Carbon dioxide tax

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
I find it interesting how the "debate" has moved from climate skeptics to now "we contribute so little to the global problem"

I find it interesting that the moniker has moved from 'global warming' to 'climate change'.

My major beef with it is that one section of the community (higher income earners) are ultimately paying for it.

This govt has proven they can't get anything right.
What about WA missing out on all the Carbon tax compensation and other govt handouts, simply because the state has already invested heavily in new generation coal powered stations, which are the greenest in the country, with the lowest pollution emissions.
Pinch from the rich, to give to the poor.

Kind of reminds me of Yassi and the QLD floods where the rest of Australia will be paying the repair bill for decades to come, because QLD govt thought they would be smart and could save money by not insuring their infrastructure.
Labor is a cancer.

The carbon tax is a good thing, it needs to be set right in order to drive new technology therefore creating new business.

Libs dont like it because their entire fiscal policy is selling resources this will not make their mates as happy.

We are the number 1 producer of CO2 emissions per person and people think we should do nothing FMD!

It is similar to the pokies tax argument

People are worried it will kill off the clubs revenue...which it would do by reducing the amount people gamble...

How is that a bad thing?

The problem with the whole scenario is the word TAX. Had they introduced exces carbon emission fines instead of a carbon tax most people woul be happy.

Fluffy said:
The carbon tax is a good thing, it needs to be set right in order to drive new technology therefore creating new business.

Libs dont like it because their entire fiscal policy is selling resources this will not make their mates as happy.

We are the number 1 producer of CO2 emissions per person and people think we should do nothing FMD!

I thought that it was the labor state premiers like Anna Bligh and Kristina kenneally who granted mining exploration leases covering 80% of Australia? And in NSW case the previous labor government gave the mining companies a 5 years excemption from paying royalties as well. Great deal for the NSW taxpayers - not.

Wasn't it the federal labor government who backtracked on introducing Rudd's original mining tax proposal and who still hasn't introduced an ammended one yet? Looking after their mining mates in RIO and BHP no doubt.

Surely the current carbon tax is inequitable in that it only taxes the top 500 companies. Why not tax every company on its emmissions?

Why not put a tax instead on every bit of coal dug out of the ground. That way China, India etc would have to pay their share of the tax as well and would benefit Australia?

Another $50m of taxpayers funds down the drain and one less company trying to make clean coal. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/clean-coal-shambles-as-zerogen-project-collapses/comments-e6freuzr-1226178889341

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6