Captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
so I usually watch the games on the edge of my seat then once more with a more placid state of mind.
If we win I'll watch it again more closely.

On the replay Chez is worth every dollar he does not get the praise he deserves. He carried us last year the whole year.

Watching the raiders game, on the raiders last set before we won the game, Chez makes the try saving tackle on Austin. As soon as the ball is played he runs all the way to the other side of the field to make a game
saving tackle on Croker

Captains knock that will go without praise

On another note Hastings will be a bloody good player once he settles a bit and grows up. A year around this group and we have a solid half there as well

Last edited:
Chez_TA.JPG

The pass

Chez_T.JPG

The Tackle to stop the hooker, running from under the posts when Uate was left on his ow as Api runs for a chargedown

Last edited:
He turned our season around in round 3, he's won us games on his defence which I did not realise until Friday. I know he won't read this but DCE keep it up mate your are proving the doubters wrong through amazing leadership and match winning plays. Well done Chez!

Daly's been brilliant this year, I think Green, although maybe not playing his best football atm, has helped him immensely. Dce's been a good, calm captain and that has shown to be the good kind at getting refs on their side (eg. Smith, Thurston) ;)

I've been particularly hard on DCE this past 18 months. He has really showed my comments for what they were tbh, and I'm very proud to say he's rubbing it my face each and every performance this season.

He looks like he's having fun again.

Pleasure to watch

DCE is very diplomatic with the refs. When things go against us he always addresses the refs calmly and with respect, and they usually respond well to it.

He will be a good captain, it seems the new responsibility is helping his career.

He is tough. His toughness is often underestimated.

I reckon a lot of the DCE hate we've seen over the past 2 years is due to his persona - the controlled, considered way he speaks, his image-consciousness, his ambition. A knockabout, one-of-the-boys type, he ain't.

Can he be a good leader for Manly? Absolutely, precisely because of that toughness, ambition, and single-mindedness.

He is tough. His toughness is often underestimated.

I reckon a lot of the DCE hate we've seen over the past 2 years is due to his persona - the controlled, considered way he speaks, his image-consciousness, his ambition. A knockabout, one-of-the-boys type, he ain't.

Can he be a good leader for Manly? Absolutely, precisely because of that toughness, ambition, and single-mindedness.

Exactly. Plus the way the media hung him out to dry during his contract negotiations. I'd be cagey with them too.

Good call @Dan and yes DCE is growing into the captain's role well. His natural, articulate manner has helped him on and off the field, as has the recruitment of Green in the halves to take some pressure of him.
The area where I think Chez doesn't get enough credit for is his defence. He's done many outstanding try-saving tackles and you give perfect examples of this @Dan in the Raiders game. Interestingly, Barrett commented in the presser after the game if he has any criticism of DCE, its that he does a bit too much tackling! I'd agree with that - he shouldn't have to do as much as he does.

Even when he is struggling he is still trying things and to me that is a champion right there . I wouldn't swap him for all the tea in china.

I caught myself a cpl times on Friday yelling at him when he was asking the question of the refs..
'Fkn blow up Daly!' was my usual response. But no somehow he stays composed, keeps the refs in check. And doesn't get marched ten. Good job DCE.

DCE is finally playing like he is free of all the controversy and enjoying his football again. It is good to see him doing some of the heroics that have made him a great player that we saw the other night. I think the responsibility of captain is helping him lift his own game and we seem to be a happier and more together side compared to 15 and 16.

When Dce isnt running the ball & making plays people tend to think he has disappeared ,which isnt the case . I noticed Five mins before halftime against the Raiders ,Dce makes 4 tackles in a row & then is involved in the 5th one,it was brilliant.
Was worried with him taking the Captaincy but is handling it in his stride.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7