Can of worms

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
how simple would it be if tomorrow he releases a statement
that players will be suspended if they are charged by the police for any serious offense,
Better alternative than letting Gallop decide guilt, as he does currently, or not, as suits his current whim and emotional state and political pressures.

What offences are not serious? And for how long would you suspend, BE? It took Laffranchi over a year to be found innocent. In that time he played and won his first caps for State and Country, and increased his market worth in huge leaps.  You'd take that away from him for what the Courts decided were untrue/unprovable allegations?

If you suspended Laffranchi for a shorter period then there'd be the same screams for further suspension when he returned as there were at the start.

And then there's the prospect of players being set up before a crucial match.  You only need to read our postings to know how wacky and unbalanced us fans are.

How simple would it be if we just let the police and courts do their jobs, as they do for every other person in the country, instead of second-guessing who the courts will find guilty and who they will find innocent? Is that too radical?

And if the papers try to do their sensationalising, then the NRL chief simply says what Dessie said.  The players are entitled to presumption of innocence just like every other person in Australia. Give them no other answer.  Train the media, just like you train a dog that you don't put the food bowl down until they sit and stay sitting. No matter how much barking and whining and jumping they do. Persistence.

**** im glad my employer and my former employer are not like the NRL

at a pizza hut confrence at twin waters i was pretending to root a statue in front of the state manager and the national ops manager

all they did was encourage me to go harder

man if dave gallop was my boss i would have be boned there and then so to speak :p

ConcernedSupporter link said:
OK hold up

So when this years premiers have their celebration and the entire side is drunk they should, according to preceedent, all miss the first 4 weeks on the 2010 season through suspension?!

LMAO! 
Well no, and for obvious reason: the week after the grand final is not a key week for the NRL.

The first week of the new season is also not really a key week.

But the week before the start of the new season is the key week. Surely anyone can understand that?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=ConcernedSupporter link=topic=179736.msg214168#msg214168 date=1237513625]
OK hold up

So when this years premiers have their celebration and the entire side is drunk they should, according to preceedent, all miss the first 4 weeks on the 2010 season through suspension?!

LMAO! 
Well no, and for obvious reason: the week after the grand final is not a key week for the NRL.

The first week of the new season is also not really a key week.

But the week before the start of the new season is the key week. Surely anyone can understand that?
[/quote]

:) Yes I do understand.

I was poking fun at the ruling and pondering the "what ifs" as a result of the decision.

DSM5 link said:
... Where will all this Gallopism end? 

"Gallopism".  Love it, DSM.  Looked it up:

Pronunciation: \?ga-l?p-?pi-z?m\  
Function:    noun
Etymology: David Gallop, character noted for his incompetent and incomprehensibly erratic decision-making in NRL comedy, The Premiership Race (2009)

1: the usually unintentionally humorous distortion of facts to make an Everest out of a molehill; especially: the use of a line of reasoning sounding crudely like an intelligible one to the gullible, but ludicrously wrong in the context.

2: behaviour when acting like a full-on Gallop

3:  a religion of eastern Australia growing out of the teaching of David Gallop that suffering is compulsory if you are a Manly (suffering later recognised as extending to all Rugby League fans under his reign) and that one can only be liberated from it by worshipping David Gallop himself and second-guessing/worshipping his next 180 degree turn.  Organised religion experienced temporary growth, based on ubiquitous promulgation by News Ltd and associated media, later usurping "Orange People" and "Jim Jones" (Jonestown) roles in religious folklore.

Fresh entry required in Wikipedia?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8