Broncos under salary cap investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gee, who was responsible for signing some of Brisbane's biggest stars, including Ben Barba, is understood to have been on leave for up to two weeks before his resignation.....

Ah the ol 'use up your holiday days before resigning trick.'

All seen that one before!

I'm not sure how much leniency should be shown when the club asks for an investigation. In most other cases....that's called a confession!

Melbourne is important to the NRL but pales in comparison to how vital Brisbane is.

Therefore a large fine and a severe reprimand ('don't do it again') is far more likely than anything that might affect their on-field prospects.

Too bad the doors have been shut on the early 90's Bronco's teams; when they were also the Qld Origin team and 80% of the Australian team.

There would have been some cracking off the books third party payments made at Brisbane over the years.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Melbourne is important to the NRL but pales in comparison to how vital Brisbane is.

Therefore a large fine and a severe reprimand ('don't do it again') is far more likely than anything that might affect their on-field prospects.

That's precisely why this will be covered up as an Administrative misunderstanding.

Moondog said:
I've got complete faith Todd Greenberg will get to the bottom of this sorry mess....assuming he's not at the bottom of it already.

Good one :p

Im expecting the 'it was not excessive blah, blah' line anytime soon :dodgy:

With Darius the lovechild rocking up there in 2015 - is there an NRL limit on how many fullbacks a Club can have on their books :huh:

..."Brisbane officials advised the NRL".....

As usual, if the club doesn't actually dob themselves in, the salary cap auditor has NFI it's going on.

What do these muppets do all day ?

Well cant say this is surprising. The bongos must of forgotten that they actually have a salary cap.

I say freeze their recruitment for the next 5 years so they leave DCE alone.

While were at it can we investigate the chooks aswell.

HappilyManly said:
Moondog said:
I've got complete faith Todd Greenberg will get to the bottom of this sorry mess....assuming he's not at the bottom of it already.

Good one :p

Im expecting the 'it was not excessive blah, blah' line anytime soon :dodgy:

With Darius the lovechild rocking up there in 2015 - is there an NRL limit on how many fullbacks a Club can have on their books :huh:

So is Boyd going back to the Boncos...?

That would shorten Bennett's odds of going home too - this ''scandal'' aside, of course.

He may not want to go from one club-in-crisis to another; but I feel this breach by the Bronx will be swept away or, as you say HM, parlayed into isolated error...eg. GEE!

Boyd and Bennett are a package deal for some reason :huh:

With all the mid season Player movements, its difficult for Fans to know wether to love or hate a Player in their current season :dodgy:

Well Boyd followed Bennett to the Dragons, then the Noughts...so if Boyd is going home, there must be a stronger bond than usual between the two...not to mention Bris-Vegas being home for them.

That was my point HM.

I was unaware Boyd was going back up there next year, too.

TBH, and i know this is early stages, but it seems to me that this is at a much lower end of the scale than the Bulldogs and Storm.

I'd say it would be more of a fine situation, like most clubs get at the end of each year (never us i dont think)..........maybe just a larger fine

"Only" 150K pa ove 3yrs would definitely make a difference if you were trying to keep one star player from taking a deal at another club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7