Brookie Surface

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=brookvale-no-more_1227353530702&vc=222

244657-steve-matai.jpg

Hey Councillors - Skivi ain't travelling anywhere :D

Manly has never been a laughing stock. Brookie Oval may have been in the days of the agricultural fair when players had to dodge cow pats, but it is still the BEST rugby league ground in Sydney. I say this because of the crowd's proximity to the action and the atmosphere it creates.
What is embarrassing is that the NSW Government and the NRL has not built a modern stadium of any kind on the north side of Sydney in living memory.

James Segeyaro labels Brookvale Oval a ‘goat track’ and blames surface for injury

JAMES Segeyaro claims he suffered a groin strain against Manly because of the surface at Brookvale Oval.

Segeyaro on Monday potted Brookie as “a goat track’’, which was still not up to “NRL standard’’.

The northern beaches ground was dubbed “Brook-Fail’’ after a Friday night game against the Bulldogs earlier this season featured plenty of potholes and flying grass divots.

Brookie was given five weeks to recover by Warringah Council, but Segeyaro said he was still disappointed by the deck that was presented last Monday night, especially after he tweaked his groin.

“I strained my groin when I went for my first or second run, which is why I had to come off for part of the game,’’ Segeyaro said.

“Everyone knows what Brooke is like. It’s terrible. Manly seem to love it, but it’s not up to NRL standards. It’s a goat track. I slipped a bit, and I needed my groin to be strapped at half-time.’’

Segeyaro received plenty of treatment last week, and declared himself a certain starter against Parramatta on Friday night.

But his damning assessment of Brookvale — one of the last suburban grounds in the NRL — is sure to be of concern, especially to the Sea Eagles and local council who became locked in a battle over unpaid hiring fees.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rface-for-injury/story-fni3fbgz-1227368553710

I just can't believe with all the injuries that he has had at Penrith - 2 broken ankles in fact, that Segs singles out Brookie for criticism :mad::swear:

Leave Brookie Alone!

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6