Can of worms

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Listening to talkin sport this afternoon and Graham Hughes brought up a scenario for later on in the season, (we all know Gallop banned Stewart for 4 weeks for the allegation he has been charged with) but the official line from the NRL is he got suspended for 4 weeks for drunken behavior , so later on in the year when teams go on their mad mondys and the Premiers have their celebration are they going to cop the same treatment as Stewart did because we all know that they will be in a drunken state, can of worms they need to close and soon

We all know the answer will be no, apart from Manly all their players barring the ones that don't drink will be banned

This is getting a bit ridiculous.  A guy can't get on the turps without the NRL coming down on them.  What about the roles of Fittler and Stuart in all this.  If Seymour hadn't fallen in a heap would he be stood down?  unlikely.  Is he fined because he felldown, like Brett allegedly?  If he had of been able to hold the same amount of grog and make it home in a cab then nothing?  So he gets fined and stood down because he fell down.  Is that it?  Our club was fined 100 grand for doing what?  Stuart and Fittler encouraged this drinking, as did our club according to Gallop, then where's their fine.  It makes me really angry. 

DSM5 link said:
Our club was fined 100 grand for doing what?  Stuart and Fittler encouraged this drinking, as did our club according to Gallop, then where's their fine.  It makes me really angry. 

yeah they shouldve been fined as well, but you know why

I'm not exactly sure what is written in each players contract, but find it hard to believe you could fine a player for something that the law seems to have no trouble with. Last time i checked, getting drunk and falling over was not a punishable offence. Drink driving on the other hand.

OneEyedEagle link said:
Guy's I think you will find the clubs fined them directly. Rooters $10K and the Shire Scum $20k.

where is the 100K fine for the clubs like manly recieved for taking no action?

So what the NRL are saying is that getting blind drunk and driving yourself home is half as bad as getting blind drunk (allegedly) and catching a cab home.

OK hold up

So when this years premiers have their celebration and the entire side is drunk they should, according to preceedent, all miss the first 4 weeks on the 2010 season through suspension?!

LMAO! 

Give God a fair go guys.  He has clearly understandable guidelines and generous special offers (conditions apply):

FOUR WEEKS: Player refused bar service and catch a cab home

Special offer 1: Throw in drunk off your face with a high range DUI and your suspension is halved.  Allegedly

Special offer 2: Discount for smashed off your face, public complaints of abuse and food throwing, and a prior offence record - up to two weeks if alcohol and violence-related resulting in prior long term scrubbing from the NRL.  Allegedly

ZERO WEEKS
: Do whatever you like if you're a News Ltd Team. Get drunk, Friday to Monday drinking sessions, tackle bar managers, illegally remove grog from a bar pushing away any bar staff who try to stop you, engage in non-consensual sexual acts, taking photos to use and embarrass victim later etc. Allegedly

$100,000 Fine: Offer drinks to players and don't tuck them into bed afterwards.
Special offer: 100% discount if your boss is on the NRL Board. Allegedly

So what's not clear?

Question re the fines club's impose internally

What do clubs tend to do with that money? Does it go anywhere ( I remember hearing some being donated to junior footy???) Does this get audited ala the salary cap?

Take a walk down George Street or down at the Rocks and how many people would you see acting like the players.

As long as they don't hurt anyone or themselves its funny to see a pisshead attempt to walk or passed out in the gutter.

Its been happening even before Jesus Christ himself was born and it ain't going to stop now.

Don't the players who win at the end of the year drink alcohol from a bottle and then spray it over people?  Geez, maybe that'll be banned.  Where will all this Gallopism end? 

DSM5 link said:
Don't the players who win at the end of the year drink alcohol from a bottle and then spray it over people?  Geez, maybe that'll be banned.  Where will all this Gallopism end? 

Does the NRL Grand Final count as an official NRL function?

(Yes, I know, it's crazy, Gallop's simply trying to justify his decision to suspend Snake in any way possible that doesn't involve him saying "I suspended him because he has been charged").

how simple would it be if tomorrow he releases a statement
that players will be suspended if they are charged by the police for any serious offense,

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8