Brookie's only hope a federal handout

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Arbib can say what he likes, he's not responsible, and besides that he's not well respected in Canberra. As I've posted before, Anthony Albanese, the Federal Minister with the money, is a rabid Manly hater. As much as I loath to say this, an Abbott Government is our best hope for Federal funds for Brookvale.

DSM5 said:
As much as I loath to say this, an Abbott Government is our best hope for Federal funds for Brookvale.

But what about the 10 years that Abbott was in government and all he gave us was some money for lights? The Howard govt had susplus' galore and wouldn't have missed a measly $50m for bookie oval.

Howard upgraded kogarah and abbott should have ensured that we were upgraded as well. A missed opportunity

tookey said:
DSM5 said:
As much as I loath to say this, an Abbott Government is our best hope for Federal funds for Brookvale.

But what about the 10 years that Abbott was in government and all he gave us was some money for lights? The Howard govt had susplus' galore and wouldn't have missed a measly $50m for bookie oval.

Howard upgraded kogarah and abbott should have ensured that we were upgraded as well. A missed opportunity

Very true. But it would be interesting to know if we had actually been proactive in seeking funding during that period. Did we even go to the government and ask? Did we have upgrade proposals ready to show what we would do with the money? Unfortunately we're a safe seat, we have to earn our government handouts, unlike marginal seats who just sit back while both parties bends over backwards for them. Although it has been a slow and tedious process, we at least seem to have somewhat decent plans to take to the government.

tookey said:
DSM5 said:

true tooks
but things change when your PM

And while abbott isnt as passionate about manly as Howard was with his dragons Abbott is a manly man and it is his local area.

When he gets in i Would expect similar money to the money Kogorah and Win have recieved.

Just because you see Abbott in a brand new Manly jersey once or twice a year for a press conference, doesn't mean he's actually a Manly supporter.

He's a fair-weather fan, at best, and will not stick his neck out for us.

Ever.

Cambo said:
tookey said:
DSM5 said:

true tooks
but things change when your PM

And while abbott isnt as passionate about manly as Howard was with his dragons Abbott is a manly man and it is his local area.

When he gets in i Would expect similar money to the money Kogorah and Win have recieved.

And look what that got WIN Stadium...a bent roof :p

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You want to get Brooke redeveloped. Become a marginal electorate. Everyone who lives in an odd number house vote Liberal, everyone who lives in an even vote labour. I won't happen this time but in the next election afterwards not only will Brookie get redeveloped the whole area will undergo massive development.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7