BROOKVALE OVAL GETS $40,000 LIFT +($4 MILLION FROM COUNCIL)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: BROOKVALE OVAL GETS $40,000 LIFT

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=177177.msg181058#msg181058 date=1207051662]
I think the state Government have been distracted by calls for a complete white elephant - something that will be lucky to see one patron. 

An art gallery for Parrammatta.
Don't let your country ignorance or experience of the morons at Parra Stadium colour your view of North Western Sydney!!
[/quote]  I wake up each morning to the ABC news of the latest stabbings, car-jackings etc in that part of the world.  Seems its a daily occurence!

[quote author=Matabele link=topic=177177.msg181058#msg181058 date=1207051662]
I think the state Government have been distracted by calls for a complete white elephant - something that will be lucky to see one patron. 

An art gallery for Parrammatta.
Don't let your country ignorance or experience of the morons at Parra Stadium colour your view of North Western Sydney!!
[/quote]

Dont worry CW, where you are is classed as North Shore rather than north west.  At least, it was by those of us who lived there and were aware of our superioirty!!

Having taught many kids from Dubbo and the likes and getting a measure of their 'culture' I find it intriguing to be lectured then by a member of the rural squatocracy on what constitutes art etc. ;)

Since when has the Daily Telegraph scare-mongering constituted an accurate view of life???

I take your point about the North Shore!!!  :)

Having taught many kids from Dubbo and the likes and getting a measure of their 'culture' I find it intriguing to be lectured then by a member of the rural squatocracy on what constitutes art etc. ;)

Since when has the Daily Telegraph scare-mongering constituted an accurate view of life???

I take your point about the North Shore!!!  :)

And how do those country elite compare to the riff raff your currently attempt to control?

Bugger central coast or whereever in qld,aussie stadium should be the next preference it's central to both the northside supporters & the rest of sydney supporters.

We can't be a complete backwater.  We're one of only two places west of the sandstone curtain to host the Sydney Film Festival. 

Too bad the town of your birth and the town of your almer mater miss out hey Mr Hillbilly?

I'm intending to go and see "I'm not there". 

Comparing Tamworth and Dubbo (or Moree for that matter) is like comparing Kabul or Baghdad!!  :) :) :) :)

Eagles' $4m windfall

Kelly Robinson

5 April 2008
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/04/05/9545_news.html

BROOKVALE Oval is set to remain the home of the Manly Sea Eagles with Warringah Council announcing a $4million deal to redevelop the grounds.

The Manly Daily can reveal the council has kickstarted the ground's $20million redevelopment camapign with its funding commitment today.

However, the money will hinge on commitments from the State and Federal governments to provide the remaining $16million in much-needed funds. The Eagles have been lobbying all levels of government for years to help stop the dilapidated oval from crumbling around the fans and players.

The club even discussed moving to the Central Coast and was offered an $8million incentive to relocate and play home games at Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford.

For the council to upgrade the oval, $6million is needed from the State Government and the remaining $10million from the Rudd Government.

Three generations of the Dean family - self-confessed mad Sea Eagles fans - were out at their beloved Brookvale Oval yesterday, celebrating the $4million announcement.

Ron, 78, Philip, 37, and Spencer, 5, live and breath Eagles, watching each home game from their Jane Try Stand season ticket seats.

``Something needs to be done for our team to stay here forever,'' Mr Dean jnr said. ``We love the Eagles and can't imagine them calling anywhere else but Brookvale Oval home.''

Both Mr Dean and Mr Dean jnr have been involved with the Eagles since the 1960s and Spencer is sure to continue the legacy.

Mr Dean jnr was once the club's ballboy and his father, Mr Dean snr, was involved with the juniors for more than 20 years watching legends Geoff Toovey and Steve Menzies rise through the ranks.

Manly Sea Eagles chief executive Grant Mayer said the council's announcement provided the club with a massive incentive to keep knocking on the State and Federal governments doors.

``It is a great show of faith from the council and now the real work begins,'' Mr Mayer said.

Warringah administrator Dick Persson has offered to underwrite the $20million works on the sports ground provided the State and Federal governments pay up within three years.

Brookie pavers for sale

Kelly Robinson

5 April 2008

http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/04/05/9547_news.html

MANLY Sea Eagles fans will be able to own a piece of history  and Brookvale Oval  and help pave the way to a new future on the northern beaches.

Supporters can buy their own paver and be part of the Eagles' new special Pave the Way walkway, which will be included in the stadium's planned $20million redevelopment. The first section of the renovations will be the building of a new grandstand but members, fans and sponsors who make a donation between $20 and $5000 to the Save Brookvale Oval fund will have a paver placed in the walkway.

Any donations over $500 will have the fan's name inscribed in the paver for the future walk of honour.

To kickstart the campaign, current Sea Eagles players and the Manly Old Boys will buy a brick in the name of Manly's first captain Max Whitehead.

Manly Old Boys chief Darryl Williams said the community should join the fight for a better stadium and get behind improving Brookvale Oval.

``What better way to start a campaign like this than to salute the first captain,'' he said.

Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said the walkway features had proved very popular overseas.

``It gives the fans some ownership of their ground and their team,'' he said. ``For a long time, improvements to Brookvale have been little more than a pipe dream but with the fantastic support from Warringah administrator Dick Persson and fruitful discussions with the State Government, things are looking much brighter.''

Fans can buy a paver at Manly Leagues Club, online at www.mwse.com.au and at merchandise outlets at Sea Eagles home games.

Good news, but hard to get excited about it when basically we have nothing in the pocket, other than a promise that we will get something if 2 other parties come to the table, which looks unlikely

it was always going to be one of those deals, its a start and once things get a bit of momentum they are hard to stop. The new lights started in a similar way.

Ryan link said:
A guy at work told me yesterday that an announcement will be made about COUNCIL funding. Not State. Not Federal.

Lets see if this guy knows what he's talking about.

I'll respect this source in the future.

byso link said:
Good news. I like the paver idea as well. Thats something that may appeal to many.

Still bagging the $40K put in by the co owners Byso or have your eyes opened up to how these things actually work now?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6