Cam Smith's "multiple threads- only one declared"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The Golden child , totally untouchable, he Thurston and Inglis, and probably Cronk......and notice the theme??

ALL QUEENSLANDERS!!

Credit where credits due. Bozos old school mentality should be taking note of no one other then Cam Smith

Composure, leadership and smarts when it comes to talking to the ref. That's like our big three weaknesses.

Kevvy says thanks for getting him sent off in England too by the way.

Literally as well.

When the new rule about when you can talk to refs came out, who was the first to break them? Smith! The frustrating thing is the refs let smith talk to them constantly...when he isn't supposed to (after penalties, etc.) If Jamie goes up to them he gets scolded like a school boy.

I think it's mainly because smith talks and doesn't yell or sound exasperated. The refs are lured in by his seductive tones.

Literally as well.

When the new rule about when you can talk to refs came out, who was the first to break them? Smith! The frustrating thing is the refs let smith talk to them constantly...when he isn't supposed to (after penalties, etc.) If Jamie goes up to them he gets scolded like a school boy.

I think it's mainly because smith talks and doesn't yell or sound exasperated. The refs are lured in by his seductive tones.

Cuts both ways though - the referees also don't speak to him like he's the scum of the earth. Unlike Jamie (and a few others), that get screamed at to "get away from me" before they have even approached the ref. Smith has definitely raised his voice and spoken disrespectfully to refs before (he wasn't entirely calm when Alex McKinnon was horribly injured and he was trying to dodge a penalty for his team, for one - but there have been plenty of other occasions when his demeanour has been quite rude).

And as for the other protected species, is there anyone who chucks bigger wobblies at the officials than Thurston?!

Referee and Killer.JPG

I'm glad the refs are short with the players, that's the way it should be. I'd hate to end up like soccer where any mildly controversial decision by the referee is met by a wave of players gesticulating madly and getting in his face, followed by 5 minutes of arguing. We don't need that, it's pathetic....but that is the way the NRL is headed. Just about every try these days is met with a howl of protest and a player imploring the ref to go upstairs.

I'm happy if the refs tell the Captains to pee off, they don't need to explain every call, and they certainly won't change their decision. But what they do need to be is consistent across the board, and treat every Captain/player the same.

In 'ice' hockey, there is a marked space on the ice (used for when ref's need to confer) and if you approach a ref whilst they are in that circle....you get to enjoy sitting down in the penalty box for 2 min.

I'm glad the refs are short with the players, that's the way it should be. I'd hate to end up like soccer where any mildly controversial decision by the referee is met by a wave of players gesticulating madly and getting in his face, followed by 5 minutes of arguing. We don't need that, it's pathetic....but that is the way the NRL is headed. Just about every try these days is met with a howl of protest and a player imploring the ref to go upstairs.

I'm happy if the refs tell the Captains to pee off, they don't need to explain every call, and they certainly won't change their decision. But what they do need to be is consistent across the board, and treat every Captain/player the same.

I think a lot of the Union refs get it about right. They are firm, to the point, but they speak to the players as adults - not naughty school kids or misbehaving animals. I also like the RU old-school approach of calling the players by number, not name. That's where a lot of the matey-matey rubbish between officials and certain NRL players really stands out, and it's not a good look.

Different standards and expectations in every sport I guess. Hell, I had a full point deducted once in taekwondo for holding up my hands and saying 'Sir' after I'd been hit illegally in the back of the head. That'd be seen as polite in pretty much every other sport, not dissent!

In 'ice' hockey, there is a marked space on the ice (used for when ref's need to confer) and if you approach a ref whilst they are in that circle....you get to enjoy sitting down in the penalty box for 2 min.
They should introduce something like that here. Have an NRL sanctioned sniper sitting up in a box with a semi automatic long range rifle trained on said spot. Any player approaches in that two minutes...head shot!....medical cab comes out throws the deceased captain on, and not to disadvantage his team mates that won't count as an interchange.

I think most teams are envious of the way all the refs have time for a quick chat and a giggle with Jamie Lyon whenever he feels like it. Such a likeable bloke, Jamie. And the refs are always so approachable and accommodating.

My best memories of smith are elbowing balin in the face about 5 times tryin to play the ball a few years back. Not penelized either bloody joke. And that sweet sweet close up shot of him sitting in stands during our 40-0 floggin of the cheatin merkins. Hope he had a great day.

OK OK it's an old thread bump.... but man it seemed to have the title I needed...

Anyway Mr. Two Contract Cameron just can't understand why players can't be good, you know....just like himself.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...hard-to-be-a-good-person-20161006-grwd37.html

....."I don't see why it's so hard to be a good person and do the right thing. I understand there are going to be issues that arise all the time. That's life.

That's not just sportsmen. We all go through ups and downs. But the ones I get really annoyed and upset about are the avoidable situations that footy players get themselves into. (like signing two contracts and being an all round ****wit of a human.)

I never forget how he attacked the face/head of the bronco player (thaiday?) in the 2008 semi final - this low act got him suspended from Grand Final. After that he is in no position to pass judgement on anything relating to player safety.

Please don't disrespect our future Immortal in such a malicious way, remember immortals can do no wrong.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8