Can't wait

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
Amen. Hall was a legend

Fun fact for the evening. I'm mates with his cousin who is the local halfback for the town, looks a lot like Glenny and has the ticker of G Hall.

Resume doom and gloom which is warranted...

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=183934.msg272913#msg272913 date=1278757804]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183934.msg272906#msg272906 date=1278757594]
I don't know guys - but I still believe our forward pack just looks unfit?? Whilst we are criticizing them, we also need to remember:-

1. How good they were and can be;
2. Whilst unfit, are probably one of the most SKILLFUL packs (they can all pass at the line / offload etc).

Hopefully, with a full off season of training, we come back much lighter, more mobile, and more fit.

Someone mentioned above that we have bought no-one. Just remember guys, not many teams get to inject both Brett Stewart / David Williams into a team. Rose will hopefully be fitter. Perry will be in The UK. By all reports DCE rises to the occasion (MoM awards at both Origin and City / Country lvls). THEN, maybe Hoppa / Whare, and I believe a few really good forwards coming through in NYC.

It's not all doom and gloom.

Good optimism. But are you really confident of B Stewart returning at all, let alone at full fitness?

[/quote]

I have very high hopes mate. Sometimes I reckon people forget how much better we are as a team when he's get our jersey on...
[/quote]

Mate, I don't forget at all. We'd be a completely different side if he was out there. He makes ordinary players look better due to what he can add. I really hope he can come back, but I'm not confident at all. He could've been an all time great. To me, what he's going through proves the non-existence of God. Seems like a top bloke from a top family, and look what he's going through...

Ryan link said:
I don't know guys - but I still believe our forward pack just looks unfit?? Whilst we are criticizing them, we also need to remember:-

2. Whilst unfit, are probably one of the most SKILLFUL packs (they can all pass at the line / offload etc).

Hopefully, with a full off season of training, we come back much lighter, more mobile, and more fit.

Someone mentioned above that we have bought no-one. Just remember guys, not many teams get to inject both Brett Stewart / David Williams into a team. Rose will hopefully be fitter. Perry will be in The UK. By all reports DCE rises to the occasion (MoM awards at both Origin and City / Country lvls). THEN, maybe Hoppa / Whare, and I believe a few really good forwards coming through in NYC.

Ryan....jokingly if you believe half of that positive prattle your trying to sell us after tonight's performance you should be selling ice to the Eskimos.

Absolutely gutted with that effort tonight and in fact most of this year. Expecting them to stand up after that rout at Penrith and show some character, guts, determination and will to win. All they served up was effortless surrender. Can't believe we have gone from the greatest grand final victory in history in Oct 2008 back to the dark days of Sharpe N.E **** in less than 2 years.

mickqld link said:
Absolutely gutted with that effort tonight and in fact most of this year. Expecting them to stand up after that rout at Penrith and show some character, guts, determination and will to win. All they served up was effortless surrender. Can't believe we have gone from the greatest grand final victory in history in Oct 2008 back to the dark days of Sharpe N.E s**t in less than 2 years.
I lay the blame squarely with Delmege, his inability to pay the bills and his drinking buddies that vote for whatever he tells them. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=mickqld link=topic=183934.msg273000#msg273000 date=1278764913]
Absolutely gutted with that effort tonight and in fact most of this year. Expecting them to stand up after that rout at Penrith and show some character, guts, determination and will to win. All they served up was effortless surrender. Can't believe we have gone from the greatest grand final victory in history in Oct 2008 back to the dark days of Sharpe N.E s**t in less than 2 years.
I lay the blame squarely with Delmege, his inability to pay the bills and his drinking buddies that vote for whatever he tells them. 
[/quote]

Harsh, but fair.
I guess this is what they all wanted though.

Ryan link said:

I agree 100% with your assessment, but the doom & gloom comes from the belief that Des won't pick any of those players until an injury occurs.

GJ link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183934.msg272906#msg272906 date=1278757594]

I agree 100% with your assessment, but the doom & gloom comes from the belief that Des won't pick any of those players until an injury occurs.
[/quote]

I know. On the park we are ok. It's everything OFF it about attitude and decision making that is ****ing our team.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=mickqld link=topic=183934.msg273000#msg273000 date=1278764913]
[/quote]
Just asking a random question....it would be interesting to know if the club could stay competitive with just one owner? 
I vaguely remember a time when Scott and Max offered to buy each other out.

I think the Penns could handle it by themselves, they offered to buy out Max's share, but he declined with something along the lines of over my dead body or something.  Max solo, probably not. 
I've never gone into the Max v Penns debate but Max seems more old boys club whereas the Penns run more like a business.  Could definitely be wrong and I'm not supporting one more than the other because i simply don't know enough.  No doubt both have their good bits and their bad bits. 

It was 2nd rate garbage-plain and simple!What about the great press conference?And the ridiculous "Des' diary" (diarrhoea) we got sent out?Fair enough he gave us the greatest GF victory in 2008,but this is 2010-we need to win this year!!The bloke needs to remember that the people pay for the game,and the press are our intermediates(like it or not)!No wonder we get the rough end of the pineapple all the time,when our coach goes on like a 3 or 4 yo!

One positive out of that smacking at the hands of the raiders
Des will be baying for blood all week at training and hopefully itll be the kick in the ass the team needs to get the season back on track

The NE Debacle and the following years till 08 showed us a major positive

The night is always darkest before the dawn and the dawn is coming

Yelling at the TV in the canberra game strained my vocal cords,that was pathetic,they showed heart but a percieved lack of fitness and also to much urgency,they played at a canberra level......hopefully the sharks will show us our way back to the stripe

That game will go down in the annals as a terribly stupid loss that should never have occured lost by a substandard halfback and a forward pack that after 30ish minutes did diddly ****

Apart from the storm (and their cap cheating) can you name one NRL club with recent sustained success?

I am not talking about the bronco's and their semi run but winning the comp

lsz link said:
Apart from the storm (and their cap cheating) can you name one NRL club with recent sustained success?

I am not talking about the bronco's and their semi run but winning the comp

The salary cap doesn't allow it. To consistently make the semi's is a massive acheivement these days. It's great to see how passionate our supporters are, but passion sometimes blinds reality. I'm as passionate as any one, I have been following the eagles for 35 years, but I don't expect them to win the comp every year, Doesn't mean I don't want them to. I would love to see them give 100% every week though. 

Ryan link said:

I appreiate the comments here from you and others in this thread.

But I'm really pissed off, because I don't want to talk about next year and how good we may be next year. I'm worried about THIS year.

Can we please talk about THIS year guys?. I don't want to hear about Brett Stewart and Wolfman. They are not playing and are worthless to me right now. I want to work out whats the mental problem with this lot right now, because this exact team playing right now is capable of winning the premiership.

Do you guys honestly think it would take much to beat the likes of Penrith and Saints in 2010?. Absolutely not.

So lets help them figure this out.

As I have said before, Matai puts in week in week out, dicky shoulder or not. How he hasn’t been resigned yet is beyond me.

Enough said.

A
Matabele link said:
It will be fascinating to view the rousing list of positives that Shagger and his fellow apologists will find for tonight's inept slop. 

Watmough is not at Queensland Cup standard at the moment, let alone making a side to play Queensland.  He made three howlers to cost us the game.  Blue is well and truly back with us.

The only players who can hold their heads up tonight are Foran and Matai.  The rest looked disinterested.  What awful baloney that we're dropping home games to sides outside the 8.  If we lose to the Sharks next week it will be because of one thing.  They have zero talent but will want to win.

We just don't seem to care anymore.

A true supporter would never say such a thing.

Australians all let us rejoice for he is not that cheap , With hairy balls on the north shore, our home is called brookie.

God bless our wonderful Mr Lowe.

Even when Des is wrong he's right.

You are all Philistines.

Bring back Dancing Zorba - Bring back Ox.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6