Burgess & Mateo GONE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Mateo had more consistency in his game......I mean, the bloke is an enigma. One week he'll play like the best ball playing forward in the competition, then he goes missing for 2-3 weeks before he puts on another good show.

His good is very good, but for mine he goes missing too many times.
When he goes missing check the queue at Upper Crust

Don't think Jake ever monstered in the 20's. Solid ....yes but not six foot seven and eight like these blokes. Compare Jake to Kane Evans and Napa for height .....same example. Doesn't mean he is not a good a player but they have a number of them. Shows you if he has been our best this year doesn't say much for the rest.

Have never seen Mateo this year play like the best ball playing forward in the comp. Jake would leave him for dead even at this stage.

Yes but he was a few kilos less when he was good.
Looking at points tables Sydney teams won't want to go north to play semis. Refs will give them the benefit of doubt at Suncorp and inlfluenced by crowd and Cowboys will play the "we've been robbed" bit for the past few years.

Feleti has been our most effective forward over the last month or so and I hope he continues to do well. If we have a new coach, he will have his own ideas about what we do. I expect he might go for a younger player. We still need a quality backrower for our pack.

If we lose:

David Williams
Cheyse Blair
Kieran Foran
Willie Mason
Justin Horo
Dunamis Lui
James Hasson
Jayden Hodges

And im sure a few more, surely Feleti can be retained.

Jake T has been our most effective forward in most every game. I am not a supporter of Matteo anywhere in this team. Obviously the decision makers may think so too.....tap tap?

It's a tough one with Mateo...he has been one of our better forwards this year, but that's merely an indication of just how bad our forwards have been. The guy is clearly unfit and although he does some creative things with the ball, he is simply too much of a risk in defence. If we are fair dinkum about building a team to challenge for a premiership again in the not too distant future, then I think Feleti probably should be released along with Big Willie and Horo, and we can move on from our worst season in 10 years without three or four of these questionable recruitment choices.

I can't see Manly now keeping any players that are not up to good standard now, that wouldn't be acceptable in the starting team of other clubs. I am sure there will be a clean out throughout the teams

Well then, name a NSW team that could trouble Qld when they are in the kind of mood they were in on Wednesday. Not even Bozo can polish a turd.
Surely we have enough New Zealanders to trouble them!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6