Burgess' squirrel tackle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Okay now I want to see that pommy dog rubbed out next week. Matai do your stuff.

Thanks for that post effnic, nice read for a one eyed Manly tragic like myself.

That puts Burgess straight into the "grub" file for mine.

The Who said:
He grabbed the Storm centre on the Jatz (not our poster) and it looked ugly. Let's see if he gets cited.

I think Chambers is just thankful it wasn't the other Pommy forward using an alternative 'grip' technique down there.

Chambers is an ex union player so he wasn't writhing on the ground in pain....he just had to hide his boner!

If he was staying down then Burgess needs to be charged with an ineffectual squirrel grip.

Can't wait to see him try and defend this next time he is on The Footy Show.

Fatty (insert fat joke here) - won't be able to help himself and will have to bring it up. (insert joke again)

Actually, can't wait to see Beau Ryan's SBTV - he will have a field day with this!!!

This incident reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George was having a massage and reckoned "it" moved.

Maybe Chambers got a little twinge down there when Burgess tackled him & thought it was a question when he heard the ref call "moooooooveeeeee"

Foxsports reports Burgess to face judiciary. He's gone the big cat.

Little difference between this and what that biting pommy dog did to Slater last year.

The interesting part for me is that Luke Burgess may get a run after a month or so running with the Bears. That will be the 4 brothers playing for the top grade this year. I know Luke was doing training at the sand dunes near Cronulla during his lay off. I hear he was pretty keen to get back to the team and train with them!!!

Although we lost to souths earlier this year, we monstered both the burgess boys. I don't think other sides have done so this year. We didn't lose that game in the forwards.

Shoe1 said:
Although we lost to souths earlier this year, we monstered both the burgess boys. I don't think other sides have done so this year. We didn't lose that game in the forwards.

Triple M last night Freddy and Geyer were of the opinion that we bashed the Warriors out of the game yesterday with our solid legitimate defense.

http://bit.ly/14BSBdh

nrl.com
Sam Burgess facing two-week suspension
South Sydney forward Sam Burgess is facing two weeks on the sidelines after he was charged by the NRL match review committee on Monday with a Grade 1 Contrary Conduct.

Burgess was cited by the match review committee following an incident involving Melbourne’s Will Chambers in the 68th minute of the Rabbitohs 26-8 loss to the Storm at AAMI Park.

The Grade 1 Contrary Conduct charge carries a base penalty of 125 points, but Burgess’ four prior-offences means he will miss two matches even with an early guilty plea.

If Burgess takes the early guilty plea he will miss Friday night’s Round 23 match against Manly Sea Eagles and the Round 24 clash with Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

The English forward will have to successfully fight the charge at the NRL judiciary to play in Round 23.

Burgess and South Sydney will have until midday on Tuesday to enter a plea.

South Sydney play against Manly on Friday night at Bluetongue Stadium in a top four blockbuster.

Bit of a shame actually. Was looking forward to seeing the cat get his just desserts.

Shoe1 said:

That we did, @Shoe1. We may have lost it by being a little too into the hard stuff and losing our structures in attack though. We were also a little guilty of this during the Roosters game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2