Byso

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My argument is that 2 years ago monaghan and his manager dragged this ****en club through dirt for nearly a year so he could get his contract.

He just had to have it. And don't try and tell me it didn't **** with the plans of Des Hasler and the other coaching staff.

Now, because he can't get his own way he wants to leave the contract half way through.

Agree that its a win win situation but I still think what he has done is the wrong thing towards the club and is giving him a bad image.

To me he just looks dishonest.

If I was moved sideways (or worse) in my employment I would not be waiting for an invitation to the annual xmas party. I would have done exactly like MM did. I would have secured a new position and then resign.

Whilst it may not worry you Flip some people have pride in their position within an organisation and when you find that position has been eroded, for whatever the reason I would not be asking twice if I was still wanted.

You would appear to not the same issues with your employer and are happy to take the cash regardless. I obvioulsy live in a different professional enviroment than you.

Corso, you sign a football contract to play for a team. Never, unless you are a games great are you given a guarantee on what position. And when he signed that contract, Monaghan, like all football players accept it.

Honestly, contracts aren't worth a pinch of piss anymore. Don't even know why we bother.

He has played well this season, and about effin time. If he had performed like this from the get go than we wouldn't have had endless threads about whether he is worth $240K. In his current form he is good, but he has played a lot of crap games since he has been here.

And the thing I never understood was that he was treated by some as though he was a died in the wool Manly player, born and raised here, coming through the junior ranks, grandfather helped build Brookvale oval etc etc., with all the talk of loyalty and bleeding maroon and white and all that crap. FFS he has been here, what, three seasons or something and that whole time he has been in the media with his dead**** manager whining about his contract.

Solid footballer but life will go on without MM. We didn't miss Ferris or Dorn when the tears were spilled over their departure, so I don't think the departure of Monas is going to sound the death knell.

Good luck in England, I'd rather use your money to keep Ballin here.

So Flip do you think it was a possibility they (the club)tapped him on the shoulder? You dodged that question.

No arguements that contracts are worth little, I like most on this site I would imagine sign a contract to do a particular job for an agreed salary and other benefits.

One of the problems with contracts is that you are employed to do certain work, with certain benefits, many of which are not included in the contract, ie quality of hotel, type of motor vehicle provided, class of air travel etc. They are spoken of but at least in my contract are not written into it. If my employer started making me fly Jestar and stay at some crappy motel when I travel and my colleagues will still flying Qantas and staying at the Hilton Hotel I would take the hint.

MM knew he was not wanted (FFS every supporter knew as well) and he did was best for any professional in any career. For that I have no problem with what he did. To double his salary was just an unforseen bonus.

So Flip do you think it was a possibility they (the club)tapped him on the shoulder? You dodged that question.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to dodge it.

Its a tough one. He's been playing well of late and I don't see any reason for the club to have wanted to push him. His manager and Monaghan have both been quoted saying they asked for the release but you can never be sure. However I'm sure the club gave him every attempt to find a new team for 08.

I would like to think the club extorted a little bit of money from Warrington for his early release.

eh, your not going to change flips mind nor is he going to change everyone elses.

back to the OP, i agree ryan, he has been a major part of getting us to contention for the first time in 10 years.

and he is probably the only one who would have a chance in the off field as well but i cant see him giving any of us a full run down on how his current or past contract negtiiations unfolded as much as well all would liek to know

I agree with alot of the sentiments here.

I am grateful to the bloke.. he gave his all everytime he threw on the maroon and white and that's all you can really ask for. He has played a major role in the turn around of the club and deserves the cash he's getting and deserves to be a halfback because he is one.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8