Can we win any of the remaining games?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Can we win any of rounds 24/25/26

• Yes

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
Regardless , I feel this way !!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 6
Won't win any. We'll try hard.

33% win percentage for Barrett as a coach.
Not a great statistic for his resume.

8 wins, 16 losses.

We haven't been that bad in 12 years.

Agree with all that but it's also been 12 years ( or close enough) since we've had a rookie coach , and a turnover of players as big as we have.

I'm giving Twenty until about round 8 next year, if we are say " 1 win 7 losses" then I'd suggest he will be sacked at that point.

BUT

Let's summise that,

The Stewart issue is resolved one way or the other ( this I feel is paramount to the 2017 campaign).

Tom / Jorge injuries are fixed.

We have a proper 5/8 ( maybe Green with Cullen as backup).

We have a fit Skivvy OR another strike centre ( whom I don't know but in these days of contracts meaning bugger all then who knows).

And we have a reasonable pack of forwards ( the current ones have been going " ok" recently).

And MOST important we fix whatever problem we seem to have with training / preparation to limit the injuries to just plain bad luck.

Then let's have the Twenty conversation again.

I'm no huge fan by the way, but I'm also prepared to cut the guy a bit of slack given the 2016 circumstances.

Agree with all that but it's also been 12 years ( or close enough) since we've had a rookie coach , and a turnover of players as big as we have.

I'm giving Twenty until about round 8 next year, if we are say " 1 win 7 losses" then I'd suggest he will be sacked at that point.

BUT

Let's summise that,

The Stewart issue is resolved one way or the other ( this I feel is paramount to the 2017 campaign).

Tom / Jorge injuries are fixed.

We have a proper 5/8 ( maybe Green with Cullen as backup).

We have a fit Skivvy OR another strike centre ( whom I don't know but in these days of contracts meaning bugger all then who knows).

And we have a reasonable pack of forwards ( the current ones have been going " ok" recently).

And MOST important we fix whatever problem we seem to have with training / preparation to limit the injuries to just plain bad luck.

Then let's have the Twenty conversation again.

I'm no huge fan by the way, but I'm also prepared to cut the guy a bit of slack given the 2016 circumstances.

In order for us to be successful, we need to acquire talent. If we have lost Lyon, Stewart, Symonds, Mateo, Moltzen, Burgess, (maybe Lawrence, Starling, Vave) I want some astute buys.

Not Blake (Northern Eagles) Green who will be at his 7th club in 9 years. We are his fall back position. He chose to stay with The Storm, but they wanted to move on to fit Cronk, Munster & Slater in the 1, 6 & 7. We should be his FIRST choice destination. This means his heart won't be completely in it.

I just want players who are passionate, and want to die for our colours and jersey.

No. We'll not win any remaining matches.
While we have greatly improved in the forwards our backs are hopeless. This used to be our strength, putting on moves, being dangerous from any position on the field, speed, agility, sleight-of-hand...
Now it's a fifth tackle kick-and-hope.
What's that say about our coaching? Wasn't Barrett going to bring some attacking flair to our armoury? Where are the attacking moves from a scrum?
Along with Illawarra and the Dogs we are the most boring team to watch. What a pity. It used to be so exciting watching our backline, and I can go back to the 1960's.

No. We'll not win any remaining matches.
While we have greatly improved in the forwards our backs are hopeless. This used to be our strength, putting on moves, being dangerous from any position on the field, speed, agility, sleight-of-hand...
Now it's a fifth tackle kick-and-hope.
What's that say about our coaching? Wasn't Barrett going to bring some attacking flair to our armoury? Where are the attacking moves from a scrum?
Along with Illawarra and the Dogs we are the most boring team to watch. What a pity. It used to be so exciting watching our backline, and I can go back to the 1960's.

Your kidding aren't you? Which one of the 18 different backlines are you talking about? The ones missing Snake and Matai? The ones where Walker was 5/8 and no coaching would make a difference? The ones where Lyon went to 5/8 and had Browne as one centre and the rookie WillyArmy as the other? The ones where we had Api at half? Or maybe the one when we had both Godinot and Api in the halves?

I'll watch the remaining games but with little to no emotion about them and I hate that more than anything. This year has been an absolute failure. We've gone backwards from sh*t. Poor coaching and selections cost us the season by mid year. Barrett better get his sh*t sorted with team selections and recruiting or another season of this will see the place burn.

Can't have winning seasons every year; that's footy. Put your expectations in line with this, and you will enjoy your footy a lot more.

Go Manly
I expect to be in finals every year with this club. Mediocre sht being dished up this year is never acceptable at Manly. Anyone in admin or staff who thinks there's been anything positive this year needs to fuk right off now.

Last year we were in with a chance to make the semis in the last round.
We finished 2015 on 30 points and came 9th. This was seen as a failure and the coach and staff got the sack

This year we sit on 20 points with 3 very hard games to go

Is this a results driven business ?

@Mark from Brisbane you need a third option of 'irrelevant'

Even the internaly orchestrated failure of 2015, had the Top 8 finish in the balance till round 26 - this year we finished with 4 rounds to go :(

All 3 grades have regressed :wondering:
I feel the forwards second half of this year have shown more aggression and power compared to last year, still needs more but we have not regressed in that department.

Attack without Foran lacks a clinical structured composure about it, take it this way with Foran we probably make the 8 this year or get close. The Parra and Dogs games would be wins, all it would of required is one pet polished play used over the last 7 years in each game to come away with the victory.

Need to look up on Green as i have not watched many games of NRL at all this past few years but in all honesty if Melb can find or develop several 5/8's over the years to fill the void and compliment/play within their structures why can't Manly do the same thing.

We purchase Orford and Bell from Melb to raise our level now looking like Green, where is the pride in our own development and scouting, or do we lack the coaching talent to develop talent and structure in this area.

Last year we were in with a chance to make the semis in the last round.
We finished 2015 on 30 points and came 9th. This was seen as a failure and the coach and staff got the sack

This year we sit on 20 points with 3 very hard games to go

Is this a results driven business ?
Damn if i hear this over-used "Results driven business" autopilot comeback mantra one more time........

Glad I'm not the only one who will be cheering them win, lose or draw and there are a few others I've noticed like @Mark from Brisbane @niccipops @SeaEagle9413 @Manly To Win! @Karin who still care about Manly getting a win :clap: Go Manly!
Yes you are right @ALinda my family and I will be there cheering our team like we have all year- nothing changes for us. I only hope the fans (yes fans!) put in more of an effort in cheering on their team. If we lift for them I am sure our team will lift for us and to be honest that hill has been too quiet of late. The energy is not there if you make the effort to come- bloody well cheer! Go Manly!

Not sure how anyone thinks we'll be any better next season. We've signed no one of quality and many problems we had early in the season we still have. I got excited when we beat a few **** teams but now I'm back in reality and really struggling to understand why our coach is Trent ****ing Barrett.

Can't have winning seasons every year; that's footy. Put your expectations in line with this, and you will enjoy your footy a lot more.

Go Manly
Every year ???? This is our second year out of the finals .
We are the mighty Sea eagles the most successful club in the modern era and our expectations should be high
otherwise we can kiss our glorious winning record good bye

Injuries destroyed any hope of Manly or Barrett succeeding this year and that's why I'm quite OK about Barrett coaching next year. Not his fault the clowns in charge kicked Toovey out. I think next year will be an improvement. I think we'll make the 8, but I dont think we'll get above 5th especially with Lyon gone. But there's some new kids coming through (only a few) who will boost the team (Knight, Hopoate, T. Wright, maybe Parker). 6-8 my best guess.

This year is over so we shouldnt be risking more serious injuries with our top players. Tom needs time out and an op. So does Jorge. Hopefully Matai will give us one more season. There is no sensible reason to risk long term injuries. As it is Tom and Jorge may even miss a few early games next year even if they get their ops done now.

As for this season, I cant see Manly beating the Storm, and Canberra and Penrith have too much too lose in their positions in the 8. With luck we'll win one, but I wouldnt count on it.

I'll watch the remaining games but with little to no emotion about them and I hate that more than anything. This year has been an absolute failure. We've gone backwards from sh*t. Poor coaching and selections cost us the season by mid year. Barrett better get his sh*t sorted with team selections and recruiting or another season of this will see the place burn.
....and the NRL will be there with the match.
NYEagle

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7