Pre-Game Bulldogs v Manly [Round 25, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

21 20
Accor Stadium
02 Sep 2022 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Weekes, Garrick, Turbo, Koula, Saab could potentially be a pretty special back five'

Absolutely, although what did you think of Saab this year?
I felt he was very underwhelming, however has potential. But is it just his speed which makes him seem good?
Saab’s form was patchy until the last few games where he was really hitting some form and confidence before he did that very unusual injury in the air.

I am a bit concerned he will lose some pace due to his acl injury but hopefully not.

Bugger. So not us then?
Bring Back the Passion
Bring Back Ronny the Eagle !!!

See the source image

Best result here is another flogging
The win does nothing but a big loss
Will just highlight even more we need big changes
Although it would be good to see Weekes
play well…
Exactly mate, more big losses is the only thing that is going to bring change.

I'd rather see us lose by 30 or 40 this week and even for the first few rounds of next year if it means we will see a change in coaching staff and captaincy.

are "we are happy for him to do"?
Won't end well if he doesn't want to be here
Probably the club will not happy to see him go, however we have two choices, we hold him to his existing contract ,which we are entitled to do, or we let release him to another club, however if the money he's being offered is less than what we're paying him, then that's a matter between him and his proposed club, as we are willing to honour his existing contract with us.

Cmon boys lets go out with a bang!! Weekes at FB hope he has live wire blinder and inspires the rest to up the energy and tempo.

We can't lose, have a standing slab on the line every time manly play the dogs, keep me stocked boys I need no more lube of the other kind
Not much Weekes can do a fullback with a forward pack who can't make any metres, any offloads or gives a fu*k and a halfback who can't game manage or organise.

Not much Weekes can do a fullback with a forward pack who can't make any metres, any offloads or gives a fu*k and a halfback who can't game manage or organise.
I hears ya mick.
I'm hoping for the sake of my standing slab Weekes enthusiasm and zest will rub off all week on the rest of them. That they realise 4 of them are playing their last game together and want to at least serve up something better than the past few "weeks".

Why is Des picking Foz, Davey and Walker? They are leaving, there is no point. Blood the youngsters
I think there is something to trying to finish the season with a win.

Just a little lift of the mood into the off season

Exactly mate, more big losses is the only thing that is going to bring change.

I'd rather see us lose by 30 or 40 this week and even for the first few rounds of next year if it means we will see a change in coaching staff and captaincy.
I don't mind a big loss Friday to finish the year because Manly is in a poor state and this needs to be brought front and centre hopefully culminating in some brave decisions over the off-season. Things have to change.

But starting next year, round one, may the mighty new Sea Eagles ROAR

NYEagle

I don't mind a big loss Friday to finish the year because Manly is in a poor state and this needs to be brought front and centre hopefully culminating in some brave decisions over the off-season. Things have to change.

But starting next year, round one, may the mighty new Sea Eagles ROAR

NYEagle
You wish is their command.

Bulldogs by 30

'Weekes, Garrick, Turbo, Koula, Saab could potentially be a pretty special back five'

Absolutely, although what did you think of Saab this year?
I felt he was very underwhelming, however has potential. But is it just his speed which makes him seem good?
Saab's season went from bad at the beginning, to mediocre in the middle, and then some good games at the end. He gave the impression of really trying hard to develop his game though, and he is definitely worth persisting with next year as a starting winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10