Burns signs with the Cows

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i wont be losing any sleep about losing burnsy, he isnt worth anywhere near the money that he will get in queensland to us.

If Lyon cant develop into a matchwinning 5/8 Burns never will. My guess is they both will. Burnsy is a solid utility to us, and that is the money we offered, good business i say.

Firstly, who or what is Ma'a Nonu.

He's been quoted as saying he wants to play in the NRL next season. He's also the cousin of one of our players. I think its Jack Afamasaga

Ma'a Nonu:

nonu_maa_d.jpg

The explosive, some would say flamboyant, Ma’a Nonu has built a reputation as one of the toughest marks in world rugby, able to break the line, off-load the ball and set up or score scintillating tries.

Though he played mostly in the No 13 jersey for the Hurricanes during the Rebel Sport Super 14 in 2006, Nonu is equally comfortable at second five-eighth, where his distribution and kicking skills continue to improve.

2006 Rebel Sport Super 14
Franchise Hurricanes
Games 15
Points 10 (2t)

New Zealand Representative Teams
All Blacks in 2003–2005
New Zealand Sevens in 2004

Career Notes
• Captained Wellington through the early rounds of the 2005 Air New Zealand NPC.
• In 2005, led both the Hurricanes and Wellington with seven tries in each campaign and played every game for both teams.
• During the 2005 Rebel Sport Super 12, he equalled the Hurricanes record of three tries in a match with his hat-trick against the Brumbies. Scored another hat-trick in Wellington’s NPC match against Northland.
• Scored two tries in the 2005 All Blacks Trial.
• Scored a try for the All Blacks against the Barbarians at Twickenham in 2004.

FULL NAME: Ma'a Allan Nonu

BORN: Friday, 21 May 1982 in Wellington

PHYSICAL: 1.80m, 104kg

POSITION: Centre

LAST SCHOOL: Rongotai College

RUGBY CLUB: (First made All Blacks from) Oriental-Rongotai

PROVINCE: Wellington

SUPER 14 TEAM: Hurricanes

RUGBY NICKNAME: Rock

ALL BLACK DEBUT: Saturday, 14 June 2003 v England at Wellington aged 21 years, 24 days

LAST TEST: Saturday, 2 June 2007 v France at Auckland aged 25 years, 12 days

ALL BLACK TESTS: 17 (0 as Captain)

ALL BLACK TEST POINTS: 15pts (3t, 0c, 0p, 0dg, 0m)

ALL BLACK NUMBER: 1031

Maybe we can make his handbag toting centre partner Umaga an offer as well

Interesting debate for a change guys!!!

Consideration for next year,

Mani is very much in the eyes of Dessie as a replacement winger (if he wasn't injured he would have been selected against Brisbane), you will see both PL centres given "experience" in NL this & next season with the better getting Bell's centre spot. Jack Afamasaga has spoken to his cousin Nonu to see if he was interested in League and is waiting for a response (Is this the lock we are looking for?) My opinion we haven't had much luck with Kiwi's... but he does has some mongrel.

Sorry guys can't start any rumours yet, haven't been at Narrabeen for over a week, maybe some next week, I have an invite next Tuesday, hopefully we have signed Choc by then?

I wonder how much game time Burns gets now?

Non'u has the potential to be a gun league wise, defence would probably need a top up 1st but on attack would have massive potential. Is a big unit, fast, and can offload. Is a real handful to bring down.

Could be versatile between centres and backrow too.

Non'u has the potential to be a gun league wise, defence would probably need a top up 1st but on attack would have massive potential. Is a big unit, fast, and can offload. Is a real handful to bring down.

Could be versatile between centres and backrow too.

and provide some make up tips in the eagles angels box!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

It begs the question about where do we financially sit in relation to recruitment. Anything other than a detailed closeup examination of tiered contract payements for Orford & Lyon, wont show were we stand.

This will hint of a Ryan post but :

LEAVING
Monas
Burns
Hicks
Rose

UPGRADES
Choc
Kite

RISING STARS
Ballin

PROPOSED NEW SIGNINGS
Perry
Riley

??TIERED PAYMENTS??Orford
Lyon

With the increase in cap for 08 being $100k, we could roughly estimate the freeing up of approx $700k+ from last years outlay and that presumably we were cap compliant for 07.

A wild guess of upgrade value for Anthony & Brent might be say $50-$75 total

We would assume that its still premature to expect any upgrade in Ballins contract.

One could hazard a guess at the combined value of Perry & Riley at $320k

And who knows the staggered payment schedule for both Ox & Lyon, but im sure it doesnt equate to hundreds of thousands in the 08 year.

So, where are we headed for recruitment and cap in 08 and does everyone believe that we are actively recruiting outside the current drugcastle duo :?:

Please say that Dunley will be leaving

I agree, Lyon is not the answer to our 5/8 thing, but then again, what would I know. However Burns has gone to a position promised to him and good luck. We'll survive. Don't write of Neumann. I thought he shows promise and if he had been given support from the overrated Ox, one of those tries would not have been scored. We'llmiss Burns's defense, but that's footie.

I was only joking, last time at the club his foot was in a brace and Noel Cleal wife was mothering him...I told him to be a man and stand on his own 2 feet....

Burns has only gone to the cowboys because he thinks that Thurston will make him look good especially in attack,

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6