Buhrers Season Over?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ssar said:
Chip and Chase said:
He went down straight away when it happened, even coughed up the ball from memory. Hand straight up and straight to sideline.

Yea, he limped, winced & struggled immediately, sadly.
Jamie Buhrer has been solid for us the past couple of months too - have been looking forward to him playing well and helping inspire us through these finals, bummer he's copped that injury.

Regardless, it was NO EXCUSE for him to drop the ball - it almost looked like he threw it in disgust - I couldn't beleive he didn't just go to ground clinging onto the ball.

That aside, hope you recover asap and well mate and return soon!

I have done an ACL in both knees - you are not thinking that clearly when it happens

I wondered when he got injured in the game before the knee problem whether he was asking to come off. It appeared he was but no sure.

southsideeagle said:
I wondered when he got injured in the game before the knee problem whether he was asking to come off. It appeared he was but no sure.

At the 64th minute he came out of a tackle holding that knee. I reckon the damage had been done there, playin on may well have made it worse unfortunately :(

I don't think he'd proper screwed it at that point but there's a chance that coming off then might have saved his knee. "Ifs, buts and maybes" :(

He's going to be hard to replace as in my opinion he's been great this year.

The only potential positive aspect of a season-ending injury is that he'll be replaced with a bigger player, possibly Horo, Dunny Loo or JSL, and size has been an issue when we play teams with large, physical forward packs.

The Who said:
The only potential positive aspect of a season-ending injury is that he'll be replaced with a bigger player, possibly Horo, Dunny Loo or JSL, and size has been an issue when we play teams with large, physical forward packs.
As far as replacing Buhrer with any of those bigger forwards mentioned bigger is not better because on the stat sheets Buhrer has been more dominant than all of them

BOZO said:
The Who said:
As far as replacing Buhrer with any of those bigger forwards mentioned bigger is not better because on the stat sheets Buhrer has been more dominant than all of them

Yes. Buhrer has been great, but stats don't record intimidation factor, how hard player's tackle etc.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/09/01/injury_update_buhrer_out_for_the_season.html
After an unbelievable finish to the match against Penrith at Brookvale Oval, the Sea Eagles have been dealt a huge blow just one week out from their 10th straight finals appearance.

Tireless backrower Jamie Buhrer has been ruled out for the remainder of the season after rupturing his ACL in the come from behind victory.

Buhrer, who scored the sides first points of the afternoon, had been filling in at dummy-half before he went off in the 71st minute.

Sea Eagles Coach Geoff Toovey said Buhrer was obviously upset with the outcome.

"He's pretty upset about the whole thing and rightfully so, he's been playing some good football for us," Toovey said.
Meanwhile, regular 80-minute-man Matt Ballin (right leg) will be monitored throughout the week and given every chance to continue his run of 190 consecutive games for the Club in Townsville on Saturday night.

The hooker was missing for the entire second period but Toovey was optimistic when asked after the match of his chances.

"Matty Ballin's got a bit of a cork, I think he'll be OK," Toovey said. "Again we'll have to wait and see tomorrow but Jamie Buhrer is the main concern."

Brenton Lawrence is continuing his rehabilitation from a knee injury that saw him miss his first game of the season but is expected to recover in time to take on the Cowboys at 1300 SMILES Stadium.

:(

Thanks for getting us to the MP, Buhrer :angel:

BOZO said:
The Who said:

Not sure 15 runs at 7m per run is more dominant than 7 runs at 10m per run. It is a different workrate but buhrer does not dominate teams, he wears them down with his huge motor

Now that Buhrers season is over I wonder which NSW cup forward season is about to begin ? I would like to see this big mother play against the big Cowboy pack EPALAHAME LAUAKI .

Fluffy said:
BOZO said:
The Who said:

Not sure 15 runs at 7m per run is more dominant than 7 runs at 10m per run. It is a different workrate but buhrer does not dominate teams, he wears them down with his huge motor

Regardless, he is an asset to the team and will be missed for the rest of the season.

A damn shame.

Brookie Brawler said:
Club has confirmed he's gone for the season

**** ! Damin it all :(
JB is an awesome player. He adds subtledy and finesse like Stewart did. I hope it doesn't open us up to being predictable.

At least as said (TOUCH-WOOD) Lui and Horo are back again.

Hopefully BJ is right for the finals; and the Cows this week.

Same with Ballin (but 2V said in the presser Matty should be sweet; Ferris is of greater concern, scans and all that to be done).

So just in my opinion, given Ferris would be out, I'd give Hodges a go off the bench (especially against his old club the Cows!).

Even more so if Ballin's out too.

And if BJ's OK to play, Hasson drops out of the 17 for this week.

Big loss. He has been one of our best this year in what has been a true "break out" year for him imo. He didn't deserve his season to end this way.

Pity of this is that Ferris and Gifty are workhorses who make 30 or 40 tackles per match. They don't smash or dominate but play big minutes. They are hard to replace as the others don't work quite as hard in defence.

We will miss him-no risk- hye has been our best and would bet pounds to quids he wins the players award this year.

We maybe able to replace size,tackle strength but I think his willingness and all round attributes as a team player both on the paddock and off will be the hardest to replace.

The team now owes JB just as much as Gift and King dog for what he has contributed this year to get us where we are.
This kid will be one of our greats for a long time and to me could be another beaver

ssar said:
Chip and Chase said:
He went down straight away when it happened, even coughed up the ball from memory. Hand straight up and straight to sideline.

Yea, he limped, winced & struggled immediately, sadly.
Jamie Buhrer has been solid for us the past couple of months too - have been looking forward to him playing well and helping inspire us through these finals, bummer he's copped that injury.

Regardless, it was NO EXCUSE for him to drop the ball - it almost looked like he threw it in disgust - I couldn't beleive he didn't just go to ground clinging onto the ball.

That aside, hope you recover asap and well mate and return soon!

You are kidding surely!?! This happened right in front of me - Buhrer was hopping about on one leg and was about to go down injured when he was smashed in a tackle from behind. Not surprisingly he lost the ball when hit.

Very disappointing news. I really feel for the bloke who will no doubt be shattered to fall over at this stage of the season.

Let's just hope when he returns, he doesn't lose too much of his trademark speed off the mark and footwork; it's an important attribute to his game, given he is not the most imposing of statures.

i saw on the Matty johns show last night, Buhrer came to the side line complaining about his knee 10 minutes before he came off. Make you wonder what would have happened had he come off then.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4