Can we win any of the remaining games?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Can we win any of rounds 24/25/26

• Yes

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
I feel the forwards second half of this year have shown more aggression and power compared to last year, still needs more but we have not regressed in that department.

Attack without Foran lacks a clinical structured composure about it, take it this way with Foran we probably make the 8 this year or get close. The Parra and Dogs games would be wins, all it would of required is one pet polished play used over the last 7 years in each game to come away with the victory.

Need to look up on Green as i have not watched many games of NRL at all this past few years but in all honesty if Melb can find or develop several 5/8's over the years to fill the void and compliment/play within their structures why can't Manly do the same thing.

We purchase Orford and Bell from Melb to raise our level now looking like Green, where is the pride in our own development and scouting, or do we lack the coaching talent to develop talent and structure in this area.
The defense has improved dramatically in the second half of the year. That's why its disapointing to hear that Seibold is rumoured to have quit and signed with the Rabbids. :cool: It shows that something is still intefering with the coaching deparment :mad:

I feel for the young guys like Nicho Hynes, the NYC 5/8. After the injuries to Moltzen and Johns, he should have been given a chance to earn his first grade spot @:cool:

The Walker experiment weakened two positions in an injury riddled team :confused:

Green is OK and does adjust his game to what the opposition is presenting. We'll see him on Saturday at Brookie :)

I seriously wanted to put a dent in the bulldogs top 4 chances on Thursday night but we may have a chance against the storm as they'll probably rest dronk & smith.

If St Merge can beat the Sharks, then we can beat at least one of the remaining 3.

Don't be surprised if it's not round 25, the boys will lift for Killer.

Not sure how anyone thinks we'll be any better next season. We've signed no one of quality and many problems we had early in the season we still have. I got excited when we beat a few **** teams but now I'm back in reality and really struggling to understand why our coach is Trent ****ing Barrett.
The attack/structures has to improve along with the continued improvements in power and aggression from our forward pack to not just be making up the numbers in the top 8.

At least effort wise there was a level of consistency unlike last year where their minds were all over the place.

The first half of the year was very soft and being overpowered, disjointed,short turn arounds, injury riddled, Northern Eagles like lack of team chemistry/bonding.

As the second half of the year unfolded the aggression picked up along with the power running, defense improved, attack improved a little also and the feeling of starting to look like a team taking shape.

Last year we still relied on our class in the back-line and structures over the past 7 years or so to generate points and go forward spreads compensating for the lack of depth and grunt in the forward department, Manly were stagnating.

This year our forward depth and grunt is starting to be regenerated, we are building up a nice platform to build into next year. Now we have to make sure our attack capitalizes on the improvements in this area so that the forwards don't feel their efforts are all for nothing.

Green(if he is signed) appears to be a cheaper, older, less talented version of Foran who works well with structure, straightens up and can hit straight runners as he penetrates, can hit a decent second man stock play along with some kicking options, keeps it simple and effective. (going off youtube highlights of English Super-league where there is way too much space and defensive errors), haven't looked into his Melb Storm performances.

I would prefer a little more sharpness at the line with a nice step like Foran to penetrate but "if" Barrett can set some nice structures/formations in our attack along with continued improvements in our forward grunt and depth i can't see why the top 8 is out of reach.

I'll watch every one of our games left this year and be screaming at the ref, the Bunker, the opposition players, the touchies, the TV, and many other things no matter what.

I feel like I've inherited the Sea Eagles gene because I cannot see us play without emotion. I've lost years off my life expectancy watching us play, with every single penalty, mistake, opposition try, and all the dud ref calls just giving my heart hell.

I know you all have it too.

I think we'll do better next year if the players are introduced to each other. The way they've played this year has made me question whether they've met each other before.

Man, I don't have it in me to try to predict next year as anything but successful. My brain just walks out if I think we'll struggle. You've probably all noticed that my brain walks out often.

I just cling to hope for dear life. Hope that we can sign the biggest name in the game: James Hasson. What a signing that would be. If only wishes came true.

Wow. Writing that last paragraph about Hasson brought up a considerable amount of bile.

Well after a few days it's about 50/50 , although if TT & Horhay have gone in for early surgery I imagine that percentage ( if polled again) would be quite different.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4