Mark from Brisbane said:
Not once has he said " I regret the way I left".

I am a " forgive and forget " type of person however the person I am forgiving needs to move a little as well.

My case rests!!
You are absolutely right there Mark !

MissKate said:
read an interview with des the other day and he was asked who he would be cheering for if (when) the dogs get knocked out. he said 'Go Manly'. that doesn't undo all the wrong but shows he doesn't hate us through and through

Why were you with Des, and who was being interviewed?
Where was this interview Kate?

Something for which I do respect Des, besides his coaching ability, is the fact that he took the time out to attend Mouse's funeral.

bones said:
MissKate said:

Why were you with Des, and who was being interviewed?
Where was this interview Kate?

Something for which I do respect Des, besides his coaching ability, is the fact that he took the time out to attend Mouse's funeral.
At the end of the day and after all is said and done, Birds of a feather stick together . We all have maroon blood in our veins

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6