Brookvale Centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get where you're coming from Hv8, it's progress and all that, but their needs to be a place for the hard core Manly fans to congregate and mingle together, maybe half of the hill will do. In those hard fought tight games at Brookie our players draw strength from the support they get from our fans on the hill.

I get that too, but the reality is that if the ground owners want to attract more to Brookie than just Manly, then its going to have to turn Brookie into a boutique, probably all-seat venue.

The ground can't keep living in 1995 forever.

Its rough I know but how about we do a stand opposite with an Eagle roof design? How awesome would that be running out to that....if we can have that the Hill lovers can keep their grassy knoll.
Screenshot_20220129-163457_Video Player.jpg

What's happening !! Where's our Member-exclusive Video on the new Centre of Excellence. C'mon Admin surely you can give your loyal supporters a sneak preview!

Works fine for me. smooth all the way through.

I see Manly will have to walk down some stairs to get to the field (safe with cleats on?) - so I'm assuming when the opposition walk out, the stairs flick up into a slide and dump them on the floor. (ala that bond movie)
What's a cleat

How many players do we have gifted enough that they can chew gum and walk down stairs at the same time?

This is from Grogfields DT column today. If true, will have plenty of interest which way it goes.
————————————————————————————————————————————-

There is much interest on the northern peninsula about the naming of Manly’s new centre of excellence at Brookvale Oval.
There is talk that the club’s owners – the Penn family – want to name the facility after themselves (Penn Health) rather than after a club legend.

This will create debate among Sea Eagles diehards because the facility was funded by the state government, not the owners, on council land. It has cost taxpayers $35 million.

Northern Beaches council mayor Michael Regan was reluctant to comment when contacted by The Sunday Telegraph.

“I have to be diplomatic,” he said, “The club has a 30-year lease on that portion of the ground.

“It’s up to the fans and the broader community. I’ll leave it at that.”

This is a difficult one for CEO Stephen Humphreys.

Manly has announced the new stand at the northern end of the ground will be named after the late immortal Bob Fulton. The stand that was previously known as the Fulton-Menzies stand will now be named the Menzies-Lyons stand.

This is from Grogfields DT column today. If true, will have plenty of interest which way it goes.

There is much interest on the northern peninsula about the naming of Manly’s new centre of excellence at Brookvale Oval.
There is talk that the club’s owners – the Penn family – want to name the facility after themselves (Penn Health) rather than after a club legend.

This will create debate among Sea Eagles diehards because the facility was funded by the state government, not the owners, on council land. It has cost taxpayers $35 million.

Northern Beaches council mayor Michael Regan was reluctant to comment when contacted by The Sunday Telegraph.

“I have to be diplomatic,” he said, “The club has a 30-year lease on that portion of the ground.

Manly has announced the new stand at the northern end of the ground will be named after the late immortal Bob Fulton. The stand that was previously known as the Fulton-Menzies stand will now be named the Menzies-Lyons stand.
Hi Phil

What's a cleat

How many players do we have gifted enough that they can chew gum and walk down stairs at the same time?

Y'know... I googled cleat and there's no reference to it on the whole internet, so I created this page just for everyone.

Definition of cleat
1a: a wedge-shaped piece fastened to or projecting from something and serving as a support or check
b: a wooden or metal fitting usually with two projecting horns around which a rope may be made fast

2a: a strip fastened across something to give strength or hold in position
b(1): a projecting piece (as on the bottom of a shoe) that furnishes a grip
(2)cleats plural : shoes equipped with cleats
(3) Bitey boots : Scottish slang

ta dah! (lulz)

I think buzz went on about this last year.
So a re-hash from the has been

Y'know... I googled cleat and there's no reference to it on the whole internet, so I created this page just for everyone.

Definition of cleat
1a: a wedge-shaped piece fastened to or projecting from something and serving as a support or check
b: a wooden or metal fitting usually with two projecting horns around which a rope may be made fast

2a: a strip fastened across something to give strength or hold in position
b(1): a projecting piece (as on the bottom of a shoe) that furnishes a grip
(2)cleats plural : shoes equipped with cleats
(3) Bitey boots : Scottish slang

ta dah! (lulz)

Och aye, them wee bitey boots ..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12