Bye Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
In my opinion, the longer this drags on the more pathetic it makes TBaz look.

I'm of the belief that the Penns would have been dangling a small carrot for him to leave and take a pay out. But he decided he wanted the full payout and now he'll be without work for 2019.

Good on the Penns for making him see out his 12 months. It shows Manlys already moved on, got a new coach, new coaching staff.
It also shows Baz can't move on, that he's tied to this role because no other club wants him as a head coach.

And I doubt other clubs, who are watching the situation, are liking what they are seeing from him....a coach who complained to outsiders, the media especially about his employer only after the team started losing.

I doubt he will ever be a head coach again... and the way he's handled himself through this, some clubs would be wary of bringing him in as assistant.

I am sure that as he deposits his approx $9000 chegue each week ... he spares a moment to give a flying fuk what you think .....

You may, for some wonderful reason have said ...No Mr Penn, you keep the $500,000 you owe me ..... but I think the vast majority of people whose brains work ..... would have done the same as Baz.

Pss .... I can't remember ... were you one of the dribblers that announced with absolute conviction that it was a fact he only resigned because he already had another job lined up .....

I'm of the belief that the Penns would have been dangling a small carrot for him to leave and take a pay out. But he decided he wanted the full payout and now he'll be without work for 2019.

Good on the Penns for making him see out his 12 months. It shows Manlys already moved on, got a new coach, new coaching staff.
It also shows Baz can't move on, that he's tied to this role because no other club wants him as a head coach.

And I doubt other clubs, who are watching the situation, are liking what they are seeing from him....a coach who complained to outsiders, the media especially about his employer only after the team started losing.

I doubt he will ever be a head coach again... and the way he's handled himself through this, some clubs would be wary of bringing him in as assistant.
And then there's his results.
Or lack thereof...

I am sure that as he deposits his approx $9000 chegue each week ... he spares a moment to give a flying fuk what you think .....

You may, for some wonderful reason have said ...No Mr Penn, you keep the $500,000 you owe me ..... but I think the vast majority of people whose brains work ..... would have done the same as Baz.

Pss .... I can't remember ... were you one of the dribblers that announced with absolute conviction that it was a fact he only resigned because he already had another job lined up .....

I like a bit of Wood (sie) as much as the next guy but mate you have to stop defending the indefensible.

Resigning halfway through a season knowing you have a 12-month clause in your contract is either very smart or completely cynical... TB knew exactly what he was doing at the time. He had a plan no doubt because if he didn't hes just a stupid idiot. And according to yourself he's not a stupid idiot. Do you have some inside information your not sharing???????

I like a bit of Wood (sie) as much as the next guy but mate you have to stop defending the indefensible.

Resigning halfway through a season knowing you have a 12-month clause in your contract is either very smart or completely cynical... TB knew exactly what he was doing at the time. He had a plan no doubt because if he didn't hes just a stupid idiot. And according to yourself he's not a stupid idiot. Do you have some inside information your not sharing???????

I have no inside information ... but here is an alternate view ..... albiet a more considered and reasonable one ...

1) He resigned when it became clear that Penn was not going to make the changes he felt were necessary .... as he was legally obliged to give 12 months notice he did so at the earliest moment .... to have waited til the end of the year and then given 12 months notice would have been more distruptive .... he would still have to be paid for 12 months but that would have given the club no chance to get a replacement coach for 2019 ... The fact that he kept quite about his resignation until Zorba announced it months later indicates to me that he had hoped that his resignation would force Penn into opening the cheque book .... he underestimated Penn's ability to kill all opposition .....

2) A person of character resigns when they feel that they are unable to do their job for whatever the reason .... he did not have to have a plan becuase he was legally entitled to be paid for 12 months notice during which he would have ample time to consider his future ... nothing idiotic about it ....

We've been over this guys.

The difference is Barrett had the balls to stand up to Penn and Gorman, and demand something better for our team. He wanted better conditions (yes, for himself), but also the players.

Other coaches tolerate the conditions, and the everlasting unfulfilled promises made about the infrastructure of the place.

Is that a good, or bad thing though?

I also heard from a reliable person that it got to the point Barrett was fielding calls at all hours from Bob Fulton, and having to deal with that.

That, on top of a heap of baggage off the field not of his doing (salary cap, player trouble, infighting, CEO after CEO, staff quitting or being sacked on top of on field issues - injuries galore, lack of interest by some, the party culture) - it all became too much.

The problem with this site, is that when people leave the place, they become absolutely terrible to people here. When I read the lies about Taupau wanting out (apparently), I read how poor and over paid he was. Now, Walker is crap because he might be gone. I'm sure I read criticism of API, with that Twitter Rumour over Christmas. Kelly was just awful going off what I read.

Dear lord guys. As Woodside says, there are a lot of punchies. He has a right to defend Barrett, because he can look at the situation rationally.

Every coach makes some bad choices. Every single one (even Bellamy at times). But why rake on Barrett (who was obviously plugged in going by his emotion), because he tried to get some capital investment into the joint.

If CoCo boy ever gets another head coach job again and succeeds then all his few and 2 only Manly supporters will be vindicated on just how great character and head coach Trent was .
Clubs are always on the look out for great coach characters and I like most on here believe that the Barrett Brand has proven to have no such credibility what so ever and the response from other clubs have supported our view .

Last edited:

Brian Webster SMH .....
A spectacular falling out with Manly supremo Bob Fulton is the fundamental reason coach Trent Barrett is walking out of the club at the end of next year and possibly sooner.
Those close to Fulton argue Barrett lost his way the moment he stopped taking advice from the Immortal.
The moral of the story is that this puppet is totally lost without any one pulling the strings . Trent is no leader .
puppet-strings-image.png

Last edited:
Woodsie and Ryan... You guys crack me up.

Let's compare Trents record with one of his contemporaries. A coach and man manager delt just as many curve balls as the Messiah TB.

JT - Jason Taylor. Now can either of you come to agreement that JT is considered a pretty poor coach and a bit of a laughing stock?

Funny thing is he has a better overall win percentage than your man.
Screenshot_20190104-002732_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190104-002658_Chrome.jpg

So by that measure the guy was a total failure. He has been able to manufacture the position he finds himself in now. It was his own doing. No one made him quit. No one forced his hand. All the decisions made were his.

So Ryan according to your Heinz Bozo was calling him every night was he? Why did they have something going on or was it just to say goodnight?

Lets look at real life , real people and real pressure cooker NRL clubs
Which real NRL club will take on the "Gardener" to rebuild their club and ahead of which head coach ?
If any one is for real they would know the obvious answer .

Every coach makes some bad choices. Every single one (even Bellamy at times). But why rake on Barrett (who was obviously plugged in going by his emotion), because he tried to get some capital investment into the joint.
I do feel (a little) for Barrett. He was built up to be the next coaching messiah by some and then left to deal with all the crap at the club when things didn't go as planned, when he clearly wasn't qualified. I don't think most of us will ever know the whole truth to the last 3 years and it is too complex of a situation to be able to point the finger at any one individual. BUT, I do think that Barret's performance as a coach comes down to his inability to make choices and decisions. Sometimes you need to embrace the challenge and play the cards you were dealt rather than blaming your terrible luck and hoping things get better.

It's obvious that Trent was struggling as a coach but also obvious that the Penns were white anting him as well which is far more disgraceful.

How does De$ get the support Barrett was requesting within 2 weeks of his signing?

It's obvious that Trent was struggling as a coach but also obvious that the Penns were white anting him as well which is far more disgraceful.

How does De$ get the support Barrett was requesting within 2 weeks of his signing?
How ? Because no one supports a loser . He lost the respect of the Incomparable Immortal and he lost his way as he struggled on his own .
No smart person pours more money into something they have no faith in .

So nothing to do with the job opportunity that was being discussed with him at Penrith at the same time? Nothing about the cynical nature of resigning to try force the clubs hand so he could take said opportunity?

The Penn family have made a heap of mistakes but the whole “not up to scratch standards” line is some of the biggest bull I have heard

Dearest Woodsie,

The thing about this forum is, I am entitled to an opinion, the same as you are. If you don't like my opinion, it's not my concern. That's what the ignore feature is for.

I think what really highlights the type of person you are, is when someone disagrees with your point of view, you consistently resort to name calling like it is a primary school yard. C'mon Woodsie. Your better than name calling.

People on this site are entitled to have opinions on TBaz that don't paint the rosy picture you have painted for yourself.

Enjoy your offseason Woodsie.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion .... you're just not entitled to your own facts ....

To me it highlights the type of person you are, that you continue to slander and demean the character of a person you don't know simply based on your biased and fanciful opinion .....

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10